Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Tidy the XML (#4871)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 23:57:31 -0700

The purpose of this tool is to ensure that we can produce an XML file
that won&#39;t diverge too much from what the RPC produces.

The main thing this does is add \&lt;bcp14\&gt; elements as necessary.  But it
also tweaks indentation and removes XML garbage.  More can be added as
we discover the need.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4871

-- Commit Summary --

  * Tidy the XML

-- File Changes --

    M Makefile (11)
    A xml2rfc-tidy.py (132)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4871.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4871.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4871

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 01:00:11 -0700

@MikeBishop, I'm not exactly proud of this code, but it seems to do the job fairly well based on a reading of the diff it produces.  What do you think?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4871#issuecomment-829023157

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 08:29:45 -0700

I don't see anything I'm concerned by.  If it produces the desired output, let's go with it for now.  This might be worth moving into I-D Template instead of just adding a hook, eventually.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4871#issuecomment-830175703

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 08:29:55 -0700

@MikeBishop approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4871#pullrequestreview-649337582