Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Barry Leiba's Transport Comment 2 (#4559)

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 20:22:50 -0800

Barry Leiba said:

> — Section 9.6.2 —
>    It SHOULD drop packets
>    for this connection received on the old IP address, but MAY continue
>    to process delayed packets.
> 
> Do as you think best with cases such as these, but for my part, I dislike the
> “SHOULD... but MAY” formulation, as I find it contradictory when it’s read
> strictly.  In general, I prefer to simply avoid the BCP 14 key word for the
> second part (“SHOULD do x, but may make other choices”).  In both cases here,
> I’d probably just leave off the second part, as it doesn’t seem to add
> anything.  At the least, I encourage making it “may” (or “can”).  But again, as
> you think best.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4559

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 16:05:28 -0800

The other reference was:

    — Section 3.5 —
    An endpoint SHOULD copy the error code from the STOP_SENDING frame to
    the RESET_STREAM frame it sends, but MAY use any application error
    code.

I'm OK with changing to "can".

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4559#issuecomment-755787988

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 19:23:23 -0800

I don't think we need to do this; I've suggested changes on the PR.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4559#issuecomment-755857691

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 21:37:53 -0800

Closed #4559 via #4602.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4559#event-4178266127