Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Recovery RFCEditor #6 (#4893)

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2021 08:38:10 -0700

For this document, I believe the best option is to use &quot;Application Data&quot; when referring to the packet number space, and &quot;application data&quot; when referring to generic application data, such as when discussing being app-limited due to lack of application data.

6) [rfced] Throughout the text, the following term appears to be used 
inconsistently. Please review these occurrences and let us know if/how they
may be made consistent. 

application data / Application Data 

Note that RFC-to-be 9000 &lt;draft-ietf-quic-transport&gt; uses the lowercase 
form consistently.

We raised a similar question for RFC-to-be 9001; the authors decided on the following:

&gt; The outcome is that figures will use title case for consistency (as appropriate) 
&gt; and text will use the  lowercase form.  There is one reference to TLS 
&gt; Application Data, where I have kept the title case to match the usage in RFC 8446.

(see https://www.rfc-editor.org/pipermail/c430/2021-April/000016.html)
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4893

-- Commit Summary --

  * Recovery RFCEditor #6

-- File Changes --

    M rfc9002.md (2)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4893.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4893.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4893

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2021 17:03:11 -0700

@martinthomson approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4893#pullrequestreview-653983756

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2021 10:40:32 -0700

@janaiyengar approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4893#pullrequestreview-654717735

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2021 10:40:46 -0700

Merged #4893 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4893#event-4703620779