Subject: (radius) Problems with Cistron Solaris version

From: Jose Ignacio Cabañas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 10:51:25 +0200

Hello everybody:

I´m trying to use Cistron Radius 1.5.4.3-p18 in a SparcStation under
Solaris 2.5.1
I got sources from ftp.cistron.nl server and compiled them (using
Makefile.sunos5) with FSFgcc 2.7.2.  for Solaris. There have not been
any  errors.
Trying to use it, I have encountered some problems which leads to
malfunctions:

- Authentication works well using System Auth (UNIX passwd) but does not
work with the ./raddb/users  file. A simple entry like showed below
causes bad authentication (always rejected) :

                    pepe    Auth-Type = Local , Password = "pp"
                    <tab>    Framed-IP-Address = 192.168.2.69

- Accounting info is  record nowhere, although Acct-Reply is generated

- Radius log does not show  nothing but "Starting" or some error during
startup. While running, nothing is record in the log.

I have tried to many configuration combinations to reach the properway,
but I have not get anything satisfactory.

My question is:

Does anybody use Cistron Radius under Solaris environment? and does it
work fine? If affirmative, how did you compile it? Is there any place
where I could get compiled sources for Solaris?

Thanks in advance,

Jose Ignacio

-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.