Subject: Question regarding inter-AS L2 VPNs

From: "Bharadwaj Kalahasti" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 01:53:19 -0700

Hi,
  If a  L2 VPN needs to be setup with multiple point-to-point
pseudo-wires signalled by LDP, all tunnelled on one RSVP-TE PSN tunnel
and if the pseudo-wire endpoints are in different ASs, can LDP with the
extensions for the pseudo-wire setup be still used? Also, can RSVP-TE
tunnels be inter-AS for this purpose?
Thanks,
Kalahasti

---

From: "Bharadwaj Kalahasti" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 11:10:55 -0700

I am aware that LDP RFC 3036 states that FEC elements are reachable across
AS-boundaries. And the ERO Object in RSVP-TE messages can have sub-object
32 representing the AS#.
But, the L2 VPN Framework document only indicates that the inter-AS L2 VPNs
should be supported as well without specfying the authentication mechanisms
end-to-end. Does security not matter in this case since the VPN is across
SP networks of different carriers? If it does, what do the authors have in
mind for such VPNs?
I appreciate any insights.
Regards,
Kalahasti