Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Validate ECN for up to 3 PTO (#4160)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 23:43:18 -0700

I tried to just make a note here saying &quot;if you don&#39;t send many packets,
you won&#39;t send many packets&quot;, but then decided that 3PTO is probably
more sensible.  As it is, 3 RTT is the value that the PTO is initialized
to (validation almost always happens on a new path).  And the loss of a
single packet just doesn&#39;t cut it.  Even 3 packets (the first packet,
plus two on PTO, assuming two are sent on PTO) is not that strong, but
at least it isn&#39;t insanely tight.

Closes #4132.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4160

-- Commit Summary --

  * Validate ECN for up to 3 PTO

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (10)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4160.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4160.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4160

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 06:20:28 -0700

@ianswett approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4160#pullrequestreview-495561404

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 06:21:00 -0700

We use 3*PTO everywhere else, so suggesting it here makes sense to me.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4160#pullrequestreview-495561910

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 14:35:23 -0700

@janaiyengar commented on this pull request.

Makes sense to me. I'd call this editorial.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4160#pullrequestreview-495967788

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 14:35:37 -0700

@janaiyengar approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4160#pullrequestreview-495967902

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 14:37:56 -0700

Merged #4160 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4160#event-3805181286