Subject: [radext] RFC 6613 on RADIUS over TCP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 09:38:25 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6613

        Title:      RADIUS over TCP 
        Author:     A. DeKok
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 37646
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-radext-tcp-transport-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6613.txt

The Remote Authentication Dial-In User Server (RADIUS) protocol has,
until now, required the User Datagram Protocol (UDP) as the underlying
transport layer.  This document defines RADIUS over the Transmission
Control Protocol (RADIUS/TCP), in order to address handling issues
related to RADIUS over Transport Layer Security (RADIUS/TLS).  It
permits TCP to be used as a transport protocol for RADIUS only when a
transport layer such as TLS or IPsec provides confidentiality and
security.  This document defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet
community.

This document is a product of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
radext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/radext