Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] multiple editorial nits in Section 7 (Cryptographic and Transport Handshake) (#4113)

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 07:47:47 -0700

You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4113

-- Commit Summary --

  * remove superfluous paragraph repeating TP validation
  * fix incomprehensible sentence about rejecting 0-RTT
  * only require storing of TPs that can be processed

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (17)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4113.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4113.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4113

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 19:05:33 -0700

@martinthomson approved this pull request.

Thanks.  Some grammar nits, but this is good.

> @@ -1784,10 +1780,11 @@ server's new values in the handshake instead; if the server does not provide new
 values, the default value is used.
 
 A client that attempts to send 0-RTT data MUST remember all other transport
-parameters used by the server. The server can remember these transport
-parameters, or store an integrity-protected copy of the values in the ticket
-and recover the information when accepting 0-RTT data. A server uses the
-transport parameters in determining whether to accept 0-RTT data.
+parameters used by the server which it is able to process. The server can

```suggestion
parameters used by the server that it is able to process. The server can
```

> @@ -1818,8 +1815,8 @@ connection. Specifically, lowering the max_udp_payload_size could result in
 dropped packets leading to worse performance compared to rejecting 0-RTT data
 outright.
 
-A server MUST either reject 0-RTT data or abort a handshake if the implied
-values for transport parameters cannot be supported.
+A server MUST either reject 0-RTT data if the restored values for transport

```suggestion
A server MUST reject 0-RTT data if the restored values for transport
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4113#pullrequestreview-493087699

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 19:39:34 -0700

@marten-seemann pushed 1 commit.

07832a07ef338699a7960b205e68b329e8caba17  apply @martinthomson's suggestions

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4113/files/24740541ea891a1ee8f1e3c10dd8ccf6fc04cf47..07832a07ef338699a7960b205e68b329e8caba17

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 15:16:09 -0700

Merged #4113 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4113#event-3795392868