Subject: progressing docs

From: "Vasile Radoaca" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 21:25:00 -0400

Marco/Rick,

Following  the increasing interest of the SPs in the VPLS distributed model,
based on various successful trails of such type of solution in large SP
networks, and backup by a handful of vendors that are supporting the GVPLS
solution, I would like  to request   "draft-radoaca-ppvpn-gvpls-01.txt" to
be validated as a WG document. 
We believe that paying attention to such model, will provide a good long
term solution, where non-distributed and distributed models can coexist and
complement each other in a consistent way.

Cheers
   Vasile

---

From: Eric Rosen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 13:33:36 -0400

> draft-radoaca-ppvpn-gvpls-01.txt

I support  accepting this as a WG  document, even though, like  any other WG
document, it may have a number of open issues and/or flaws.

---

From: "amita" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 21:08:39 -0700

I would like to support  draft-radoaca-ppvpn-gvpls-01.txt as a WG document
for the following reasons :

1 . It  incorporates non-distributed as well as distributed model , very
flexible ,hence can address architectural concerns for wider variety of
vendors who would want to support VPLS.
2. Supports BGP and LDP signaling.
3. Facilitates multi-vendor interoperability.
4. Can support unified provisioning model.

Though some issues ,it provides good text to start discussing as a  WG doc.

thanks,
-Amita

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Rosen" <[email-masked]>
To: "Vasile Radoaca" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Marco Carugi" <[email-masked]>; "'Rick Wilder'"
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 10:33 AM
Subject: Re: progressing docs