Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Change packet number encoding example (#4840)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2021 20:32:28 -0700

For a reason I didn&#39;t bother to investigate this was wrong.

@MikeBishop, please double check.  Anyone else who wants to double
check, the extra effort would be appreciated.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4840

-- Commit Summary --

  * Change packet number encoding example

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (10)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4840.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4840.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4840

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2021 22:47:24 -0700

Is there an issue associated with this?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4840#issuecomment-800813320

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 08:29:51 -0700

This appears to check out, but obviously my math is suspect, having written the original example.  :-)

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4840#issuecomment-801177514

---

From: Bradford Wetmore <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 11:37:23 -0700

I am the person who pointed this out to @MikeBishop last night.  These new numbers look correct to me. 

 Note, I am not involved with the draft writing, so can't approve this change.

Thanks for addressing.  

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4840#issuecomment-801319501

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 16:19:03 -0700

Whether or not you can approve, I value the extra validation.  At this stage, we can't afford to make this sort of mistake.  And Mike, it's on me as much as you for not checking your numbers originally :)

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4840#issuecomment-801503581

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 15:39:02 -0700

Merged #4840 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4840#event-4498868381