Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (#4149)

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 10:00:15 -0700

Proposal to clarify &quot;stream fragmentation&quot;. Suggested by Issue #4143.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4149

-- Commit Summary --

  * Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (7)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4149.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4149.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4149

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 18:01:15 -0700

@janaiyengar pushed 1 commit.

2e2378426dae0c78d3505e3e0b4ca599e1dc7a7f  formatting

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4149/files/c571ed1433345de41b9cf0a0fc150edefa80f667..2e2378426dae0c78d3505e3e0b4ca599e1dc7a7f

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 18:03:07 -0700

@janaiyengar requested changes on this pull request.

The first part is fine, I don't think the IP fragmentation bit is useful.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4149#pullrequestreview-495152891

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 18:04:55 -0700

@martinthomson commented on this pull request.

> +An adversarial sender might intentionally omit to send portions of the stream
+data, causing the receiver to commit resources for the omitted data. This could

```suggestion
An adversarial sender might intentionally omit portions of the stream data it
sends, causing the receiver to commit resources for the omitted data. This could
```

> +Note that stream fragmentation is unrelated to IP fragmentation.
+

```suggestion
```

I agree with Jana about this bit.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4149#pullrequestreview-495153301

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 18:08:14 -0700

@ianswett commented on this pull request.

+data, causing the receiver to commit resources for the omitted data. This could
+cause a disproportionate receive buffer memory commitment and/or the creation of
+a large and inefficient data structure at the receiver.

```suggestion
An adversarial sender might intentionally not send portions of the stream data,
causing the receiver to commit resources for the unsent data. This could
cause a disproportionate receive buffer memory commitment and/or the creation of
a large and inefficient data structure at the receiver.
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4149#pullrequestreview-495154277

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 18:21:57 -0700

That suggestion works for me, though I think that omit is a good word fit.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4149#discussion_r493985325

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 15:28:35 -0700

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

ace13896f08da46b5d76ee5c6bc43c5605da5b50  Let's not use omit

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4149/files/2e2378426dae0c78d3505e3e0b4ca599e1dc7a7f..ace13896f08da46b5d76ee5c6bc43c5605da5b50

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 15:31:39 -0700

@ianswett approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4149#pullrequestreview-495994386

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 15:36:59 -0700

@janaiyengar approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4149#pullrequestreview-495996512

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 15:38:08 -0700

Merged #4149 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4149#event-3805331870