Subject: [PSAMP] FW: Protocol Action: 'Information Model for Packet Sampling Exports' to Proposed Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 00:17:47 +0100

Congratulations to the editors, chair and the whole working group for
achieving this milestone. No less than other seven documents in psamp
and ipfix had dependencies on this I-D!

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of The IESG
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 10:17 PM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: psamp chair; Internet Architecture Board; psamp mailing list; RFC
Editor
Subject: Protocol Action: 'Information Model for Packet Sampling
Exports' to Proposed Standard 

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Information Model for Packet Sampling Exports '
   <draft-ietf-psamp-info-11.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Packet Sampling Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-psamp-info-11.txt

Technical Summary

   This memo defines an information model for the Packet Sampling
   (PSAMP) protocol.  It is used by the PSAMP protocol for encoding
   sampled packet data and information related to the Sampling process.
   As the PSAMP protocol is based on the IPFIX protocol, this
   information model is an extension to the IPFIX information model.

Working Group Summary

   There is consensus in the WG to publish these documents.

Document Quality

   Several of the Information Elements defined in this document have
   already been implemented by academic as well as industrial 
   institutions, but not all of them have been implemented and tested,
   yet.

Personnel

   Juergen Quittek is shepherding this document. Dan Romascanu is the
   responsible Area director. Juergen Quittek will be the principal
   expert for the  selectorAlgorithm registry working with IANA.  

RFC Editor Note

 1. Insert in section 1, after the second paragraph the following
paragraph: 

NEW: 

Although the PSAMP charter specified no requirements for measuring
packet errors (such as drops, malformed, etc.), and this draft does not
cover such data, if there is need for collecting and exporting packet
error information, the appropriate Information Elements can be requested
from IANA, and exported with the PSAMP protocol. 

2. in Section 8.2.4.  samplingTimeInterval
OLD:
   Abstract Data Type:  dateTimeMicroseconds
NEW:
   Abstract Data Type:  unsigned32

3. in Section 8.2.5.  samplingTimeSpace
OLD:
   Abstract Data Type:  dateTimeMicroseconds
NEW:
   Abstract Data Type:  unsigned32

4. in section 8.5.1.  ipHeaderPacketSection
Delete: 
   Data Type Semantics:  quantity

5. in section 8.5.2.  ipPayloadPacketSection
Delete:
   Data Type Semantics:  quantity

6. in section 8.5.3.  mplsLabelStackSection
Delete:
   Data Type Semantics:  quantity

7. in section 8.5.4.  mplsPayloadPacketSection
Delete:
   Data Type Semantics:  quantity

8. in Appendix A.: 
Delete:
   Using XML-based specifications does not currently address possible
   IANA implications associated with XML Namespace URIs.  The use of
   Namespaces as an extension mechanism implies that an IANA registered
   Namespace URI should be available and that directory names below this
   base URI be assigned for relevant IETF specifications.  The authors
   are not aware of this mechanism today.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
_______________________________________________
PSAMP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/psamp