Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Explain why multiple connection IDs (#4586)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 02:16:08 -0800

Closes #4528.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4586

-- Commit Summary --

  * Explain why multiple connection IDs

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (4)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4586.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4586.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4586

---

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 04:23:46 -0800

@DavidSchinazi approved this pull request.

> +be identified as being for the same connection without cooperation from an
+endpoint; see {{migration-linkability}}.

```suggestion
be identified as being for the same connection without cooperation from their
peer; see {{migration-linkability}}.
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4586#pullrequestreview-562669779

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 16:36:35 -0800

@martinthomson commented on this pull request.

This is talking about any entity doing the linking, and either endpoint in the connection can provide them with the ability to correlate packets for the same connection.  What I proposed is, I believe, correct.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4586#discussion_r553041115

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 22:03:15 -0800

@janaiyengar commented on this pull request.

```suggestion
be identified by an observer as being for the same connection without
cooperation from an endpoint; see {{migration-linkability}}.
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4586#pullrequestreview-563229879

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 22:04:04 -0800

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

f197295de0ac31e8d9e8a7e5dffb77eb1742bef6  by whom

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4586/files/109ecc3dd93d939b41d144b869bfb1ae4ac3f71d..f197295de0ac31e8d9e8a7e5dffb77eb1742bef6

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 22:10:34 -0800

Merged #4586 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4586#event-4178346867