Subject: [radext] #127: attribute allocation flag

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 15:28:12 -0000

#127: attribute allocation flag

 In Section 5.1:

 >  We RECOMMEND that RADIUS client and server implementations delete all
 references to these improperly defined attributes.  Failing that, we
 RECOMMEND that RADIUS server implementations have a per-client
 configurable flag which indicates which type of attributes are being sent
 from the client.  If the flag is set one way, the conflicting attributes
 can be interpreted as being improperly defined Vendor Specific Attributes.
 If the flag is set the other way, the attributes MUST be interpreted as
 being of the Extended Attributes format.  The default SHOULD be to
 interpret the attributes as being of the Extended Attributes format.

 I suggest a more clear language, i.e a name for the flag and for the two
 states rather than 'one way', 'the other way'. For example 'Client-
 Extended-Attributes' / 'Standard-Extended-Attributes' (default) / 'Non-
 Standard-Vendor-Specific-Attributes' /

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  dromasca@…   |      Owner:  draft-ietf-radext-radius-
     Type:  defect       |  extensions@…
 Priority:  minor        |     Status:  new
Component:  radius-      |  Milestone:  milestone1
  extensions             |    Version:  1.0
 Severity:  In WG Last   |   Keywords:
  Call                   |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/127>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>