Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Use the term content instead of payload data for the message octet stream (#4698)

From: "Roy T. Fielding" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2021 15:45:06 -0800

… avoiding confusion with individual frame payloads (editorial).

This is related to the Semantics issue https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/654
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4698

-- Commit Summary --

  * Use the term content instead of payload data for the message octet stream, avoiding confusion with individual fram payloads

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md (22)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4698.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4698.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4698

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 18:21:35 -0800

@janaiyengar approved this pull request.

one suggestion

> @@ -723,12 +723,12 @@ frames but is invalid due to:
 - the inclusion of uppercase field names, or
 - the inclusion of invalid characters in field names or values.
 
-A request or response that includes payload data can include a
-Content-Length header field.  A request or response is also malformed if the
-value of a Content-Length header field does not equal the sum of the DATA frame
-lengths that form the payload data.  A response that is defined to have no
-payload, as described in Section 6.4 of {{!SEMANTICS}}, can have a non-zero
-Content-Length field, even though no content is included in DATA frames.
+A request or response that is defined as having content when it contains a
+Content-Length header field, as described in Section 6.4.1 of {{!SEMANTICS}},

```suggestion
Content-Length header field (Section 6.4.1 of {{!SEMANTICS}}),
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4698#pullrequestreview-564931408

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 18:36:40 -0800

@martinthomson approved this pull request.

With or without @janaiyengar's suggestion.  I need to do the same for h2, so it is good to see this.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4698#pullrequestreview-564954595

---

From: afrind <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 16:11:27 -0800

@afrind approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4698#pullrequestreview-566801660

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 16:12:41 -0800

@MikeBishop pushed 1 commit.

6ec7b3394b41ef079399c5cc726798fe206cd9cb  Update draft-ietf-quic-http.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4698/files/b6e931218858f9f5d29e362e1410612f2d6d0cfe..6ec7b3394b41ef079399c5cc726798fe206cd9cb

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 16:12:53 -0800

Merged #4698 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4698#event-4198716758