Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Robert Wilton's HTTP/3 comments (#4813)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 13:04:09 -0800

Fixes #4804.
Fixes #4805.
Fixes #4806.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4813

-- Commit Summary --

  * Fewer versions, fewer restrictions
  * Pseudo-header fields still go to QPACK
  * Request streams

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md (15)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4813.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4813.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4813

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 18:14:14 -0800

@martinthomson commented on this pull request.

> @@ -640,9 +638,10 @@ included in an HTTP/1.1 status line.
 
 #### Field Compression
 
-HTTP/3 uses QPACK field compression as described in [QPACK], a variation of
-HPACK that allows the flexibility to avoid compression-induced head-of-line
-blocking.  See that document for additional details.
+[QPACK] describes a variation of HPACK that allows the flexibility to avoid

Maybe:

> [QPACK] describes a variation of HPACK that gives an encoder some control over how much head-of-line blocking can be caused by compression.  This allows an encoder to balance compression efficiency with latency.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4813#pullrequestreview-574725110

---

From: Robert Wilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2021 10:06:00 -0800

@rgwilton approved this pull request.

Yes, the proposed text addresses my comments.

Thanks for the updates.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4813#pullrequestreview-574865105

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 10:32:45 -0800

@MikeBishop pushed 1 commit.

1f6e325549346b66774a47e74623181e967a0691  Martin's feedback

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4813/files/faf2a4789cbb9baf5b1d30428e66d6c410e08132..1f6e325549346b66774a47e74623181e967a0691

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 12:54:50 -0800

Merged #4813 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4813#event-4247669399