Subject: [radext] RADEXT WG Last Call: DTLS as a Transport Layer for RADIUS

From: "Sanchez, Mauricio (HP Networking)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 17:21:35 +0000

This is an announcement of RADEXT WG last call on "DTLS as a Transport Layer
for RADIUS", prior to sending the document to the IESG for publication as a
Experimental RFC. 

The document is available for inspection here:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-radext-dtls

The RADEXT WG last call will last until Wednesday November 21, 2012.   If
you have comments on the document, please file using TRAC system.  See below
for summary of instructions.

Thanks,
Mauricio and Jouni 

1.       To submit an issue in TRAC, you first need to login to the RADEXT
WG site on the tools server:  http://tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/login
2.       If you don¹t already have a login ID, you can obtain one by
navigating to this site:   http://trac.tools.ietf.org/newlogin
3.       Once you have obtained an account, and have logged in, you can file
an issue by navigating to the  ticket entry
form:http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/newticket
4.       When opening an issue:
a.       The Type: field should be set to ³defect² for an issue with the
current document text, or ³enhancement² for a proposed addition of
functionality (such as an additional requirement).
b.      The Priority: field is set based on the severity of the Issue.   For
example, editorial issues are typically ³minor² or ³trivial².
c.       The Milestone: field should be set to milestone1 (useless, I know).
d.      The Component: field should be set to the document you are filing
the issue on.  
e.      The Version: field should be set to ³1.0².
f.        The Severity: field should be set to based on the status of the
document (e.g. ³In WG Last Call² for a document in WG last call)
g.        The Keywords: and CC: fields can be left blank unless inspiration
seizes you. 
h.      The Assign To: field is generally filled in with the email address
of the editor. 
5.       Typically it won¹t be necessary to enclose a file with the ticket,
but if you need to, select ³I have files to attach to this ticket².
6.       If you want to preview your Issue, click on the ³Preview² button.
When you¹re ready to submit the issue, click on the ³Create Ticket² button.
7.       If you want to update an issue, go to the "View Tickets" page:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/report/1  Click on the ticket #
you want to update, and then modify the ticket fields as required

---

From: Peter Deacon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 09:57:28 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

On Wed, 7 Nov 2012, Sanchez, Mauricio (HP Networking) wrote:

> This is an announcement of RADEXT WG last call on "DTLS as a Transport
> Layer for RADIUS", prior to sending the document to the IESG for
> publication as a Experimental RFC.

> you have comments on the document, please file using TRAC system.  See
> below for summary of instructions.

I'm concerned last call may be premature.  There are still several open 
tickets against this in the tracker.

regards,
Peter

---

From: jouni korhonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 20:12:42 +0200

I see one ticket, which is marked as "closed".

- JOuni

On Nov 7, 2012, at 7:57 PM, Peter Deacon wrote:

> I'm concerned last call may be premature.  There are still several open tickets against this in the tracker.
> 
> regards,
> Peter_______________________________________________
> radext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/radext

---

From: Peter Deacon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 10:25:42 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

> I see one ticket, which is marked as "closed".

Hi Jouni,

After a quick check there seems to be duplicate components for RADIUS over 
DTLS ('RDTLS' and 'dtls')  Additional tickets in RDTLS component.

regards,
Peter

---

From: Alan DeKok <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 15:14:35 -0500

Peter Deacon wrote:
> After a quick check there seems to be duplicate components for RADIUS
> over DTLS ('RDTLS' and 'dtls')  Additional tickets in RDTLS component.

  I've changed the issues to "dtls", and commented on them.

  Alan DeKok.