Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] [qpack] remove nameIndex from pseudocode (#4081)

From: afrind <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2020 15:28:44 -0700

It was split to dynamicNameIndex and staticNameIndex earlier but was still used.

Fixes: #4067
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4081

-- Commit Summary --

  * [qpack] remove nameIndex from pseudocode

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-qpack.md (14)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4081.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4081.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4081

---

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2020 15:32:59 -0700

@LPardue commented on this pull request.

> @@ -1579,13 +1579,15 @@ for line in field_lines:
 
   if dynamicIndex is None:
     # Could not index it, literal
-    if nameIndex is None or isStaticName:
-      # Encodes a literal with a static name or literal name
-      encodeLiteral(streamBuffer, nameIndex, line)
-    else:
+    if dynamicNameIndex is not None:
       # encode literal with dynamic name, possibly above base

```suggestion
      # Encode literal with dynamic name, possibly above base
```
consistency change while we're here

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4081#pullrequestreview-484535003

---

From: afrind <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2020 22:34:00 +0000 (UTC)

@afrind pushed 1 commit.

1818acd20da0adbf5c2792cd85239faa05cd881c  Consistency change from lucasp

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4081/files/d7fc91a5a86c845da0a80732e8ac69f0e8da7f26..1818acd20da0adbf5c2792cd85239faa05cd881c

---

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2020 15:37:10 -0700

@LPardue approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4081#pullrequestreview-484536656

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2020 15:57:59 -0700

@martinthomson approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4081#pullrequestreview-484549183

---

From: mjoras <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2020 16:29:08 -0700

@mjoras approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4081#pullrequestreview-484560063

---

From: afrind <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2020 16:43:06 -0700

Merged #4081 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4081#event-3743227672