Subject: Common L2/L3 documents

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 22:04:32 -0700

Folks-

We have several documents on the PPVPN page that we need
to decide which WG to put in.

Currently PPVPN documents:

  draft-ietf-ppvpn-generic-reqts-02.txt                           
    Note: the doc has been to IESG, pending new rev addressing    
          IESG comments                                           
                                                                  
  draft-ietf-ppvpn-bgpvpn-auto-05.txt:                            
    Note: I need to AD-review this document to see if any part    
          of it belongs in IDR. if not, refer to IDR for a review.
                                                                  
  draft-ietf-ppvpn-tc-mib-02.txt

  draft-ietf-ppvpn-applicability-guidelines-01.txt                
    Note: Is this document intended to become an RFC or rather a  
          "living" draft?                                         

My suggestion would be to put them all in L3VPN, since L3 space
is more advanced progress-wise.

FYI, there are also several individual submissions (per Jeremy) that
we may have to deal with later.

 draft-raggarwa-ppvpn-tunnel-encap-sig-00.txt
 draft-chiussi-ppvpn-qos-framework

 Note: I did not list expired IDs.

-- 
Alex
http://www.psg.com/~zinin/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 12:28:28 +0200

>  Note: I did not list expired IDs.

hi all,

indeed please do consider the 'Framework for PPVPN Operation and 
Management' (draft-yacine-ppvpn-mgt-frwk) which will be updated before 
the vienna meeting.

thanks,
yacine

---

From: Junichi Sumimoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 11:27:55 +0900

Hi Alex and all,

>    Note: Is this document intended to become an RFC or rather a  

I hope that this document will become an Informational RFC.

I believe that such a guideline document must be informative 
as a bridge between requirements docs and applicability statements 
docs.

>is more advanced progress-wise.

I fully agree on that.

Thanks,
Junichi.

--------
Junichi Sumimoto
NTT Corporation

E-mail: [email-masked]
Tel: +81 422 59 3293

---

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 10:27:32 -0700

FYI, there's another common draft: draft-fang-ppvpn-security-framework
and I've put it in the L3VPN charter I sent last night.