Subject: (radius) Callback Nmuber & ID

From: Nayani Srikanth <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 17:15:44 +0500

Hello,
    In rfc 2138 there are two attributes describing callback number and ID
.  The former is said to be the callback number and the later the name of
the place . There is a tangiable ambiguity with the callback ID in terms of
what number it should hold . Can you please enlighten me.

Thanks in advance,
Srikanth.
***********************************************************
 Bridging the hiatus intervening hardware and software 
 SRIKANTH NAYANI,           VOICE: 91 - 40 - 774 2606
 RENDEZVOUS ON CHIP,        EMAIL: [email-masked]
 1st Floor, PLOT#14,
 KARKHANA, SECUNDERABAD-9.
***********************************************************

-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.

---

From: Aydin Edguer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 08:06:01 -0500 (EST)

> In rfc 2138 there are two attributes describing callback number and ID.
> The former is said to be the callback number and the later the name of
> the place . There is a tangiable ambiguity with the callback ID in terms
> of what number it should hold. Can you please enlighten me.

I am sorry, I do not see any ambiguity.  The Callback-Id does not hold
a number (unless you are using numbers for user-names).  The Callback-Id
is used to hold the User-Name/Identifier for the remote system.  Only
the Callback-Number contains a phone number and it is the phone number
the NAS should use to dial the remote system.

-