Subject: VPNID TLV in vkompella-lasserre draft...

From: "Hamid Ould-Brahim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 14:49:16 -0400

Hi Vach,

I appreciate a clarification on the vkompella-lasserre draft
with respect to VPNID TLV mentioned in the following
text in the draft.

It says:

   "In a VPLS, we use a VCID (to be substituted with a VPNID TLV later, 
   to address extending the scope of a VPLS) to identify an emulated 
   LAN segment."

Do you consider the substituted VPNID TLV mentioned here
as the one included in Generalized ID FEC TLV described in 
draft-ietf-pwe3-control-protocol-02.txt (the AGI field)
or this new TLV represents a *third* option for pseudo-wire 
signaling using LDP? 

In that case, are you planning to include this TLV in 
draft-ietf-pwe3-control-protocol-02.txt as well?

Since in the text it says *substituted*, should we consider
the 32 bits VCID option to be obsoleted in future revised 
versions of the draft?

Thanks.
Hamid.