Subject: [radext] Additional comments on draft-ietf-radext-ieee802ext-03

From: Dorothy Stanley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 15:57:24 -0800

Here are some additional comments from 802.11 members, gathered at the IEEE
802.11 meeting, Nov 14, 2012.

Dorothy Stanley
----------------
1. in 2.4, change from
"  the reason why a station has been dissaciated."
to
"the reason why a station was refused network access and has been
disassociated"

2. In 2.4, delete "were added by the IEEE 802.11u-2011 amendment"; as the
reference 802.11-2012 includes the 11u amendment.

3. In 2.4 insert "(Reason Codes)" after "Table 8-36" as an additional guide
for the reader.

4. At the end of 2.14 and at the end of section 5, add two additional
reason codes, "1 Unspecified reason" and "29 Disassociated for unspecified,
QoS-related reason", renumbering intermediate values.

5. In section 3, in the entry for WLAN-Reason-Code, change the Acct-Req
value from "0" to "0-1". The reason code could be included in the
accounting record sent by the RADIUS client for diagnostic purposes.