Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Robert Wilton's QPACK Comment 1 (#4800)

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 06:28:54 -0800

@rgwilton said

> I didn't read the draft in complete detail, but I'm not sure that I came away
> with a good understanding of what the receiver data structure would actually
> look like in an implementation.  The first paragraph in section 3.2 suggests
> that this would be a list of field lines in FIFO order, but I would assume that
> a more performant representation would likely be used.  I appreciate that this
> is really an implementation detail, but possibly the introduction in section
> 3.2 might benefit with text giving a bit more overview of what the data
> structure is expected to look like.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4800

---

From: afrind <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 16:25:18 -0800

I'm inclined to leave this unspecified -- the simplistic FIFO model is enough to understand the algorithms, and implementers will figure out how to optimize it.  There are several highly performant, open source implementations to draw inspiration from.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4800#issuecomment-767198781

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 03:41:15 -0800

@rgwilton?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4800#issuecomment-767487808

---

From: Robert Wilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 07:06:24 -0800

That is okay with me.

Thanks for checking,
Rob

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4800#issuecomment-767605184

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 07:13:44 -0800

Closed #4800.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4800#event-4251177761