Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Pad hex literals, continued (#4851)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 13:41:23 -0700

#4844 continued; found a bug in my regex that apparently missed the most common form of this.  🤦‍♂️
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4851

-- Commit Summary --

  * + vs. * matters in regex

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md (162)
    M draft-ietf-quic-qpack.md (8)
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md (2)
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (126)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4851.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4851.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4851

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 13:46:56 -0700

@MikeBishop pushed 1 commit.

132ce04f45fcc24f1c219198c83a90ff24f1bab6  Trim table width

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4851/files/ece833a51c29c6acb648c4a83680a3894b262cbf..132ce04f45fcc24f1c219198c83a90ff24f1bab6

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 17:02:55 -0700

@martinthomson approved this pull request.

`s/0x([0-9a-fA-f](?:[0-9a-fA-f]{2})*)/0x0$1/` right?

In any case, this is good.  And I have confirmed that the transport registries already include the padding for all the values.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4851#pullrequestreview-620324138

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 12:28:53 -0700

Close....  `(?<=0x)([\da-f]([\da-f]{2})*)(?![\da-f])` became `0$1`.  Including the `0x` in each would have worked, too, but failing to exclude a hex digit following would change every hex instance by matching everything up to the final character.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4851#issuecomment-807333953

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 15:09:38 -0700

Merged #4851 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4851#event-4530665266

---

From: afrind <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 15:11:37 -0700

@afrind approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4851#pullrequestreview-624745357