Subject: (radius) Tags, Tunnels and Mailing Lists....

From: Dave Mitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 13:44:52 -0400

Ouch!
	I was removed from this list without notice from livingston last weekend.
Probably another perturbation in the Bay/Nortel mailer forwarding or
weekend maintenance.
This has happened to me several times, I wish livingston bouncer would be a
little more resilent or wait for retries on weekdays.

Looking through the archives for the past week... 

The Funk Steel-Belted RADIUS/BaySecure Access Control server also
implements encrypted tags but with a pre-draft layout (thanks Glen).  And
the Xylo/Bay/Nortel Annex/Versalar 5399/8000 does the matching client (R14+).

That will get fixed in a future server release.  Annex R16 client now has a
configuration parameter for the draft version and draft compatible
data-sensitive tags.  Prior releases always send a zero tag (per draft v02). 

You have to go back to draft-*-00 to get straight string, no-tag passwords.

	Dave.
---------------------------------------------------------------
David Mitton			  		ESN: 248-4570
Consulting Engineer, Nortel Networks	978-916-4570 Direct
Carrier Packet Solutions, IP Services	978-916-3030 FAX
Billerica, MA 01821			[email-masked]
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.