Subject: Consult about draft-behringer-mpls-vpn-auth-02.txt

From: lidefeng <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 17:18:07 +0800

Hi,

In Section 4 Extranet VPN Processing of
draft-behringer-mpls-vpn-auth-02.txt,it states that "There are typically two
types of Extranets that can be defined using the [RFC2547] architecture;
Central Services Extranet and Distributed Extranet."

I can't figure out the scenarios of the two types of Extranets,especially
the topology,Could you please clarify them to me with the illustration of
topology of the two types of Extranets.

Sincerely Yours

Defeng Li
Huawei Technologies
+86-10-82882343
[email-masked]

---

From: "Jim Guichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 14:53:24 -0400

Hi,

(1) Central services extranet is basically a hub site which imports a bunch
of spoke routes but exports "central service" routes that are imported by
the spokes. Typically the spokes do not have direct connectivity, or
connectivity via the hub.

(2) Distributed extranet is basically the import and export of routes
between different VPNs e.g Enterprise x & y import each others routes.

Hope this helps. Jim

> >-----Original Message-----
> >From: lidefeng [mailto:[email-masked]]
> >Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 5:18 AM
> >To: Michael H. Behringer; Jim Guichard; Pedro Roque Marques
> >Cc: [email-masked]
> >Subject: Consult about draft-behringer-mpls-vpn-auth-02.txt
> >
> >
> >Hi,
> >