Subject: [radext] #137: Clarify behavior if request authenticator or message authenticator fails

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 05:18:42 -0000

#137: Clarify behavior if request authenticator or message authenticator fails

 Joseph Salowey (jsalowey) wrote:
 The document has a few issues that need to be resolved:

 1. What is the expected behavior if the request authenticator or message
 authenticator verification fails?  I believe the behavior is that the
 RADIUS layer silently ignores the message and the DTLS session is torn
 down, but I think this should be more explicitly stated.

 Alan DeKok:
  That was the intention.  I will clarify that in the document.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-radext-
  [email-masked]     |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  dtls         |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG    |   Keywords:
  Document               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/137>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

---

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 12:47:34 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Suggested text:

 Sessions MUST also be deleted when a RADIUS packet fails validation
 due to a packet being malformed, or when it has an invalid
 Message-Authenticator, or invalid Request Authenticator.

 With similar text for clients and Response Authenticator.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-radext-
  [email-masked]     |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  dtls         |     Version:
 Severity:  Active WG    |  Resolution:  fixed
  Document               |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/137#comment:1>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>