Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Ben Kaduk's Transport Comment 20 (#4631)

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 17:51:58 -0800

@kaduk said:

> Section 10.2.1
>
> > An endpoint's selected connection ID and the QUIC version are
> > sufficient information to identify packets for a closing connection;
> > the endpoint MAY discard all other connection state.  [...]
>
> Are the packet protection keys for outgoing traffic (or the literal
> CONNECTION_CLOSE packet contents) not considered part of "connection
> state"?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4631

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 20:48:03 -0800

I believe that this point is adequately addressed in the paragraph that follows.  While we have generally tried to ensure that every sentence can be read out of context, this is not a case that I believe needs to be fixed in that way.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4631#issuecomment-755881366

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 00:02:59 -0800

I read this as "close with no action".

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4631#issuecomment-758480395

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 01:45:35 -0800

Closed #4631.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4631#event-4194938791