Subject: [radext] Document Action: 'Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption for RADIUS' to Experimental RFC (draft-ietf-radext-radsec-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 14:43:00 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption for RADIUS'
  (draft-ietf-radext-radsec-12.txt) as an Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ronald Bonica.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-radext-radsec/

Technical Summary

   This document specifies security on the transport layer (TLS) for the
   RADIUS protocol when transmitted over TCP.  This enables dynamic
   trust relationships between RADIUS servers

Working Group Summary

    The consensus in the WG was solid and there were no specific 
    issues during the WG process that would need specific noting.

Document Quality

    The document quality is good and there are several known
    implementations from different vendors, and more
    implementations are expected. Furthermore, there is at
    least one operational world-wide roaming environment with
    multiple involved parties already using the protocol
    specified by this document. 

Personnel

   Jouni Korhonen is the Document Shepherd. Dan Romascanu is the 
   Responsible Area Director.

_______________________________________________
radext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/radext