Subject: draft-behringer-mpls-vpn-auth-02.txt a WG doc?

From: "Michael H. Behringer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 17:17:19 +0200

Marco, Rick,

In San Francisco we got the chance to present our work on L3 VPN 
import/export verification, and I asked whether the WG would consider this 
draft as a WG document, for which there seemed to be interest. Now we have 
updated the draft, and we would like to ask here whether the WG is 
interested in making this document a WG draft.

Thanks for your feedback,
Michael

---
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-behringer-mpls-vpn-auth-02.txt
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 11:57:49 +0000 (UTC)
From: [email-masked]
Organization: A Cisco EMS InterNetNews site
Newsgroups: cisco.external.ietf.announce

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

         Title           : MPLS VPN Import/Export Verification
         Author(s)       : M. Behringer, J. Guichard, P. Marques
         Filename        : draft-behringer-mpls-vpn-auth-02.txt
         Pages           : 9
         Date            : 2003-4-10

Configuration errors on Provider Edge (PE) routers in Layer-3 VPN
networks based on [RFC2547] can lead to security breaches of the
connected VPNs. For example, the PE router could be mistakenly
configured such that a connected Customer Edge (CE) router belongs to
an incorrect VPN. Here we propose a scheme that verifies local and
remote routing information received by the PE router before it
installs new VPN routes into the Virtual Routing & Forwarding
Instance (VRF). The proposed changes affect only the PE routers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-behringer-mpls-vpn-auth-02.txt