Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Server processing packets on IP change: editorial (#4682)

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 21:41:30 -0800

Follow up to #4602.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4682

-- Commit Summary --

  * Server processing packets on IP change: editorial

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (5)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4682.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4682.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4682

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 21:42:11 -0800

@martinthomson approved this pull request.

Much more precise, thanks.

> @@ -2700,8 +2700,9 @@ This helps to guard against spurious migration initiated by an attacker.
 Once the server has completed its path validation and has received a non-probing
 packet with a new largest packet number on its preferred address, the server
 begins sending non-probing packets to the client exclusively from its preferred
-IP address.  It SHOULD drop packets for this connection received on the old IP
-address, but can continue to process delayed packets.
+IP address. The server SHOULD drop newer packets for this connection that are
+received on the old IP address. The server MAY continue to process older delayed

```suggestion
received on the old IP address. The server MAY continue to process delayed
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4682#pullrequestreview-563223033

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 21:42:43 -0800

@janaiyengar pushed 1 commit.

638ec1f59d557304af940ed9bf110f19d0f18ffc  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4682/files/10473d6ef962bdfb699223cebb6c5405eb3be3f4..638ec1f59d557304af940ed9bf110f19d0f18ffc

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 21:43:53 -0800

Merged #4682 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4682#event-4178280339