Subject: [precis] SpecialCasing

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 21:27:54 -0600

We spent a lot of time today discussing Section 4.3 of
draft-yoneya-precis-mappings, including the possibility of creating an
IANA registry. As I mentioned during the meeting, I really do think that
this section is simply citing a few examples from the SpecialCasing.txt
file in the Unicode character database. I suggest that we make the
connection explicit and just re-use the SpecialCasing rules. They might
not be "complete" in some sense, but they are well-defined and thus
easily used in PRECIS mappings.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: "Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 16:24:14 +0000

After looking at this table, I think it captures precisely the sort of
information that I was trying to describe for the registry.

Therefore, I agree with Peter.

Can we add a reference to section 3.13 of the Unicode Standard to section
4.3 of the draft, please?

On 8/1/12 8:27 PM, "Peter Saint-Andre" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>precis mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/precis
>

-- 
Joe Hildebrand

---

From: Takahiro Nemoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 10:14:42 -0700

Thank you very much for your helpful suggestions.

I read section 3.13 of the Unicode Standard.
I'll reflect comments and update the draft to add a reference 
to the section to section4.3. immediately.

Nemo

--
Takahiro Nemoto
[email-masked]