Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] minor editorial nits in Section 8 (Address Validation) (#4128)

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 01:48:23 -0700

You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4128

-- Commit Summary --

  * fix order of PATH_CHALLENGE and PATH_RESPONSE
  * point out that NCID can only be sent if the peer&#39;s limit allows it
  * clarify encryption of values in NEW_TOKEN

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (14)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4128.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4128.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4128

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 15:21:14 -0700

@MikeBishop approved this pull request.

 When probing a new path, an endpoint might want to ensure that its peer has an
 unused connection ID available for responses. The endpoint can send
-NEW_CONNECTION_ID and PATH_CHALLENGE frames in the same packet. This ensures
-that an unused connection ID will be available to the peer when sending a
-response.
+NEW_CONNECTION_ID and PATH_CHALLENGE frames in the same packet, if the peer's
+active_connection_id_limit allow so. This ensures that an unused connection ID

```suggestion
active_connection_id_limit permits. This ensures that an unused connection ID
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4128#pullrequestreview-493886247

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 15:33:15 -0700

@janaiyengar pushed 1 commit.

83e2a931e947c1fe2ff8cc003c7a6e3a3f14edeb  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4128/files/2545aa98707cb74e703518e1c908a780f187c655..83e2a931e947c1fe2ff8cc003c7a6e3a3f14edeb

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 15:41:34 -0700

@ianswett commented on this pull request.

This looks largely fine, but now conflicts need to be resolved.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4128#pullrequestreview-493895207

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 15:52:50 -0700

@janaiyengar approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4128#pullrequestreview-493899585

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 15:53:27 -0700

@martinthomson approved this pull request.

 An endpoint uses a new connection ID for probes sent from a new local address;
-see {{migration-linkability}}.  When probing a new path, an endpoint expecting
-responses on the new path needs to ensure that its peer has an unused connection
-ID. Sending NEW_CONNECTION_ID and PATH_CHALLENGE frames in the same packet
-ensures that an unused connection ID will be available to the peer when sending
-a response.
+see {{migration-linkability}}.  When probing a new path, an endpoint needs to

```suggestion
see {{migration-linkability}}.  When probing a new path, an endpoint can
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4128#pullrequestreview-493899805

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 15:54:41 -0700

16f614af9ce9fd025e24a5d8178b24599ca9ee47  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4128/files/bc73697431b12e54e8bcf5e213cf016f06890675..16f614af9ce9fd025e24a5d8178b24599ca9ee47

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 15:57:36 -0700

@ianswett approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4128#pullrequestreview-493901388

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 16:01:54 -0700

Merged #4128 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4128#event-3795498335