Subject: (radius) Merit Radius 3.6B !!!

From: Alberto Ferreira Delgado <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 20:53:37 -0200

I am trying to update our version of radius to the new one 3.6B, but
we are having problems with the accounting responses to the NAS, the NAS
is sending o lot of accounting request to radius for the same user,
seems to me that the NAS is not receveing the correct asnwer from
radius, other thing that i had observed is that the Acct-Delay-Time is
incresing in this requests,my question :
    Does Anybody know why the NAS is sending a lot of accounting
requests to radius? soomeone had a similar problem with the nem Radius ?
I am testing with a pm3 and NetServer
    I need to change or configure something ? or this version of Radius
does not work with pm3 ?

    Regards,
--
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Tonight you're a star, and I'm the big dipper.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: William Bulley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 20:43:16 -0500 (EST)

> incresing in this requests,my question :

This kind of question should be directed to [email-masked] and
not to this IETF mailing list.

> I am testing with a pm3 and NetServer

If the NAS does not receive an Access-Accept it should not generate
any Accounting-Requests.  After the Access-Accept, the only reason
a NAS would not "shut-up" would be if it did not receive an
Accounting-Response.  You can examine debug logs to see if an
Accounting-Response has been sent to the NAS by our server...

>     I need to change or configure something ? or this version of Radius

We have many PM3 units working with 3.6 server code.

Regards,

web...

-- 
William Bulley                     Senior Systems Research Programmer
Merit Network, Inc.                Email: [email-masked]
4251 Plymouth Road, Suite C        Phone: (734) 764-9993
Ann Arbor, Michigan  48105-2785    Fax:   (734) 647-3185

If entropy is increasing, where is it coming from?
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.