Subject: [precis] I-D Action: draft-ietf-precis-mappings-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 12:41:31 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Preparation and Comparison of Internationalized Strings Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Mapping characters for precis classes
	Author(s)       : Yoshiro YONEYA
                          Takahiro NEMOTO
	Filename        : draft-ietf-precis-mappings-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2012-12-26

Abstract:
   Preparation and comparison of internationalized strings ("precis")
   framework [I-D.ietf-precis-framework] is defining several classes of
   strings for preparation and comparison.  In the document, case
   mapping is defined because many of protocols handle case sensitive or
   case insensitive string comparison and therefore preparation of
   string is mandatory.  As described in IDNA mapping [RFC5895] and
   precis problem statement [I-D.ietf-precis-problem-statement],
   mappings in internationalized strings are not limited to case, but
   also width, delimiters and/or other specials are taken into
   consideration.  This document is a guideline for authors of protocol
   profiles of precis framework and describes the mappings, that may be
   performed before precis framework, that must be considered between
   receiving user input and passing permitted code points to
   internationalized protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-precis-mappings

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-precis-mappings-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-precis-mappings-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/