Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Move text on infinite ACK loops (#4859)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2021 13:17:35 -0700

@MikeBishop commented on this pull request.

> @@ -3747,6 +3747,20 @@ which could prevent the connection from ever becoming idle.  Non-ack-eliciting
 packets are eventually acknowledged when the endpoint sends an ACK frame in
 response to other events.
 
+An endpoint that is only sending ACK frames will not receive acknowledgments
+from its peer unless those acknowledgments are included in packets with
+ack-eliciting frames.  An endpoint SHOULD send an ACK frame with other frames
+when there are new ack-eliciting packets to acknowledge.  When only
+non-ack-eliciting packets need to be acknowledged, an endpoint MAY
+choose to not send an ACK frame with outgoing frames until an

```suggestion
choose not to send an ACK frame with outgoing frames until an
```
Split infinitives and all that....

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4859#pullrequestreview-626615976

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 23:10:29 -0700

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

c804b89a83bb5301feeb95f6909a2b5906d1c006  split those infinitives

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4859/files/9c6715fe041ed73b4dfb90af8c807363c9d68318..c804b89a83bb5301feeb95f6909a2b5906d1c006

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 00:56:41 -0700

Merged #4859 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4859#event-4661016667