Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] minor ditorial nits in TLS section 4 (Carrying TLS Messages) (#4156)

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 22:53:20 -0700

You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4156

-- Commit Summary --

  * clarify that discarding Initial keys is not optional
  * fix typo
  * clarify connection ID lengths when talking about ClientHello size

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md (11)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4156.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4156.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4156

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 23:10:13 -0700

@martinthomson commented on this pull request.

This will require rewrapping, which I can do if you prefer.

> @@ -610,9 +610,10 @@ use the Retry feature (see Section 8.1 of {{QUIC-TRANSPORT}}) to only buffer
 partial ClientHello messages from clients with a validated address.
 
 QUIC packet and framing add at least 36 bytes of overhead to the ClientHello
-message.  That overhead increases if the client chooses a connection ID without
-zero length.  Overheads also do not include the token or a connection ID longer
-than 8 bytes, both of which might be required if a server sends a Retry packet.
+message.  That overhead increases if the client chooses a source connection ID
+longer zero byters.  Overheads also do not include the token or a destination

```suggestion
longer than zero bytes.  Overheads also do not include the token or a destination
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4156#pullrequestreview-495245017

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 23:13:48 -0700

@marten-seemann pushed 1 commit.

c47e5bfdafebf589bae7a12dc5bf6ce085189521  clarify connection ID lengths when talking about ClientHello size

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4156/files/a933ed918751a17ee7cb234fb5c57af23cec2e69..c47e5bfdafebf589bae7a12dc5bf6ce085189521

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 23:14:38 -0700

Too fast!  Thanks.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4156#issuecomment-698136752

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 23:14:43 -0700

Merged #4156 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4156#event-3801544716