Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Use `L` to represent any type of length (#4599)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 14:40:18 -0800

As suggested by Éric.

Closes #4540.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4599

-- Commit Summary --

  * Use `L` to represent any type of length

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-invariants.md (6)
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (16)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4599.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4599.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4599

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 18:49:02 -0800

@janaiyengar approved this pull request.

a couple of nits

> @@ -137,12 +137,12 @@ x (A..B):
   a minimum of zero bits and B can be omitted to indicate no set upper limit;
   values in this format always end on an byte boundary
 
-x (?) = C:
+x (L) = C:
 : Indicates that x has a fixed value of C

```suggestion
: Indicates that x, with a length described by L, has a fixed value of C
```

> @@ -137,12 +137,12 @@ x (A..B):
   a minimum of zero bits and B can be omitted to indicate no set upper limit;
   values in this format always end on an byte boundary
 
-x (?) = C:
+x (L) = C:
 : Indicates that x has a fixed value of C

Also change the `x (A)` definition above to be `x (L)`

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4599#pullrequestreview-563176467

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 21:33:40 -0800

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

469bdc20f28c169fb291c483c94ceb874d4ac10c  length too

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4599/files/0f170f0dcb826604415e8f79f842902083ca7c7e..469bdc20f28c169fb291c483c94ceb874d4ac10c

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 22:27:08 -0800

Merged #4599 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4599#event-4178387998