Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Auth48: Combined internal references (Issue #4955)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 11:50:30 -0800

https://github.com/cabo/kramdown-rfc2629 supports references to other documents of the form `{{Sections X.Y and X.Z of BLAHBLAH}}`, which renders as one might expect. In multiple locations, the draft makes multiple internal references (`see {{foo}} and {{bar}}`) which render as "see Section X.Y and Section X.Z".

The RFC Editor asks that these be changed to "Sections X.Y and X.Z", but I'm currently unaware of a way to do that within a document in kramdown.

@martinthomson, @cabo - suggestions appreciated.

-- 
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4955
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.

Message ID: <quicwg/base-drafts/issues/[email-masked]>

---

From: cabo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 13:30:08 -0800

You can use the format= attribute of <xref.

``` 
{{<terminology}} for <xref target="terminology" format="counter"/>
{{<<terminology}} for <xref target="terminology" format="title"/>
``` 

So your example becomes

```
Sections {{<foo}} and {{<bar}}
```

Enjoy!

-- 
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4955#issuecomment-1040812618
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.

Message ID: <quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4955/[email-masked]>

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 07:33:21 -0800

Thank you!  That trick could be useful in a few other places as well.

-- 
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4955#issuecomment-1041708758
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.

Message ID: <quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4955/[email-masked]>

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 12:23:45 -0800

Closed in #4956.

-- 
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4955#issuecomment-1043391244
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.

Message ID: <quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4955/[email-masked]>

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 12:23:46 -0800

Closed #4955.

-- 
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4955#event-6093181721
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.

Message ID: <quicwg/base-drafts/issue/4955/issue_event/[email-masked]>