Subject: [precis] [[email-masked]: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-precis-problem-statement-04.txt]

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 16:57:22 -0500

This is a straightforward keepalive (or in this case, rejuvinate): no
changes.  A proper next release is in process.  

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 13:56:18 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for
	draft-ietf-precis-problem-statement-04.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-precis-problem-statement-04.txt has been successfully submitted by Andrew Sullivan and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-precis-problem-statement
Revision:	 04
Title:		 Stringprep Revision Problem Statement
Creation date:	 2012-01-13
WG ID:		 precis
Number of pages: 18

Abstract:
   Using Unicode codepoints in protocol strings that expect comparison
   with other strings requires preparation of the string that contains
   the Unicode codepoints.  Internationalizing Domain Names in
   Applications (IDNA2003) defined and used Stringprep and Nameprep.
   Other protocols subsequently defined Stringprep profiles.  A new
   approach different from Stringprep and Nameprep is used for a
   revision of IDNA2003 (called IDNA2008).  Other Stringprep profiles
   need to be similarly updated or a replacement of Stringprep needs to
   be designed.  This document outlines the issues to be faced by those
   designing a Stringprep replacement.

The IETF Secretariat

----- End forwarded message -----

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]