Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Ben Kaduk's Transport Comment 33 (#4645)

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 18:01:21 -0800

@kaduk said:

> Section 19.16
>
> > Retiring a connection ID invalidates the stateless reset token
> > associated with that connection ID.
>
> Is it the sending or the ACKing of the frame that effectuates the
> invalidation?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4645

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 22:16:22 -0800

As it says there, sending.

Virtually nothing of value is tied to the processing of acknowledgments; RETIRE_CONNECTION_ID doesn't depend on that.  ACK is for ensuring that we can recover from loss and almost nothing more (logic relying on largest acknowledged is the one exception).

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4645#issuecomment-755910515

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 23:59:05 -0800

I read this as "close with no action".

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4645#issuecomment-758478526

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 01:48:07 -0800

Closed #4645.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4645#event-4194950492