Subject: Re: (radius) Extensions draft

From: Carl Rigney <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 23:12:29 -0800 (PST)

OK, megazone points out that Connect-Info should probably have
transmit speed first, then receive speed (from the NAS point of view).
So I've updated the relevant paragraph of the RADIUS Extensions draft to
say:
 
  The String field is encoded as ASCII characters.  The connection speed
  SHOULD be included at the beginning of the first Connect-Info attribute
  in the packet.  If the transmit and receive connection speeds differ,
  they may both be included in the first attribute with the transmit
  speed first (the speed the NAS modem transmits at), a slash (/), the
  receive speed, then optionally other information.

  For example, "28800 V42BIS/LAPM" or "52000/31200 V90"

Any objections or suggestions?

--
Carl Rigney
[email-masked]
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.