Subject: Re: [radext] Flags in draft-ietf-radext-radius-extensions-04

From: Leaf yeh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 11:29:00 +0000

Section 2.2, draft-ietf-radext-radius-extensions-04

<quote>Flags

This field is 7 bits long, and is reserved for future use.
Implementations MUST set it to zero (0) when encoding an attribute
for sending in a packet. The contents SHOULD be ignored on
reception.
Future specifications may define additional meaning for this
field. Implementations therefore MUST NOT treat this field as
invalid if it is non-zero.</quote>

There is no real flags in this field. It is reserved for future use. 
Would you mind to change the name of this field to be 'Reserved'?

Best Regards,
Leaf

--------------------
From: Leaf yeh 
To: 'Alan DeKok'
Subject: More typos in draft-ietf-radext-radius-extensions-04

Finding in the casual reading：

Section 2.4 of draft-ietf-radext-radius-extensions-04

1. <quote>The "evs" data type is an encapsulation layer
which which permits the "Value" field of an Attribute to contain a
Vendor-Id, followed by a Vendor-Type, and then vendor-defined data.</quote >

There is 1 more ‘which’ in the above sentence.

2. <quote>The length of the "String"
field is implicit, and is determined by taking the "Length" of the
encapsulating RADIUS Attribute, and subtracting the length of the
attribute header including the 4 octets of Vendor-Id. </quote >

Supposed the above sentence should be ‘…subtracting the length of the attribute header and the EVS header including the 4 octets of Vendor-Id and 1 octet of Vendor-type.’

3. <quote>For
"Extended Type" attributes, the length of the String field is seven
(7) less than the value of the Length field. For "Extended Type with
Flags" attributes, the length of the String field is eight (8) less
than the value of the Length field. </quote >

Supposed the above sentence should be ‘For "Extended Type" attributes, ….eight (8=3+5)...For "Extended Type with Flags" attributes,…nine (9=4+5)…’.

Best Regards,
Leaf

---

From: Alan DeKok <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 08:06:33 -0400

> Would you mind to change the name of this field to be 'Reserved'?

  That's fine.

  I'll make an update before the WG meeting.

  Alan DeKok.

---

From: Alan DeKok <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 08:06:33 -0400

That's fine.

  Alan DeKok.
_______________________________________________
radext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/radext