Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Use `<sup>` for exponentiation (#4822)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 00:43:28 -0800

This renders much better in HTML and the text format does not suffer for
it.

Conversion process was almost entirely mechanical:

```
sed -i -e &#39;s/\^\([0-9][0-9]*\(\|\.[0-9][0-9]*\)\)/&lt;sup&gt;\1&lt;\/sup&gt;/g&#39; draft-*.md
sed -i -e &#39;s/&lt;\/sup&gt; - /&lt;\/sup&gt;-/&#39; draft-*.md
```

Cleanup used emacs because I know that wraps reliably.

```
emacs $(git status --porcelain | cut -d &#39; &#39; -f 3 -)
```

With the macro sequence:

```
C-X ( C-s &#39;&lt;sup ENTER M-q C-x )
```
Then for each file it was basically just:

```
C-u 99 C-x e C-x C-s
```

Though I had to manually wrap the changelogs because emacs got greedy.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4822

-- Commit Summary --

  * Use `&lt;sup&gt;` for exponentiation

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md (23)
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md (78)
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (85)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4822.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4822.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4822

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 00:48:40 -0800

@larseggert approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4822#pullrequestreview-581106137

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 15:20:11 -0800

@janaiyengar commented on this pull request.

Can you also change this in the recovery draft? This does make it slightly odd that the HTML version will still say that "^ is exponentiation", but that's not incorrect, just redundant.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4822#pullrequestreview-581858348

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 15:22:35 -0800

@janaiyengar approved this pull request.

Since recovery is only in the pseudocode, LGTM.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4822#pullrequestreview-581859495

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 15:30:00 -0800

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

e633f3e4c38175189b84978637705da0d96c579c  Fix negative exponents and code blocks

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4822/files/229f0f31656d80eb2ca32e4005dacf8f91b77a9e..e633f3e4c38175189b84978637705da0d96c579c

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 15:50:25 -0800

Merged #4822 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4822#event-4282347721