Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Ben Kaduk's TLS Discuss 2 (#4476)

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 18:45:11 -0800

@kaduk said:

> (2) Let's check whether the quic_transport_parameters TLS extension
> should be marked as Recommended or not.  The document currently says
> "Yes", and the live registry say 'N'.  That said, the earliest mention I
> can see of using 'N' in the archives is in
> https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/tls-reg-review/z8MOW0bYNP2KIj4XcCXBe2IOKfI/
> which seems to just be stating what IANA did when they changed what
> codepoint (since there were issues with the initially selected value
> '46') and not a reasoned decision.
> 
> The perhaps haphazard nature of that change notwithstanding, in my
> opinion the 'N' actually is correct, since the extension is not
> appropriate for general use *of TLS* (indeed, we require that TLS
> implementations that support this document abort the connection if it is
> used for non-QUIC connections).

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4476

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 19:58:06 -0800

Response provided via email.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4476#issuecomment-755062386

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 21:00:25 -0800

Resolved via email.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4476#issuecomment-758401816

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 21:00:25 -0800

Closed #4476.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4476#event-4193994610