Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Connection ID Lengths (#4865)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 03:39:05 -0700

Invariants Section 5.2:  This document uses "Connection ID Lengths",
but draft-ietf-quic-transport uses "Connection ID lengths".  Would
you like to make usage of this term in these two documents consistent?

Original (this document):
> The short header does not
include the Connection ID Lengths, Source Connection ID, or Version
fields.

Original (draft-ietf-quic-transport):
> The header form bit, Destination and Source Connection ID lengths,
Destination and Source Connection ID fields, and Version fields of a
long header packet are version-independent.

Suggested (this document):
> The short header does not
include the Destination Connection ID Length, Source Connection ID
Length, Source Connection ID, or Version fields.

Suggested (draft-ietf-quic-transport):
> The header form bit and the Destination Connection ID Length,
Source Connection ID Length, Destination Connection ID, Source
Connection ID, and Version fields of a long header packet are
version independent.

I think that this is good and we should take the suggestions.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4865

---

From: Nick Banks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 07:21:48 -0700

LGTM. I like the consistency.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4865#issuecomment-827645401

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 08:42:43 -0700

Yes.  I think we've been consistent that the noun "length(s)" is not capitalized when talking about the value, but the name of the field ("Destination Connection ID Length") is.  However, it's reasonable to make this sentence reference the fields which are being affected rather than the information they convey.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4865#issuecomment-827709347