Subject: [PSAMP] Document Action: 'A Framework for Packet Selection and Reporting' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 09:37:46 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'A Framework for Packet Selection and Reporting '
   <draft-ietf-psamp-framework-13.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Packet Sampling Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-psamp-framework-13.txt

Technical Summary
 
   This document specifies a framework for the PSAMP (Packet 
   SAMPling) protocol.  The functions of this protocol are to select 
   packets from a stream according to a set of standardized 
   selectors, to form a stream of reports on the selected packets, 
   and to export the reports to a collector.  This framework details 
   the components of this architecture, then describes some generic 
   requirements, motivated by the dual aims of ubiquitous deployment 
   and utility of the reports for applications.  Detailed 
   requirements for selection, reporting and exporting are 
   described, along with configuration requirements of the PSAMP 
   functions. 

Working Group Summary
 
   There is a solid WG consensus on the content of the draft.
   However, it was discussed controversially whether this document
   should become an informational RFC or a standards track RFC.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   This is a framework document. The protocol is defined in a different 
   document.

_______________________________________________
PSAMP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/psamp