Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Two small tweaks to connection IDs (#4727)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 19:29:34 -0800

The value the client puts in the Destination Connection ID field is not
random, but unpredictable.  But we could be clearer and just say what
this refers to.

The second error here was that the server can&#39;t use the value it puts in
Retry.  Rather than talk about retaining the values, I&#39;m striking that
clause.

Closes #4677.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4727

-- Commit Summary --

  * Two small tweaks to connection IDs

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (7)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4727.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4727.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4727

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 23:41:19 -0800

@janaiyengar approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4727#pullrequestreview-566003595

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 23:41:25 -0800

Merged #4727 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4727#event-4194439992