Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 5647e5: Fix conflicting error codes

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 14:47:18 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/use-observe
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 5647e5c8f9c1f22c083ab3562e5bc7cf9952292d
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/5647e5c8f9c1f22c083ab3562e5bc7cf9952292d
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-09-10 (Thu, 10 Sep 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Fix conflicting error codes

I guess technically we could have let both of these stand and used the
same error code for both conditions, but that seems unnecessary.  Moving
the AEAD limit seems easier.

Closes #4087.

  Commit: 18abcfa4bce92a3e6b604ed0f9c9d9cc37b87b12
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/18abcfa4bce92a3e6b604ed0f9c9d9cc37b87b12
  Author: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-09-15 (Tue, 15 Sep 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Add tp error

  Commit: a5dbe26d5a9d9970a2fa1a4acb540e19f523f627
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/a5dbe26d5a9d9970a2fa1a4acb540e19f523f627
  Author: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-09-15 (Tue, 15 Sep 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  shrink

  Commit: 6194b65e9eebc79948eebdad02905ea17289b6a6
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/6194b65e9eebc79948eebdad02905ea17289b6a6
  Author: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-09-15 (Tue, 15 Sep 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  don't change MUST semantics

  Commit: 477954b4fd77d074fc46e67d5a664d227f9c6245
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/477954b4fd77d074fc46e67d5a664d227f9c6245
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-09-24 (Thu, 24 Sep 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-invariants.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Reorder invariants

Gorry thought that it might be worth saying what QUIC is first.

I agree.

Tiny tweaks to the intro to allow for the change.  Including a new
title.

Closes #4118.

  Commit: cc7c08023c87ece070cafde520d54af3ac313c24
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/cc7c08023c87ece070cafde520d54af3ac313c24
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-09-24 (Thu, 24 Sep 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Cite actual BCP 38

We can't pull in a citation for a BCP any other way, but this pointer
moved a while ago.

  Commit: fd871c3fd23a11be5bb4bebbb58fe8eeba026cc2
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/fd871c3fd23a11be5bb4bebbb58fe8eeba026cc2
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-09-24 (Thu, 24 Sep 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Validate ECN for up to 3 PTO

I tried to just make a note here saying "if you don't send many packets,
you won't send many packets", but then decided that 3PTO is probably
more sensible.  As it is, 3 RTT is the value that the PTO is initialized
to (validation almost always happens on a new path).  And the loss of a
single packet just doesn't cut it.  Even 3 packets (the first packet,
plus two on PTO, assuming two are sent on PTO) is not that strong, but
at least it isn't insanely tight.

Closes #4132.

  Commit: 89ab7ccc4ca1585e50ede2a18157e630d0512cbb
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/89ab7ccc4ca1585e50ede2a18157e630d0512cbb
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-09-24 (Thu, 24 Sep 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-invariants.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  One more reference that could use a semicolon

  Commit: 91b9f74fe11af380fd83c3be0a40d91b08160c06
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/91b9f74fe11af380fd83c3be0a40d91b08160c06
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-09-24 (Thu, 24 Sep 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #4100 from quicwg/tp-error

Use TP error for invalid TP

  Commit: 45018309b004ccb7bebe1da4b8c3654a77ef3ec1
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/45018309b004ccb7bebe1da4b8c3654a77ef3ec1
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-09-24 (Thu, 24 Sep 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #4088 from quicwg/deconflict-tls-errors

Fix conflicting error codes

  Commit: 4a978cb709614a60a51cfaedec80354b362d2e87
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/4a978cb709614a60a51cfaedec80354b362d2e87
  Author: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-09-24 (Thu, 24 Sep 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #4160 from quicwg/one-shot-ecn

Validate ECN for up to 3 PTO

  Commit: ae0736d2738684e18ecc94edc94b4f6ac5408653
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/ae0736d2738684e18ecc94edc94b4f6ac5408653
  Author: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-09-24 (Thu, 24 Sep 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #4157 from quicwg/bcp38-ref

Cite actual BCP 38

  Commit: 9113bb703b2f9f68026cb930bc78608ea5cbf774
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/9113bb703b2f9f68026cb930bc78608ea5cbf774
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-09-25 (Fri, 25 Sep 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-invariants.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #4152 from quicwg/invariant-intro

Reorder invariants

  Commit: 01e16010835ada03e93e72032e57d5da341da730
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/01e16010835ada03e93e72032e57d5da341da730
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-09-25 (Fri, 25 Sep 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-invariants.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #4161 from quicwg/invariants-semi-ref

One more reference that could use a semicolon

  Commit: c4dea1393acf1bd619d212373e8be1f482fa4eee
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/c4dea1393acf1bd619d212373e8be1f482fa4eee
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-09-25 (Fri, 25 Sep 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-invariants.md
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge branch 'master' into use-observe

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/compare/cb4b21112681...c4dea1393acf