Subject: (radius) Off-topic: Does anyone else recieve junk e-mail via the Radius ma iling list?

From: "Varghese, Joe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 08:56:14 -0600

Just wanted to know if anyone else is having the same problem I am - I'm
receiving a *lot* of junk e-mail (the latest one advertising an adult
oriented content), and it looks like the solicitors got my address via the
ietf-radius newsgroup (on the bottom of each one there's an "To unsubscribe,
email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message" message).

Is anyone else having this problem? Can someone who's on charge of this
mailing list make sure that this kind of junk e-mail doesnt get passed via
the list?

I've attached a few of the messages just in case it's needed ....

Thanks.

joe varghese

--------------------------------
George (Joe) Varghese
[email-masked]
(630) 713-9522

Subject: (radius) CALL 1-800-HOT-PUSSY....CALL NOW!!
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 15:02:38 -0600

Hi Sexy,

I am lonely waiting for you to call me. Let me be the "Little Secret" in 
your life!

WARNING!!

These lines are extremely xxx-rated. Adults over 18 only!!! Sex starved
girls will give you a hot sexual experience you'll never forget. Not
recommended for people with weak hearts or bad backs!!!

Call 1-800-HOT-PUSSY(468-7877)

$2.99-$4.99 per min.        Billed by Teleworld
Visa/Mastercard/Amex      Must be over 18

Call 1-900-288-LIVE(5483) (US ONLY)

Billed as 1-ON-1 on your phone bill
$25.00 per call    Must be over 18

1-900-451-PUSSY(7877) (Canada)

$2.99-$4.99 per min. (US $)

CALL NOW!!!     CALL NOW!!!       CALL NOW!!!
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.

Subject: (radius) $150K+ Per Year / Home-Based / NOT MLM
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 02:53:46 -0600

We are sorry if you received this email in error. To be removed
from this list please send an email to the address below.
mailto:"[email-masked]"

Look, we don't want to waste your time.......or ours

If you're serious about retiring in the next 2 years with enough income
to live the "good life" and not afraid to work for it, we can help you.

REGARDLESS OF YOUR CURRENT AGE OR YOUR DEBT LOAD!

Please don't bother to call unless you are totally serious.

Call today- toll free   1-800-775-0712 Ext 8726

Recorded Message   

-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.

Subject: (radius) Home Based Wealth Building Opportunity!
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 12:51:20 -0600

What have you done with your dreams?

Would you like to achieve financial freedom?

As a member of our team you can earn
a 6 figure income and travel for pennies
on the dollar.

*Work from home
*78% Profit paid daily
*Full support & thorough training from our team
*Not MLM
*100x more profitable

With an honest effort you can earn 2-5k weekly within
your FIRST MONTH!

Interested?

Call 1-800-345-9688
Ext.  2055
24 hour recorded information.
No obligation!

Please serious inquiries only!

To be removed from our mailing list,
reply to:  [email-masked]
and enter remove in the subject.
Any vulgarity will be filtered and your
request for removal will be deleted.
THANKS! 

-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.

Subject: (radius) Super Bowl Sunday!
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 08:02:19 -0600

Meet me in MiamiGlobal Sports Connection has been accepting online and
telephone wagerson sporting events since the 1996 Football season. Our same
daypayouts, friendly customer service and convenient online wagering hasmade
Global Sports Connection one of the largest and most trustedwagering
companies in the world. Global Sports Connection has beenfeatured on MSNBC
Power Lunch, GQ Magazine (6/98), Bloomberg News andUSA Today.Global Sports
Connection would like to invite you to try our SportsBetting Services on
Super Bowl XXXIII. The Denver Broncos arecurrently 7 point favorites over
the Atlanta Falcons. Some additionalproposition wagers for the Super Bowl
are:The first player to score in the game will be wearing an odd or
evennumber on his jersey.Which team will score first or score last. (TD, FG,
Safety)Who will be the first player to score.The number of times the chain
will be brought on the feild to measurefor a first down.First or last score
of the game will be a TD, FG, S!
!
!
afety.Will there be a score in the in the last 2:00 minutes of the first
half.Please visit our website at http://www.betmaker.com to see theremaining
Super Bowl propositions and place your wagers on the game. Have a fantastic
Super Bowl Sunday!
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.

---

From: Sheryl Hope Shay <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 10:17:35 -0500

Yes, Its a really problem with this list.  I am considering blocking the domain.

This has been going on for a while.  They have to be cognizant of this abuse
happening.

Sheryl Shay
National On-Line Network

"Varghese, Joe" wrote:

>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

-

---

From: Farshad Abasi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 09:00:17 -0800 (PST)

I am getting these also.... Please filter out junk mail if possible...

---------------------------------------
Farshad Abasi
Software Engineer, Motorola Canada Ltd.
---------------------------------------
Ph:    241-6149
Fax:   241-6042
Email: [email-masked]
---------------------------------------

-

---

From: Merlin Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 11:20:44 -0600

Filters would, or could, be dificult to maintain do to spammers using
multiple fake email addresses and different subject lines.

The majordomo list server has the capability to filter out any messages
from non-subscribers.  This should eliminate the bulk of the junk mail.  As
for those spammers who actually subscribe, a little creative administration
should soon rid us of them also.

So the answer to the problem may well be for the list administrator to
reconfigure majordomo and then monitor the list periodically to unsubscribe
any wannabe-spammers.

Merlin.
-Hmmm, speaking of non-list-subject related mail, I seem to have generated
-one myself!

-- 
| Develcon Electronics    | Software Developer                          |
| 856-51 St. E, Saskatoon,| Research and Development Department         |
| Saskatchewan, Canada.   | E-mail   : [email-masked]       |
| S7K 5C7                 | Web Site : http://www.develcon.com          |
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.