Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] min_rtt is not over entire connection (#4724)

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 18:31:22 -0800

Closes #4708.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4724

-- Commit Summary --

  * min_rtt is not over entire connection

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md (8)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4724.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4724.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4724

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 19:05:58 -0800

@martinthomson approved this pull request.

The natural question that follows will be "which period of time", but I think that is [adequately answered](https://quicwg.org/base-drafts/draft-ietf-quic-recovery.html#section-5.2-6) already.

> @@ -271,7 +271,7 @@ when it is acknowledged as a round-trip time (RTT) sample.  The endpoint uses
 RTT samples and peer-reported host delays (see Section 13.2 of
 {{QUIC-TRANSPORT}}) to generate a statistical description of the network
 path's RTT. An endpoint computes the following three values for each path:
-the minimum value observed over the lifetime of the path (min_rtt), an
+the minimum value over a period of time  (min_rtt), an

```suggestion
the minimum value over a period of time (min_rtt), an
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4724#pullrequestreview-565904065

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 19:29:10 -0800

@janaiyengar pushed 1 commit.

4ef9ba61235715d8f238db0ebf27aac8acd59d6e  Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4724/files/7dff06c70e5700e691613f90d880471cbd86c91c..4ef9ba61235715d8f238db0ebf27aac8acd59d6e

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 08:34:19 -0800

@ianswett approved this pull request.

Thanks, LG

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4724#pullrequestreview-566455100

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 16:12:44 -0800

Merged #4724 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4724#event-4198716230