Subject: [precis] Last Call: <draft-ietf-precis-7700bis-07.txt> (Preparation, Enforcement, and Comparison of Internationalized Strings Representing Nicknames) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 09:50:10 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Preparation and Comparison of
Internationalized Strings WG (precis) to consider the following
document:
- 'Preparation, Enforcement, and Comparison of Internationalized Strings
   Representing Nicknames'
  <draft-ietf-precis-7700bis-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-06-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes methods for handling Unicode strings
   representing memorable, human-friendly names (called "nicknames",
   "display names", or "petnames") for people, devices, accounts,
   websites, and other entities.  This document obsoletes RFC 7700.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-precis-7700bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-precis-7700bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.