Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] The subject is the packet (#4600)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 14:43:54 -0800

Closes #4542.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4600

-- Commit Summary --

  * The subject is the packet

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (11)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4600.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4600.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4600

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 18:50:54 -0800

@janaiyengar commented on this pull request.

> @@ -1281,11 +1281,12 @@ selected, it MUST discard that packet.
 
 ### Server Packet Handling {#server-pkt-handling}
 
-If a server receives a packet that indicates an unsupported version but is large
-enough to initiate a new connection for any supported version, the server
-SHOULD send a Version Negotiation packet as described in {{send-vn}}.  A server
-MAY limit the number of packets to which it responds with a Version Negotiation
-packet.  Servers MUST drop smaller packets that specify unsupported versions.
+If a server receives a packet that indicates an unsupported version but the

```suggestion
If a server receives a packet that indicates an unsupported version and if the
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4600#pullrequestreview-563177565

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 19:25:00 -0800

@marten-seemann approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4600#pullrequestreview-563187147

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 21:34:31 -0800

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

73a5be416179ae35151d630da395b5a42405ad40  and if

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4600/files/c343b597bcb572803dfff376c68855848221ded0..73a5be416179ae35151d630da395b5a42405ad40

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 22:29:40 -0800

Merged #4600 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4600#event-4178393954