Subject: (radius) zero attributes in access-challenge packet

From: Michael Zdan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 16:56:33 -0700

rfc2138 states that access-challenge packets contain a list of zero or
more attributes.What is the meaning of a RADIUS access-challenge packet
that contains zero attributes? What would be the challenge that the NAS
(and/or end-user) is expected to respond to? In other words, how MUST
(or SHOULD) the NAS respond to receiveing a valid access-challenge that
contains zero attributes?

Thank you,

Michael Zdan

Software Engineer
Ericsson, Inc.
Data Networks and IP Services
Access Product Division
[email-masked]
Ph: 805.961.1575
Fax: 805.562.8085

-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.

---

From: Alan DeKok <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 09:19:00 -0400

> that contains zero attributes?

  Not much.

> What would be the challenge that the NAS (and/or end-user) is
> expected to respond to? In other words, how MUST (or SHOULD) the NAS
> respond to receiveing a valid access-challenge that contains zero
> attributes?

  The ones I've seen all expect Reply-Message and State, at the
minimum.  An empty Access-Challenge packet would thus be treated like
an Access-Reject.

  Alan DeKok.
-