Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (#4148)

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 09:25:18 -0700

Changes to explain Padding == PADDING Frame
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4148

-- Commit Summary --

  * Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (10)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4148.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4148.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4148

---

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 09:31:40 -0700

@gorryfair pushed 1 commit.

79168c7d49198cd3d10426fd36710979d5e95cae  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4148/files/a410cdbc6130d035891a8fe6fc36a23ced99a0bb..79168c7d49198cd3d10426fd36710979d5e95cae

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 17:53:53 -0700

@janaiyengar pushed 1 commit.

faddb712834bb41d0ce9af24abc7fdfcba85c3ed  some editorializing

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4148/files/79168c7d49198cd3d10426fd36710979d5e95cae..faddb712834bb41d0ce9af24abc7fdfcba85c3ed

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 17:55:33 -0700

@janaiyengar approved this pull request.

I've done a bit of editorializing, and this LGTM. @martinthomson should take a look.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4148#pullrequestreview-495150715

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 18:01:07 -0700

@martinthomson approved this pull request.

The commas for parentheticals got a little awkward there.  Otherwise, this is a good change.

> +of a connection ID. To achieve that end, the endpoint SHOULD, adding PADDING
+frames as necessary, ensure that all packets it sends are at least 22 bytes
+longer than the minimum connection ID length that it requests the peer to
+include in its packets.  This ensures that any stateless reset sent by the peer

```suggestion
of a connection ID. To achieve that end, the endpoint SHOULD ensure that all
packets it sends are at least 22 bytes longer than the minimum connection ID
length that it requests the peer to include in its packets, adding PADDING
frames as necessary.  This ensures that any stateless reset sent by the peer
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4148#pullrequestreview-495152169

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 18:14:34 -0700

@ianswett commented on this pull request.

> +payloads of at least 1200 bytes, adding PADDING frames to QUIC packets in the
+datagram as necessary. A client that sends padded datagrams allows the server to

```suggestion
payloads of at least 1200 bytes, adding PADDING frames as necessary.
A client that sends padded datagrams allows the server to
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4148#pullrequestreview-495156031

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 18:54:49 -0700

81e2cca075bf61bc8c7f0695599a28103f881d55  Apply suggestions from code review

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4148/files/faddb712834bb41d0ce9af24abc7fdfcba85c3ed..81e2cca075bf61bc8c7f0695599a28103f881d55

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 20:38:02 -0700

Merged #4148 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4148#event-3801221877

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 20:38:18 -0700

Thanks again Gorry.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4148#issuecomment-698091690