Subject: (radius) Comment on Acct-Session-ID

From: Dave Mitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 12:45:55 -0400

The new Accounting draft mentions that an Access-Accept may include a
Acct-Session-ID and it MUST be the same value as Accounting-Requests for
that session.

However, the new Authentication draft does not add this attribute to it's
table in 5.44 or make any mention of it.

	Dave.
---------------------------------------------------------------
David Mitton                                  ESN: 248-4570
Consulting Engineer, Nortel Networks           978-288-4570 Direct
Carrier Packet Solutions                       978-288-3030 FAX
Billerica, MA 01821                     [email-masked]
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.

---

From: Carl Rigney <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 21:40:13 -0700 (PDT)

> table in 5.44 or make any mention of it.

Accounting attributes are described in the RADIUS Accounting document, not
the RADIUS document, even when they appear in packet types defined in the
RADIUS document.  It can't be otherwise, since RADIUS is on standards track
and can't depend on anything in RADIUS Accounting, which is informational.

There's language in the RADIUS draft mentioning that packets may have attributes
that are defined in other documents, and those other documents should be 
referred to accordingly.

-