Subject: (radius) L2TP Radius : Tunnel-Client-Endpoint?

From: CHRISTIAAN SIERENS WE3/KT <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 13:51:22 +0200 (MET-DST)

What is the purpose of the Tunnel-Client-Endpoint attribute?

I do not understand that it is not needed for the reason given in the draft,
i.e. as a globally unique indentifier part for accounting purpose, since I
assume that the NAS (as initiator of the tunnel) knows his own IP-address and
does therefore not need to get it from the Radius server.

Or, is it also the intention to specify from which NAS-INTERFACE the tunnel
should/must be initiated?

And what must happen when the IP-address given in Tunnel-Client-Endpoint does
not match with any of the IP-addresses allocacted to the NAS (or its
interfaces)?  The tunnel and call of the user must be rejected then? 

-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.

---

From: "Glen Zorn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 09:38:47 -0800

> does therefore not need to get it from the Radius server.

Tunnel-Client-Endpoint is not necessarily an IP address and NASs don't
necessarily have only one IP address.

> should/must be initiated?

Not quite that hardware-specific, but that's the general idea.

> interfaces)?  The tunnel and call of the user must be rejected then?

Yes.  If that happened, however, it would be an indication of
misconfiguration, either of the NAS or the RADIUS server.

-