Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Editorial pass, part 1 (#4116)

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 00:23:12 -0700

Minor nits and changes.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4116

-- Commit Summary --

  * Editorial pass up through section 4

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (113)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4116.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4116.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4116

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 15:45:26 -0700

@martinthomson approved this pull request.

A few nits and quibbles, but that is where we are.

> @@ -128,12 +128,12 @@ QUIC establishes a connection, which is a stateful interaction between a client
 and server. The primary purpose of a connection is to support the structured
 exchange of data by an application protocol.
 
-Streams are means by which an application protocol exchanges information.
-Streams are ordered sequences of bytes. Two types of stream can be created:
-bidirectional streams, which allow both endpoints to send data; and
-unidirectional streams, which allow a single endpoint to send. A credit-based
-scheme is used to limit stream creation and to bound the amount of data that
-can be sent.
+Within a connection, streams are the means by which an application protocol

I don't like this change much.

> @@ -425,7 +425,7 @@ by the application to determine how to allocate resources to active streams.
 
 This document does not define an API for QUIC, but instead defines a set of
 functions on streams that application protocols can rely upon.  An application
-protocol can assume that an implementation of QUIC provides an interface that
+protocol can assume that an QUIC implementation provides an interface that

```suggestion
protocol can assume that a QUIC implementation provides an interface that
```

> +cryptographic protocol implementation to communicate its buffering limits to the
+QUIC implementation.

```suggestion
cryptographic protocol implementation to communicate its buffering limits.
```

> +As with stream and connection flow control, this document leaves to
+implementations the decisions of when and how many streams should be advertised

```suggestion
As with stream and connection flow control, this document leaves implementations
to decide when and how many streams should be advertised
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4116#pullrequestreview-493887165

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 15:57:34 -0700

@janaiyengar commented on this pull request.

The paragraph above talks about connection, and the following paragraph talks about setting one up. Streams are brought up here first but their relationship to connections is not clear, even after reading this paragraph. I wanted some glue.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4116#discussion_r493078867

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 15:58:02 -0700

@janaiyengar pushed 1 commit.

1d229381f8b49d4ea8d6c62c074ccdc19141ca00  Apply suggestions from code review

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4116/files/a9b3381647dc0675c39a1f44b22479b670f62a9b..1d229381f8b49d4ea8d6c62c074ccdc19141ca00

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 16:03:59 -0700

6c7bd123c8ca19f19d2b5911651226bd87164e7b  mt's comment

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4116/files/1d229381f8b49d4ea8d6c62c074ccdc19141ca00..6c7bd123c8ca19f19d2b5911651226bd87164e7b

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 16:06:15 -0700

@ianswett commented on this pull request.

> +Within a connection, streams are the means by which an application protocol
+exchanges information.  Streams are ordered sequences of bytes. Two types of

```suggestion
Application protocols exchange information over a QUIC connection via streams, which
are ordered sequences of bytes. Two types of
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4116#pullrequestreview-493904719

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 16:20:23 -0700

918c2f170cb089ae7608b7a75a59b50d2fbd3e5e  ian suggestion

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4116/files/6c7bd123c8ca19f19d2b5911651226bd87164e7b..918c2f170cb089ae7608b7a75a59b50d2fbd3e5e

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 16:40:12 -0700

@janaiyengar pushed 4 commits.

69349b09325839230b5f84007badb753863d829e  Editorial pass up through section 4
8c935ab04ff27948948b77a5a08a0c98cdc2a7de  Apply suggestions from code review
a4d0a3b35ec235d793b6cd7739f732768d98836a  mt's comment
d3f47fefdf298942f35615ec28e60b51a819df46  ian suggestion

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4116/files/918c2f170cb089ae7608b7a75a59b50d2fbd3e5e..d3f47fefdf298942f35615ec28e60b51a819df46

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 16:46:08 -0700

Merged #4116 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4116#event-3800787314