Subject: Support for draft-kompella-ppvpn-vpls-01.txt

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 15:06:11 +0200

Hi!

I would like to add my name to the list in favor of the kompella-vpls
draft. The reason for this is this is partly that I like the concept of
having only one protocol for signaling /discovery and partly that I
would like to see further investigation of the BGP versus LDP signaling
approach before rejecting one or the other. As a service provider with a
BGP mesh with RR already deployed, I definitely think that the auto
discovery part of the BGP approach is a very nice feature. 

I would also like to know how inter-AS with the LDP approach in
lasserre-vkompella is to be solved. This could be an important issue for
some service providers that have more than on AS in their networks.
Another question I have is if there exists a breakpoint where one
solution becomes more scalable than the other in respect to the numbers
of PE routers that are involved.

/Andreas

---

From: Eric Rosen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 10:29:22 -0400

Andreas> I would  also like to  know how inter-AS  with the LDP  approach in
Andreas> lasserre-vkompella is to be solved. 

Could you say what the issue is that you think needs to be solved?