Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Tweaks to more closely match RFC Editor XML (PR #4958)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 12:17:57 -0800

Of note:
- Replace the BCP14 boilerplate with the bcp14-tagged invocation, which causes all the BCP14 terms to get the appropriate `&lt;bcp14&gt;` tags added by kramdown-rfc2629
- Change all instance of `drawing` to `ascii-art`
- Add angle brackets to the one bare URL in the document
- The removal of backticks was apparently a tooling issue, not a deliberate change -- their XML still places `&lt;tt&gt;` around these segments, which the backticks map to, but their text output does not include `&quot;` which my text output does when the backticks are present.  I&#39;ve restored them, to have the XML correct, and they can finagle the text output as desired.
- Remove any unused figure/table anchors, except one place where I added a reference instead to match the parallel sections.
- Use the same format for the Acknowledgements list as RFC9000 (albeit a bit different from what the RFC Editor changed it to).
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4958

-- Commit Summary --

  * Use bcp14-tagged boilerplate, to get &lt;bcp14&gt; tags
  * drawing -&gt; ascii-art
  * Angle brackets on link
  * Removal of backticks was a tooling issue
  * Remove unused anchors or use them
  * Match RFC9000 in Acknowledgements list

-- File Changes --

    M rfc9114.md (120)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4958.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4958.diff

-- 
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4958
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.

Message ID: &lt;quicwg/base-drafts/pull/[email-masked]&gt;

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 15:01:27 -0800

@martinthomson commented on this pull request.

I went the other way when it came to figure references, but this is fine.

> @@ -1219,8 +1217,8 @@ H3_ID_ERROR; see {{errors}}.
 
 ### Reserved Stream Types {#stream-grease}
 
-Stream types of the format 0x1f * N + 0x21 for non-negative integer values of N
-are reserved to exercise the requirement that unknown types be ignored. These
+Stream types of the format `0x1f * N + 0x21` for non-negative integer values of
+N are reserved to exercise the requirement that unknown types be ignored. These

Do you want "\`N\`" here?

-- 
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4958#pullrequestreview-886653234
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.

Message ID: <quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4958/review/[email-masked]>

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 08:12:05 -0800

@MikeBishop pushed 1 commit.

b3fc720de343f73d8c4b245a562a52a91aedfce1  Backticks for `N` also

-- 
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4958/files/af857e13848dfc76bce74426edacff7c40dea27e..b3fc720de343f73d8c4b245a562a52a91aedfce1
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.

Message ID: <quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4958/push/[email-masked]>

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 12:15:17 -0800

Merged #4958 into h3qp_auth48.

-- 
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4958#event-6120700085
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.

Message ID: <quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4958/issue_event/[email-masked]>