Subject: Re: [radext] #109: Additional IEEE 802.11 Attributes

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 02:08:14 -0000

#109: Additional IEEE 802.11 Attributes

Changes (by bernard_aboba@…):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 The proposed resolution provides the following changes to the text of
 Section 2.14:

 2.14.  WLAN-Reason-Code

    Description

       The WLAN-Reason-Code Attribute contains information on the reason
       why a station has been dissaciated or de-authenticated.  This can
       occur due to policy or for reasons related to the user's
       subscription.

       A WLAN-Reason-Code Attribute MAY be included within an Access-
       Reject or Disconnect-Request packet.  Upon receipt of an Access-
       Reject or Disconnect-Request packet containing a WLAN-Reason-Code
       Attribute, the WLAN-Reason-Code value is copied by the Access
       Point into the Reason code field of a Disassociation or
       Deauthentication frame (see clause 8.3.3.4 and 8.3.3.12
       respectively in [IEEE- 802.11]), which is subsequently transmitted
       to the station.  In order to provide information within an
       Accounting-Request on why a station has been disassociated or de-
       authenticated, the Acct-Termination-Cause Attribute is used,
       rather than the WLAN-Reason-Code Attribute.  A summary of the
       WLAN-Reason-Code Attribute format is shown below.  The fields are
       transmitted from left to right.

        0                   1                   2                   3
        0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |     Type      |  Length       |             Value
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
                  Value                |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

    Code

       TBD13

    Length

       4

    Value

       The Value field is a 32-bit unsigned integer drawn from Table 8-36
       in clause 8.4.1.7 of [IEEE-802.11].  The following Reason codes
       for public Wi-Fi access networks (and the corresponding additional
       values of the Acct-Terminate-Cause Attribute) were added by the
       IEEE 802.11u-2011 amendment:

       Reason Acct-       Description
       Code   Terminate-
       Value  Cause

       27        24       Disassociated because session
                          terminated by service provider request
       28        25       Disassociated because of lack
                          of service provider roaming agreement
       29        26       Requested service rejected because
                          of service provider cipher suite or
                          AKM requirement
       30        27       Requested service not authorized in
                          this location

-- 
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  jsalowey@…       |       Owner:  bernard_aboba@…
     Type:  defect           |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major            |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  ieee802ext       |     Version:  1.0
 Severity:  In WG Last Call  |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/109#comment:3>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>