Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Reason phrase might be incomprehensible (#4722)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 18:44:26 -0800

Though we recommend the use of text in UTF-8, we don&#39;t provide all of
the machinery necessary for true internationalization, like multiple
translations and all that mess.  Be very explicit about that.

(This is a recurring problem; we had the same problem with HTTP/2 and it
might be worth updating BCP 18 for this.)

Closes #4647.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4722

-- Commit Summary --

  * Reason phrase might be incomprehensible

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (8)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4722.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4722.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4722

---

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 18:52:25 -0800

@LPardue approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4722#pullrequestreview-564977279

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 21:24:53 -0800

@marten-seemann approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4722#pullrequestreview-565075750

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 21:32:43 -0800

@janaiyengar approved this pull request.

I think this is much clearer. Also, I might argue that it doesn't need to be human-readable, since there is no expectation here about how this information is to be consumed.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4722#pullrequestreview-565077493

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 21:35:32 -0800

Merged #4722 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4722#event-4189003771