Subject: PPVPN L3 solution space : TWO-WEEK WG LAST CALL on draft-ietf-ppv pn-rfc2547bis-03.txt and related draft-ietf-ppvpn-as2547-01.txt

From: "Marco Carugi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 00:41:53 +0200

All, 

as anticipated in San Francisco (see WG status slides), we wish to progress
asap some fundamental work in the L3 space.
L3 requirements and L3 framework are currently under a new IESG review and,
hopefully, they will progress soon to Informational RFCs.
The Generic requirements draft update is going to be ready these days and
will be submitted again to IESG review for similar path shortly.

It's finally reasonable to start now progress in the L3 solution space : the
basic VR and 2547 WG drafts have been waiting long time that L3 requirements
and L3 framework make their way to RFC status.  

We are then calling here a TWO-WEEK WG LAST CALL on
draft-ietf-ppvpn-rfc2547bis-03.txt (to standard track). We associate it with
a corresponding two-week WG Last Call on the related Applicability Statement
draft-ietf-ppvpn-as2547-01.txt. 
NOTE : a similar call will be done separately for the basic VR WG draft and
related AS WG draft.
Thanks for your comments on the list. The call will end on Friday May 16th.

Marco and Rick

P.S. Following steps in the L3 space (hopefully soon) will consider the VR
and 2547 related MIBs and the complementary 2547-related solution drafts.  
L2 space : L2 requirements and L2 framework WG drafts will be considered
soon for progress. And, obviously, we will come back ASAP to the list about
expected WG document progress in the solution space.