Subject: ppvpn agenda for IETF 57

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 09:27:26 +0200

All,

the 57th IETF meeting to be held in Vienna is appraoching fast,
it is time to set the agenda for the ppvpn working group. Please
note that there will be two sessions - one on L3VPNs and one on L2VPNs.
Please indicate in which session you want your agenda item to go.
As for the "common documents and items" the wg chairs will distribute
those between the two session as we see fit.

Note that to get a time slot, you MUST have submitted a draft by
the draft deadline (June 30, 9:00AM ET).  Furthermore, these time
slots are for discussing and resolving issues raised on the mailing
list, or for first time drafts, a *very* brief overview of the idea,
why it's relevant, and how it fits into the ppvpn (L3vpn or L2vpn)
charter.

No presentations!

If you request a time slot, please follow up and start an email
discussion on the ppvpn list.

Thanks,
Loa and Rick.

-- 
/Loa

mobile + 46 739 81 21 64
email: [email-masked]

---

From: Pedro Roque Marques <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 10:28:06 -0700 (PDT)

Loa Andersson writes:

> All, the 57th IETF meeting to be held in Vienna is appraoching fast,
> note that there will be two sessions - one on L3VPNs and one on
> L2VPNs.  Please indicate in which session you want your agenda item
> to go.  As for the "common documents and items" the wg chairs will
> distribute those between the two session as we see fit.

Loa,
Would like to give a brief overview of:
	a) draft-marques-ppvpn-rt-constrain-00.txt
	b) draft-marques-ppvpn-ibgp-00.txt

They are both l3vpn topics. rt-constrain is about liting the scope of
distribution of 2547 routes and the ibgp one proposes to have iBGP as
the PE-CE routing protocol mechanism for 2547.

Would appreciate around 20 mins for both topics.

thanks,
  Pedro.

---

From: lidefeng <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 10:18:49 +0800

Hi,Loa,

Would like to give a brief overview of:
a) draft-libin-hierarchy-pe-bgp-mpls-vpn-02.txt
b) draft-sheng-ppvpn-isis-bgp-mpls-00.txt

They are both l3vpn topics. draft-libin-hierarchy-pe-bgp-mpls-vpn-02  is
about the problem of  scalability of PE in 2547VPN and the access to the
different layer BGP/MPLS VPN customer; and
draft-sheng-ppvpn-isis-bgp-mpls-00.txt address the issue of IS-IS as the
PE-CE routing protocol mechanism for 2547.the latter draft will be updated
recently to include the consideration of wide metric situation.

Would appreciate around 20~25 mins for both topics.

TIA

Defeng Li
Huawei Technologies

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 22:35:21 +0200

All,

this is not jumping on this particular request for a time slot, but
to indicate how we will handle a more general "problem". Scheduling
requests for timeslots on the agenda coming in for drafts/issues that
has not been discussed on the mailing list.

The method is "Schedule short and late", with the risk that it will
drop off the end of the agenda, due to more important issues taking
longer time than planned that has been scheduled earlier on the agenda.

Note:

Li has done what is required, notified the list and invited to
discussion. If you think these draft are of interest for the wg and/or
there are issues that needs to be discussed, please bring this to the
mailing list.

Li,

I've noted your request for a timeslot at the Vienna meeting.

Qouting from my earlier mail:

"these time slots are for discussing and resolving issues raised
on the mailing list, or for first time drafts, a *very* brief
overview of the idea,why it's relevant, and how it fits into the
ppvpn (L3vpn or L2vpn) charter."

So far the only mails (that I've seen) that relates to the two drafts
are the notifications you sent to the mailing list. To have the
requested time you need to have discusion on the mailing list, otherwise
this will be scheduled with low priority and very brief (10 min maximum)
at the end of the agenda to be brought up if we have the time.

/Loa

-- 
/Loa

mobile + 46 739 81 21 64
email: [email-masked]