Subject: [quicwg/version-negotiation] 7c746d: Correct client validation

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 17:06:44 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/main
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation
  Commit: 7c746d593d037c6b9738a7c489284c839528207e
      https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/commit/7c746d593d037c6b9738a7c489284c839528207e
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2021-07-16 (Fri, 16 Jul 2021)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-version-negotiation.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Correct client validation

In light of discussion in slack, the problem here is that the validation
is based on the *negotiated* version.  Validation needs to be based on
the client's *selected* version.

I've also moved text about validating lack of support for the original
version to the incompatible VN section, alongside a reminder to validate
connection IDs.  Security does depend on this, but the client ignores
these bad VN packets.  That provides more effective defense against
attack than what was proposed.

  Commit: e0fa117f14bec174fd3516fcb6898ebbf65c07f9
      https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/commit/e0fa117f14bec174fd3516fcb6898ebbf65c07f9
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2021-07-16 (Fri, 16 Jul 2021)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-version-negotiation.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Add some references

  Commit: 78ddb8aa2446078fbd8bd4b6b6843882f9d35781
      https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/commit/78ddb8aa2446078fbd8bd4b6b6843882f9d35781
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2021-07-16 (Fri, 16 Jul 2021)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-version-negotiation.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Fix dead ref

  Commit: 63fdeba6e6a7306381779f930d2dc801989e4fcf
      https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/commit/63fdeba6e6a7306381779f930d2dc801989e4fcf
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2021-07-19 (Mon, 19 Jul 2021)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-version-negotiation.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  cleaner

Co-authored-by: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>

  Commit: 870887c1a42ae823c22549dbe41bc27769eca0ac
      https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/commit/870887c1a42ae823c22549dbe41bc27769eca0ac
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2021-07-19 (Mon, 19 Jul 2021)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-version-negotiation.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Only validate Other Versions if VN occurred

  Commit: 64e22632cb8a18d46cb03cf4a8318a1be322adee
      https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/commit/64e22632cb8a18d46cb03cf4a8318a1be322adee
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2021-07-20 (Tue, 20 Jul 2021)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-version-negotiation.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  me grammar it bad

Co-authored-by: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>

  Commit: f369534c4c7e8d3082e77480663b7c79964850d2
      https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/commit/f369534c4c7e8d3082e77480663b7c79964850d2
  Author: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2021-07-25 (Sun, 25 Jul 2021)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-version-negotiation.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #49 from martinthomson/client-validation

Client validation

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/compare/be2061f55c1e...f369534c4c7e