Subject: multiple VRFs association

From: John Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 06:51:17 +0100 (BST)

Hello,
What i understand till now is that the VRF is not mapped to individual sites in the VPN
but to the ports on the PE router. This is so because i can have overlapping VPNs wherein
i would want the two different sites to share the same VRF. Thus multiple ports on the PE
router can be associated with a single VRF.

My doubt is that can i have it the other way around OR putting it in a different way can
the same PE router port be associated with two different VRFs? 

I think is is *only* possible with ethernets where using the concept of VLANs i can have
the same physical port be associated with multiple VRFs.

PLease let me know if i am correct in my understanding.

Thanks a lot !

Regards,
John Smith

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page
from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts
http://uk.my.yahoo.com

---

From: "Shiv Agarwal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 23:41:01 -0700

you can do the same thing on ATM ports using sub interfaces, on channelized
ports using channel groups, etc etc.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Smith [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2003 10:51 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: multiple VRFs association

Hello,
What i understand till now is that the VRF is not mapped to individual sites
in the VPN
but to the ports on the PE router. This is so because i can have overlapping
VPNs wherein
i would want the two different sites to share the same VRF. Thus multiple
ports on the PE
router can be associated with a single VRF.

My doubt is that can i have it the other way around OR putting it in a
different way can
the same PE router port be associated with two different VRFs?

I think is is *only* possible with ethernets where using the concept of
VLANs i can have
the same physical port be associated with multiple VRFs.

Thanks a lot !

Regards,
John Smith