Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 8a1cc1: No normative language for connection/stream operat...

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2020 12:52:01 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/master
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 8a1cc17e9b0f20fc50d9186de073df1a66d7c526
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/8a1cc17e9b0f20fc50d9186de073df1a66d7c526
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-22 (Wed, 22 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  No normative language for connection/stream operations

The strong requirements here were wrong.  What is necessary from these
sections is defining operations in QUIC that application protocols can
depend on being present.

Levying the requirement on implementations was incorrect.  As some
application protocols don't use certain QUIC features, it is not
necessary to require implementations to support features if they are not
general purpose.

This rephrases these requirements without normative language, instead
concentrating on what services the application protocol can depend on.
This translates into requirements on implementations, but only via the
application protocols they intend to support.

Closes #3838.

  Commit: d20c03003008831245d566d91e0ace58a22e169d
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/d20c03003008831245d566d91e0ace58a22e169d
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-22 (Wed, 22 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  This will require wrapping :(

Co-authored-by: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>

  Commit: 04986a29157ca72651047eae0afe0c5946204bf9
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/04986a29157ca72651047eae0afe0c5946204bf9
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-22 (Wed, 22 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  wrap

  Commit: 0800bcd40e6e11fc7cf34c75b783283be4725aea
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/0800bcd40e6e11fc7cf34c75b783283be4725aea
  Author: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-09-01 (Tue, 01 Sep 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3935 from quicwg/general-purpose-operations

No normative language for connection/stream operations

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/compare/73a5557bb9da...0800bcd40e6e