Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 9d9dcb: Tidy up "sending version negotiation packets"

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 18:56:14 -0800

Branch: refs/heads/master
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 9d9dcb5da97a505aa6ab324e52484206c403bbe6
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/9d9dcb5da97a505aa6ab324e52484206c403bbe6
  Author: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2021-01-07 (Thu, 07 Jan 2021)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Tidy up "sending version negotiation packets"

There was a sentence in this section that seems to be specifying
how to handle a version negotiation packet, not how to send one,
and as such is out of place.

  Commit: a3039ffb8d483125c765449ef7d215131e258e2c
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/a3039ffb8d483125c765449ef7d215131e258e2c
  Author: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2021-01-07 (Thu, 07 Jan 2021)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Future-proof how we cover Version Negotiation

Attempt to more accurately reflect the expectations of the WG for
how version negotiation will be defined and what endpoint behavior
should be in the absence of a version negotiation mechanism.
In particular, this work is to be done by the IETF, not by arbitrary
future versions of QUIC, so we retain control over how it will be
developed and deployed.

Also accommodate the possibility of new versions of QUIC appearing
before version negotiation is defined.

Fixes: #4607

  Commit: 1f5340d4eabc2a40ec10ed879a87ac3712e5c450
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/1f5340d4eabc2a40ec10ed879a87ac3712e5c450
  Author: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2021-01-08 (Fri, 08 Jan 2021)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Revert "Tidy up "sending version negotiation packets""

This reverts commit 9d9dcb5da97a505aa6ab324e52484206c403bbe6.
It's not appropriate for this branch.

  Commit: 5a501af1b3abe9d19aed0d7318a81b33d86139d7
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/5a501af1b3abe9d19aed0d7318a81b33d86139d7
  Author: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2021-01-08 (Fri, 08 Jan 2021)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Remove over-zealous forward-looking statement

  Commit: d2946d832fe5e1c641b72ab2965a8c7136ca37b3
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/d2946d832fe5e1c641b72ab2965a8c7136ca37b3
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2021-01-11 (Mon, 11 Jan 2021)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  VN is just for a connection

Co-authored-by: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>

  Commit: dfa33c905c520e9d7126b6b7c93c25b179a3e475
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/dfa33c905c520e9d7126b6b7c93c25b179a3e475
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2021-01-11 (Mon, 11 Jan 2021)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #4697 from kaduk/version-nego

Update discussion of Version Negotiation

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/compare/43b2f3ab90ad...dfa33c905c52