Subject: Re: (radius) zero attributes in access-challenge packet

From: Barney Wolff <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 12:04 EDT

This does not seem to me to be correct behavior.  State is certainly not
a required attribute in a Challenge.  And since the group (wrongly, in
my view, but nevertheless) has decreed that an empty string attribute is
not valid, the absence of Reply-Message merely means that the NAS should
put itself into a state to take new input from the user, which it will
then send in a new Access-Request, but not send anything to the user to
indicate this.  Maybe the user "just knows" that this dialog is
appropriate.

Barney Wolff  <[email-masked]>

> From: Alan DeKok <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 09:19:00 -0400
> 
> > What would be the challenge that the NAS (and/or end-user) is
> > expected to respond to? In other words, how MUST (or SHOULD) the NAS
> > respond to receiveing a valid access-challenge that contains zero
> > attributes?
> 
>   The ones I've seen all expect Reply-Message and State, at the
> minimum.  An empty Access-Challenge packet would thus be treated like
> an Access-Reject.
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.