Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] fd871c: Validate ECN for up to 3 PTO

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 14:37:45 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/master
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: fd871c3fd23a11be5bb4bebbb58fe8eeba026cc2
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/fd871c3fd23a11be5bb4bebbb58fe8eeba026cc2
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-09-24 (Thu, 24 Sep 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Validate ECN for up to 3 PTO

I tried to just make a note here saying "if you don't send many packets,
you won't send many packets", but then decided that 3PTO is probably
more sensible.  As it is, 3 RTT is the value that the PTO is initialized
to (validation almost always happens on a new path).  And the loss of a
single packet just doesn't cut it.  Even 3 packets (the first packet,
plus two on PTO, assuming two are sent on PTO) is not that strong, but
at least it isn't insanely tight.

Closes #4132.

  Commit: 4a978cb709614a60a51cfaedec80354b362d2e87
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/4a978cb709614a60a51cfaedec80354b362d2e87
  Author: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-09-24 (Thu, 24 Sep 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #4160 from quicwg/one-shot-ecn

Validate ECN for up to 3 PTO

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/compare/45018309b004...4a978cb70961