Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Final batch of text changes for transport (#4878)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 23:21:11 -0700

Now I have to scrub the XML...
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4878

-- Commit Summary --

  * Final batch of text changes for transport

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (314)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4878.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4878.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4878

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 23:54:48 -0700

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

f2118efb1af5a09e6bd0ce3adb49bb10e3defc26  Asides

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4878/files/59c6be51ed13e20b7bb140cd1525cebad4cf93be..f2118efb1af5a09e6bd0ce3adb49bb10e3defc26

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 01:11:55 -0700

@martinthomson pushed 8 commits.

add9e2ff01c05ce1515dfd6cd76f3ed56a62cabd  Clarify without (1) and (2)
066d7c8943bfe730141c6284401f4127cfd151a5  Compact dl
4a353030d00417319300640845ec37da48ccdbe4  Use of is not really right, it's requests for
d6647cc616ef40b514ffa5d97cb6a0fba002d58d  just version negotiation
90455c4e3bde66d7a5ae7095e2907ebb5b158b5a  It's a type name
103137d9dfb3deb43fa024193caf2c6c857a8829  Ranges not regions
fa80452f831c564bc218084bad31396b9cb2742e  pseudocode markings
865e3e6791afdaa829b77d39363016ef321a1309  Clarify sentence

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4878/files/f2118efb1af5a09e6bd0ce3adb49bb10e3defc26..865e3e6791afdaa829b77d39363016ef321a1309

---

From: Nick Banks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 08:04:01 -0700

@nibanks approved this pull request.

LGTM.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4878#pullrequestreview-649313755

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 18:49:27 -0700

@janaiyengar commented on this pull request.

Just a couple of suggestions.

> @@ -6665,14 +6665,14 @@ Both on-path and off-path attackers can mount a passive attack in which they
 save observed packets for an offline attack against packet protection at a
 future time; this is true for any observer of any packet on any network.
 
-A blind attacker, one who injects packets without being able to observe valid
-packets for a connection, is unlikely to be successful, since packet protection
-ensures that valid packets are only generated by endpoints that possess the
-key material established during the handshake; see {{handshake}} and
-{{handshake-properties}}. Similarly, any active attacker that observes packets
+An attacker that injects packets without being able to observe valid packets for

good catch.

> @@ -6881,7 +6882,7 @@ that are received on a different network path.
 The Source and Destination Connection ID fields are the primary means of
 protection against off-path attack during the handshake; see
 {{validate-handshake}}.  These are required to match those set by a peer.
-Except for an Initial and stateless reset packets, an endpoint only accepts
+Except for Initial and stateless reset packets, an endpoint only accepts

```suggestion
Except for Initial and Stateless Reset packets, an endpoint only accepts
```

> @@ -7613,13 +7605,13 @@ The initial contents of this registry are shown in {{iana-error-table}}.
 | 0x08  | TRANSPORT_PARAMETER_ERROR | Error in transport parameters | {{error-codes}} |
 | 0x09  | CONNECTION_ID_LIMIT_ERROR | Too many connection IDs received | {{error-codes}} |
 | 0x0a  | PROTOCOL_VIOLATION        | Generic protocol violation    | {{error-codes}} |
-| 0x0b  | INVALID_TOKEN             | Invalid Token Received        | {{error-codes}} |
+| 0x0b  | INVALID_TOKEN             | Invalid Token received        | {{error-codes}} |

```suggestion
| 0x0b  | INVALID_TOKEN             | Invalid token received        | {{error-codes}} |
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4878#pullrequestreview-649704736