Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Two fixes for issue 4480 (#4561)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 20:23:49 -0800

The first strikes &quot;TLS&quot; from encryption level

The second removes misleading text about coalescing

I&#39;m suggesting that we replace it with explanatory language about encryption levels and packet number spaces.  This context is now missing as a result of moving the referenced text to -transport.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4561

-- Commit Summary --

  * Strike &quot;TLS&quot; from encryption level
  * Remove misleading text about coalescing

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md (12)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4561.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4561.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4561

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 21:34:02 -0800

@janaiyengar approved this pull request.

one suggestion, but lgtm

>  encryption level.  As with TLS over TCP, once TLS handshake data has been
 delivered to QUIC, it is QUIC's responsibility to deliver it reliably. Each
 chunk of data that is produced by TLS is associated with the set of keys that
 TLS is currently using.  If QUIC needs to retransmit that data, it MUST use the
 same keys even if TLS has already updated to newer keys.
 
-One important difference between TLS records (used with TCP) and QUIC CRYPTO
-frames is that in QUIC multiple frames may appear in the same QUIC packet as
-long as they are associated with the same packet number space. For instance,
-an endpoint can bundle a Handshake message and an ACK for some Handshake data
-into the same packet. Some frames are prohibited in different packet number
-spaces; see Section 12.5 of {{QUIC-TRANSPORT}}.
+Encryption levels each correspond to packet number space.  The packet number

```suggestion
Each encryption level corresponds to a packet number space.  The packet number
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4561#pullrequestreview-562335551

---

From: Kazuho Oku <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 22:45:15 -0800

@kazuho approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4561#pullrequestreview-562358711

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 16:11:59 -0800

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

045eaa375d6da340e4abc35935d214fc75a2f953  article

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4561/files/a1148e1de532025681fd8e9c1195755c4bb724a1..045eaa375d6da340e4abc35935d214fc75a2f953

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2021 06:54:30 +0000 (UTC)

Merged #4561 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4561#event-4178462821