Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Éric Vyncke's HTTP/3 Comments (#4762)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 14:04:43 -0800

Address multiple editorial comments.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4762

-- Commit Summary --

  * Fixes #4751
  * Import implicit closure from -transport; fixes #4755
  * Split out subordinate phrases; fixes #4758

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md (22)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4762.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4762.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4762

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 15:15:12 -0800

@MikeBishop pushed 1 commit.

40aac0cabceaf94abe0d0a26a64c1231464945cf  Reverse 1.x/1.1 polarity

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4762/files/56c0a0eb545e9eaf89f18e907fdcc78bc08efe29..40aac0cabceaf94abe0d0a26a64c1231464945cf

---

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 15:23:17 -0800

@LPardue commented on this pull request.

> +If there are open streams that have not been explicitly closed, they are
+implicitly closed when the connection is closed.

I appreciate keeping this high level, but I wonder if there's some subtley to stream and connection closure. For instance, https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-quic-transport-34#section-10.2 says something like

```
   A CONNECTION_CLOSE frame
   causes all streams to immediately become closed; open streams can be
   assumed to be implicitly reset.

   After sending a CONNECTION_CLOSE frame, an endpoint immediately
   enters the closing state
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4762#pullrequestreview-571748328

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 15:24:25 -0800

@martinthomson commented on this pull request.

Isn't that entirely consistent?

```suggestion
If there are open streams that have not been explicitly closed, they are
implicitly closed when the connection is closed; see Section 10.2 of
{{QUIC-TRANSPORT}}.
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4762#discussion_r560567418

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 08:53:51 -0800

4204a9ca740439017e7edfd46943fb34bd6cc9e2  Ref transport

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4762/files/40aac0cabceaf94abe0d0a26a64c1231464945cf..4204a9ca740439017e7edfd46943fb34bd6cc9e2

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 08:55:54 -0800

b7e014ef425eba4c8c5a8a534e6f438505852913  TLS isn't a transport

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4762/files/4204a9ca740439017e7edfd46943fb34bd6cc9e2..b7e014ef425eba4c8c5a8a534e6f438505852913

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 08:57:04 -0800

Merged #4762 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4762#event-4239502315