Subject: [PSAMP] FW: [IPFIX] Netflow/IPFIX workshop: information and request for feedback

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 13:36:52 +0200

Also forwarding to psamp. 

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Juergen Schoenwaelder
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 10:12 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [IPFIX] Netflow/IPFIX workshop: information and request for
feedback

Hi,

the following Netflow/IPFIX workshop/meeting proposal was sent to the
Network Management Research Group (NMRG) mailing list on July 31st.  I
like to know whether there is support for such an event form the IPFIX
community. Please drop a note if you plan to contribute so that I can
gauge interest.

If you have questions concerning the scope and organization, please
contact Ramin Sadre. If the question is of general interest, please keep
the NMRG list on CC for now.

/js

----- Forwarded message from Ramin Sadre <[email-masked]> -----

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 17:37:12 +0200
From: Ramin Sadre <[email-masked]>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.16 (Windows/20080708)
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [nmrg] Netflow/IPFIX workshop: information and request for
feedback

Dear list members,

(we apologize for multiple postings)

as already announced some days ago, the EMANICS network of excellence is
currently preparing the
  EMANICS Workshop on Netflow/IPFIX usage in network management
  http://www.simpleweb.org/netflow/
The workshop will take place October 30, at the LRZ Munich, Germany.

We would highly appreciate your feedback and, of course, your
participation. In addition, we kindly ask you to express your opinion on
making the workshop a joint Emanics&IRTF-NMRG event.

We want the workshop to be an opportunity for people to exchange and
discuss their experiences and ideas. To structure the discussions the
workshop will be organized into several discussion topics.
For each discussion topic, there will be short presentations (5-10
minutes) introducing the topic, followed by a discussion round.

Currently, the following topics are planned:
   1.   "What technologies are available to analyze flow data?"
      Presentations:
          * Flow record query languages.
          * Using SQL databases for flow processing.
   2. "What can be expected from distributed analysis techniques?"
      Presentations:
          * A distributed architecture for IP flow analysis.
   3. "Should we have a standard format for the annotation of
Netflow/IPFIX traces?"
      Presentations:
          * Labeling flow traces for intrusion detection evaluation.
   4. "For what kind of applications can Netflow/IPFIX be used?"
      Presentations:
          * Network anomaly characterization using flows.
          * Application level dependency discovery with flows.
          * Management of light paths in optical networks using flows.

The above list is still preliminary and we welcome your contributions
and suggestions.

Regards,
Ramin Sadre

--
!! This message is brought to you via the `nmrg' mailing list.
!! Please do not reply to this message to unsubscribe. To unsubscribe or
adjust !! your settings, send a mail message to
<[email-masked]> !! or look at
https://mail.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/mailman/listinfo/nmrg.

----- End forwarded message -----
_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix
_______________________________________________
PSAMP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/psamp