Subject: [quicwg/datagram] 6cc681: Cannot rely on transport ACK

From: Tommy Pauly <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 13:23:02 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/main
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/datagram
  Commit: 6cc681a368687e82d2c286862b0ad9fbfcc35d76
      https://github.com/quicwg/datagram/commit/6cc681a368687e82d2c286862b0ad9fbfcc35d76
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2021-07-19 (Mon, 19 Jul 2021)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-datagram.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Cannot rely on transport ACK

The use of "SHOULD NOT" implies that a) this is discretionary, and b)
that applications might be able to rely on it in some cases.

I don't believe that either is true unless the protocol were specified
entirely differently.  (And that alternative specification wouldn't be
practical anyway.)

  Commit: 3323ff31ef00e0b61e8ee60734f67c7c5154cc66
      https://github.com/quicwg/datagram/commit/3323ff31ef00e0b61e8ee60734f67c7c5154cc66
  Author: Tommy Pauly <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2021-07-19 (Mon, 19 Jul 2021)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-datagram.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #27 from martinthomson/just-cannot

Cannot rely on transport ACK

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/datagram/compare/87527787ac39...3323ff31ef00