Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Move text on infinite ACK loops (#4859)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 15:47:55 -0700

There is a little connective tissue added here to connect to the ACK
tracking thing.

Closes #4833.
Closes #4855.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4859

-- Commit Summary --

  * Move text on infinite ACK loops

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (25)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4859.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4859.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4859

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 15:51:04 -0700

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

2bee55cefe7df97e99f3ec26fe34972842a3dc1a  endpoint

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4859/files/46bcb95263ed2c2cbf4a33bdfd3e8a8fb757fda6..2bee55cefe7df97e99f3ec26fe34972842a3dc1a

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 15:52:21 -0700

@janaiyengar approved this pull request.

Thanks @martinthomson !

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4859#pullrequestreview-624765463

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 15:56:03 -0700

8444027f6540676a51e11803e9cf000d78073efd  Connective tissue

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4859/files/2bee55cefe7df97e99f3ec26fe34972842a3dc1a..8444027f6540676a51e11803e9cf000d78073efd

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 15:56:24 -0700

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4859#pullrequestreview-624767364

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 15:56:57 -0700

@MikeBishop approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4859#pullrequestreview-624767586

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 15:57:31 -0700

@ianswett -- ptal when you get a chance

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4859#issuecomment-810632058

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 20:50:39 -0700

@ianswett approved this pull request.

LG, one possible suggestion to a sentence I've been confused by before.

> +when there are new ack-eliciting packets to acknowledge.  When only
+non-ack-eliciting packets need to be acknowledged, an endpoint MAY wait until an
+ack-eliciting packet has been received to include an ACK frame with outgoing
+frames.

This is pre-existing, but it always takes me a few tries understand the intent of this MAY, so here's a small suggestion which I believe clarifies it.

```suggestion
when there are new ack-eliciting packets to acknowledge.  When only
non-ack-eliciting packets need to be acknowledged, an endpoint MAY
choose to not send an ACK frame with outgoing frames until an
ack-eliciting packet has been received.
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4859#pullrequestreview-625879692

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 20:58:22 -0700

9c6715fe041ed73b4dfb90af8c807363c9d68318  a good suggestion

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4859/files/8444027f6540676a51e11803e9cf000d78073efd..9c6715fe041ed73b4dfb90af8c807363c9d68318