Subject: Regarding progressing VPLS docs

From: Rahul Aggarwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 16:34:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Marco and Rick,

I would like to add my support for making both:

 draft-lasserre-vkompella-ppvpn-vpls-04.txt
 draft-kompella-ppvpn-vpls-01.txt

as WG docs with the caveat that the common parts should not be
repeated. draft-lasserre may be a good place to keep the common
portion. In particular the data plane description that is common to these
specs can be left in draft-lasserre and pulled out of draft-kompella. 

Its possible to have a never ending discussion on the pros and cons of
each. The bottomline is that LDP signaling + protocol X auto-discovery or
BGP signaling + BGP auto-discovery, both have their own applicability. If
down the road we figure out that one of these solutions doesn't have
deployment traction, the respective doc doesn't have to be moved to RFC
status. 

Thanks,
rahul

---

From: John Drake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 08:00:34 -0700

I think Rahul's proposal is sensible

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Rahul Aggarwal [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 4:35 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Regarding progressing VPLS docs
> 
> 
> 
> Hi Marco and Rick,
>