Subject: [radext] Fwd: [OPS-DIR] OPS-DIR Review of draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access-13

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 10:56:19 +0100

Hi Authors,

Can you please address Mehmet's comments.

Regards, Benoit

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[OPS-DIR] OPS-DIR Review of draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access-13
Date: 	Tue, 20 Nov 2012 14:38:15 +0100
From: 	Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Munich) <[email-masked]>
To: 	<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>

I reviewed the draft "RADIUS attributes for IPv6 Access Networks" (
draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access-13.txt) for its operational impact.

Summary:
Intended status: Standards Track
Current status: Waiting for AD Go-Ahead

The document specifies additional IPv6 RADIUS attributes useful in
residential broadband network deployments, which are:
assignment of a host IPv6 address and IPv6 DNS server address via
DHCPv6; assignment of an IPv6 route announced via router advertisement;
assignment of a named
IPv6 delegated prefix pool; and assignment of a named IPv6 pool for host
DHCPv6 addressing.

The document follows the standard method for Radius attribute
definition. As such the attributes and their configuration has been
sufficiently described.

I do not see any blocking issues.  The document seems to be ready for
publication as Proposed Standard.

Minor issues:

- Section 4.4. Delegated-IPv6-Prefix-Pool

I am not a AAA-NAS expert, however section 4.4. defines the
Delegated-IPv6-Prefix-Pool attribute containing the name of an assigned
pool that SHOULD be used to select an IPv6 delegated prefix for the user
on the NAS. But there is no mention of how the pool itself is defined. A
reference to the document where this has been specified would be useful
for the reader.

- There is one nit error (lines 453/454) which needs to be fixed:

** There are 2 instances of too long lines in the document, the longest
one
      being 3 characters in excess of 72.

453	   0+      0+     0      0         0+      TBA4
Delegated-IPv6-Prefix-Pool
454	   0+      0+     0      0         0+      TBA5
Stateful-IPv6-Address-Pool

- There is one nit warning:

== There are 1 instance of lines with non-RFC2606-compliant FQDNs in the
       document.

Cheers,
Mehmet

_______________________________________________
OPS-DIR mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ops-dir