Subject: [radext] #120: ambiguity in the definition of Extended Type

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 13:43:20 -0000

#120: ambiguity in the definition of Extended Type

 In Section 2.1:

 >    The addition of the Extended-Type field decreases the maximum length
 for attributes of type "text" or "string" from 253 to 252 octets.  Where
 an Attribute needs to carry more than 252 octets of data, the "Long
 Extended Type" format should be used.

 I suggest: Where such an Attribute needs to carry more than 252 octets of
 data, the "Long Extended Type" format SHOULD be used.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  dromasca@…   |      Owner:  draft-ietf-radext-radius-
     Type:  defect       |  extensions@…
 Priority:  minor        |     Status:  new
Component:  radius-      |  Milestone:  milestone1
  extensions             |    Version:  1.0
 Severity:  In WG Last   |   Keywords:
  Call                   |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/120>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

_______________________________________________
radext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/radext

---

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 13:55:44 -0000

Comment (by aland@…):

 I agree with this.

 Severity:  In WG Last   |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/120#comment:1>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

---

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 13:55:44 -0000

Comment (by aland@…):

 I agree with this.