Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] fix incorrect statement about varint usage (#4131)

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 02:18:18 -0700

Error codes do use varints, but packet numbers (in the header) don&#39;t.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4131

-- Commit Summary --

  * fix incorrect statement about varint usage

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (4)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4131.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4131.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4131

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 02:43:50 -0700

@larseggert commented on this pull request.

> @@ -4280,8 +4280,8 @@ decodes to the decimal value 151288809941952652; the four byte sequence 9d 7f 3e
 7d decodes to 494878333; the two byte sequence 7b bd decodes to 15293; and the
 single byte 25 decodes to 37 (as does the two byte sequence 40 25).
 
-Versions ({{versions}}) and error codes ({{error-codes}}) are described using
-integers, but do not use this encoding.
+Versions ({{versions}}) and packet numbers sent in the header
+({{packet-encoding}})are described using integers, but do not use this encoding.

```suggestion
({{packet-encoding}}) are described using integers, but do not use this encoding.
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4131#pullrequestreview-493290340

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 03:00:07 -0700

@marten-seemann pushed 1 commit.

4164866426daa5642ff6270ae7c40665ace5b5a9  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4131/files/411f81aab886b35138b69e934cdbbb70f537a257..4164866426daa5642ff6270ae7c40665ace5b5a9

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 03:01:16 -0700

@marten-seemann commented on this pull request.

-Versions ({{versions}}) and error codes ({{error-codes}}) are described using
-integers, but do not use this encoding.
+Versions ({{versions}}) and packet numbers sent in the header
+({{packet-encoding}}) are described using integers, but do not use this encoding.

Technically, this also applies to conn ID length fields in the Long Header. Not sure if it’s worth mentioning here. 

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4131#pullrequestreview-493303246

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 05:47:41 -0700

9a064e2e9b96bb4a1afd2e8f510db17d2e9bfca2  fix incorrect statement about varint usage

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4131/files/4164866426daa5642ff6270ae7c40665ace5b5a9..9a064e2e9b96bb4a1afd2e8f510db17d2e9bfca2

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 15:15:18 -0700

Merged #4131 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4131#event-3795390738