Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Ben Kaduk's TLS Comment 19 (#4495)

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 18:57:34 -0800

@kaduk said:

> Section 5.7
> 
>    The requirement for the server to wait for the client Finished
>    message creates a dependency on that message being delivered.  A
>    client can avoid the potential for head-of-line blocking that this
>    implies by sending its 1-RTT packets coalesced with a Handshake
>    packet containing a copy of the CRYPTO frame that carries the
>    Finished message, until one of the Handshake packets is acknowledged.
>    This enables immediate server processing for those packets.
> 
> This mostly only helps for unauthenticated clients, since for
> authenticated clients the Finishsed isn't much good without the
> Certificate+CertificateVerify, which are probably too big to include
> with every packet.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4495

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 22:13:43 -0800

This is true, but I don't think that it needs to be said.

My proposal is to do nothing.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4495#issuecomment-755105141

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 21:01:11 -0800

Closed #4495.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4495#event-4193996489