Subject: Re: (radius) More detail on Proxy

From: Carl Rigney <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 13:03:14 -0700 (PDT)

Dale Reed writes:
> Some implementations require Proxy-State to be before the reply 
> attributes

Such implementations are broken, and should be fixed.

The order of attributes of the same type must be preserved, but there's
no requirement as to order of different attributes.

--
Carl Rigney
[email-masked]
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.

---

From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 13:08:07 -0700

> no requirement as to order of different attributes.

We have been hit by this problem from three different vendors
now (all based on the same original code base) and its really
starting to become a pain.  We did modify RadiusNT to send 
Proxy-State first, but its getting really old talking to
non-RADIUS saavy people that say OUR implementation was broke,
not theirs. :(

-- 

Dale E. Reed Jr.      Emerald and RadiusNT
__________________________________________
IEA Software, Inc.    www.iea-software.com
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.