Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Clarify unknown unidirectional stream handling (PR #4942)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2021 10:39:34 -0700

Fixes #4929.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4942

-- Commit Summary --

  * <a href="https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4942/commits/7096acc350252061bed665a697f10964deae179b">How to handle unknown stream type errors</a>
  * <a href="https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4942/commits/2031eedceaa8606663614f957baee67e6ccf3d68">Section 9 alignment with Section 6.2</a>

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md (11)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4942.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4942.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4942

---

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2021 10:59:41 -0700

@LPardue approved this pull request.

LGTM thank you

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4942#pullrequestreview-795752657

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2021 16:53:48 -0700

@martinthomson commented on this pull request.

> @@ -1771,7 +1772,7 @@ managing these extension points: frame types ({{iana-frames}}), settings
 ({{iana-stream-types}}).
 
 Implementations MUST ignore unknown or unsupported values in all extensible
-protocol elements.  Implementations MUST discard frames and abort reading on
+protocol elements.  Implementations MUST discard data and/or abort reading on

"and/or" is a bad smell.  the colloquial "or" is sufficient here.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4942#pullrequestreview-797222552

---

From: Kazuho Oku <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2021 21:31:21 -0700

@kazuho approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4942#pullrequestreview-797344607

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 09:00:26 -0800

@MikeBishop pushed 1 commit.

cacdd9bdb9631db2cdefa326b70fb6a60305a863  and/or

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4942/files/2031eedceaa8606663614f957baee67e6ccf3d68..cacdd9bdb9631db2cdefa326b70fb6a60305a863