Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Manually insert BCP 14 boilerplate (#4873)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 00:12:17 -0700

kramdown-rfc2629 inserts a non-breaking space when expanding
`{::boilerplate bcp14}`, which xml2rfc subsequently mangles to produce
invalid XML.  Rather than deal with that, insert the boilerplate with
regular spaces instead.

Note that this is necessary to make #4871 work properly, as that tool drops the non-breaking whitespace character between &quot;BCP&quot; and &quot;14&quot;.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4873

-- Commit Summary --

  * Manually insert BCP 14 boilerplate

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md (5)
    M draft-ietf-quic-invariants.md (5)
    M draft-ietf-quic-qpack.md (5)
    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md (5)
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md (5)
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (5)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4873.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4873.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4873

---

From: Nick Banks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 07:11:48 -0700

@nibanks approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4873#pullrequestreview-647116136

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 12:04:48 -0700

@seanturner approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4873#pullrequestreview-647420738

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 13:40:53 -0700

@MikeBishop approved this pull request.

This seems fine, but I assume you've separately filed the appropriate bugs to fix the regular tools?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4873#pullrequestreview-647596569

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 16:39:37 -0700

https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/548 (I need to follow up regarding the use of non-breaking whitespace generally).

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4873#issuecomment-828848518

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 00:57:39 -0700

Merged #4873 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4873#event-4661021829