Subject: Re: full IPv6 transition, was: [RAM] Re: Impending publication: draft-iab-raws-report-01.txt

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:56:12 +0100

> On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 15:50:51 +0000, Tim Chown wrote:
 > I met Marc Blancet this morning.  He has IPv6 PI, and is now  
having fun
 > seeing where his /48 is seen :)

s/Blancet/Blanchet/.

having fun "on purpose":
- from all ARIN PI assigned, there were a few weeks ago only two  
prefixes that were advertised on the v6 internet. One is from a  
company that is not doing it for production (I contacted the guy to  
have more info on his experience and he told me that was his weekend  
playground project).  The other PI advertised on the v6 internet is  
ours (2620:0:230::/48). Obviously, that might change any day.
- we are running v6 in production.

Since a month now, I've been contacting providers that were filtering  
our prefix and ALL were very responsive to fix their filter to let PI  
routes being advertised.  So things improving every day.

So it looks like we are punching holes so that other PI will be ok.

After some time, I'm thinking of reporting the work and status to  
some operational community (nanog or ...).

Marc.

-----
IPv6 book: Migrating to IPv6, Wiley, 2006, http://www.ipv6book.ca

_______________________________________________
RAM mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ram