Subject: Re: [radext] #66: NAT nits

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 19:39:36 -0000

#66: NAT nits

Changes (by aland@…):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid

Comment:

 > There are no problems with full cone or ALGs acting as proxies.

 Then they're not acting like a NAT gateway.

 Application-layer proxies which don't do NAT aren't NAT gateways.

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  peterd@…            |       Owner:  aland@…
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  trivial             |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  RDTLS               |     Version:  1.0
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |  Resolution:  invalid
 Keywords:                      |
--------------------------------+-------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/66#comment:2>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

---

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 22:58:03 -0000

#66: NAT nits

Comment (by peterd@…):

 The phrase "Network Address Translation (NAT) is fundamentally
 incompatible with RADIUS" is inaccurate.  Full cone NAT is still "NAT" yet
 shares none of the enumerated identity problems.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/66#comment:3>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>