Subject: [radext] #124: private enterprise numbers

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 14:28:05 -0000

#124: private enterprise numbers

 In section 2.4, when defining Vendor-Id:

 > The high-order octet is 0 and the low-order 3 octets are the SMI Network
 Management Private Enterprise Code of the Vendor in network byte order.

 There seems to be an assumption here that PENs are limited to 3 octets -
 this is not true. Actually discussions around http://www.ietf.org/id
 /draft-liang-iana-pen-00.txt question whether 32 bits is enough. I suggest
 to use all 4 octets.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  dromasca@…   |      Owner:  draft-ietf-radext-radius-
     Type:  defect       |  extensions@…
 Priority:  blocker      |     Status:  new
Component:  radius-      |  Milestone:  milestone1
  extensions             |    Version:  1.0
 Severity:  In WG Last   |   Keywords:
  Call                   |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/124>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>