Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] RACK specifies a slightly larger time threshold (#4114)

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 17:03:02 -0700

This draft already has an informative reference to RACK, so it seems sensible to note the small difference in time threshold.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4114

-- Commit Summary --

  * RACK specifies a slightly larger time threshold

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md (5)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4114.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4114.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4114

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 19:13:40 -0700

@martinthomson approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4114#pullrequestreview-493089732

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 15:23:41 -0700

@janaiyengar commented on this pull request.

> +multiplier, is 9/8, though RACK ({{?RACK=I-D.ietf-tcpm-rack}}) specifies a
+slightly larger threshold, equivalent to 5/4. The RECOMMENDED value of the
+timer granularity (kGranularity) is 1ms.

```suggestion
multiplier, is 9/8. The RECOMMENDED value of the timer granularity
(kGranularity) is 1ms.

Note:

: TCP's RACK ({{?RACK=I-D.ietf-tcpm-rack}}) specifies a slightly larger threshold,
equivalent to 5/4, for a similar purpose. Experience with QUIC shows that 9/8
works well.
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4114#pullrequestreview-493887441

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 15:28:12 -0700

@ianswett pushed 1 commit.

c89bdb9cfcf9987b99f757e84fb2487292ab5e65  Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4114/files/3ca70f9d21b92447729fcf340c94be0c8d547252..c89bdb9cfcf9987b99f757e84fb2487292ab5e65

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 15:32:39 -0700

78d4adb9ae54e202afecb0002581d81053e50785  Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4114/files/c89bdb9cfcf9987b99f757e84fb2487292ab5e65..78d4adb9ae54e202afecb0002581d81053e50785

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 15:34:53 -0700

Merged #4114 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4114#event-3795438913