Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] fb6470: Pseudocode for persistent congestion is too hard

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2020 19:06:45 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/no-pc-pseudocode
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: fb64708249f8e089121082ba0de6e4cd0c6648c1
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/fb64708249f8e089121082ba0de6e4cd0c6648c1
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-09-02 (Wed, 02 Sep 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Pseudocode for persistent congestion is too hard

This removes that function, relying instead on comments and the
definition in text (which people have noted is now very clear).

I have also reset a couple of extra variables in this case.  It is
important to catch all of these because if you don't you get poor
outcomes.

The only question I have is regarding bytes in flight.  I think that we
need to keep tracking those bytes, or the overall accounting gets messy.
That is what our implementation does anyway.

Closes #4010.
Closes #3972.