Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Clarify how the initial CWND is limited (#4740)

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 17:00:22 -0800

Fixes #4591
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4740

-- Commit Summary --

  * Clarify how the initial CWND is limited

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md (9)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4740.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4740.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4740

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 17:02:44 -0800

@martinthomson approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4740#pullrequestreview-566819859

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 17:03:33 -0800

@MikeBishop approved this pull request.

This is clearer; thanks.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4740#pullrequestreview-566820148

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 17:07:00 -0800

@janaiyengar commented on this pull request.

> +the maximum datagram size (max_datagram_size), while also limiting the initial
+congestion window to the larger of 14720 bytes or twice the maximum datagram
+size. This follows the analysis and recommendations in {{?RFC6928}}, increasing
+the byte limit to account for the smaller 8-byte overhead of UDP compared to
+the 20-byte overhead for TCP.

```suggestion
the maximum datagram size (max_datagram_size), while limiting the window
to the larger of 14720 bytes or twice the maximum datagram
size. This follows the analysis and recommendations in {{?RFC6928}}, increasing
the byte limit to account for the smaller 8-byte overhead of UDP compared to
the 20-byte overhead for TCP.
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4740#pullrequestreview-566821351

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 17:09:11 -0800

@ianswett pushed 1 commit.

d4b4470eeef90a28c40aa65ace8f89a471c94cfa  Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4740/files/d15c56136fce56c0163d8b29002493b488ec88f9..d4b4470eeef90a28c40aa65ace8f89a471c94cfa

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 17:10:09 -0800

19411f1d220d7660b5f3a0c94cd6b493115184b2  Reflow

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4740/files/d4b4470eeef90a28c40aa65ace8f89a471c94cfa..19411f1d220d7660b5f3a0c94cd6b493115184b2

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 17:12:13 -0800

Merged #4740 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4740#event-4198930751