Subject: [precis] RFC 8266 on Preparation, Enforcement, and Comparison of Internationalized Strings Representing Nicknames

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2017 13:54:03 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8266

        Title:      Preparation, Enforcement, and Comparison of 
                    Internationalized Strings Representing Nicknames 
        Author:     P. Saint-Andre
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 27632
        Obsoletes:  RFC 7700

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-precis-7700bis-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8266

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8266

This document describes methods for handling Unicode strings
representing memorable, human-friendly names (called "nicknames",
"display names", or "petnames") for people, devices, accounts,
websites, and other entities.  This document obsoletes RFC 7700.

This document is a product of the Preparation and Comparison of Internationalized Strings Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC