Subject: [RAM] Ivip I-D soon

From: Robin Whittle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 12:21:48 +1000

A number of people have expressed frustration about trying to
understand Ivip by reading the mailing list messages, which are
listed at:

  http://www.firstpr.com.au/ip/ivip/

I will write up a cohesive Ivip Internet Draft in the next few
days and will announce it on this list and make it available
immediately at the above site.

I have other commitments during July which mean I can't do much
more work on Ivip etc. until later in August.

The forthcoming I-D will give a cohesive overview, without
reliance on an understanding of LISP.  It will then have various
more detailed sections for those who are interested.

  - Robin

_______________________________________________
RAM mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ram

---

From: Robin Whittle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 00:29:29 +1000

I have sent draft-whittle-ivip-arch-00 to the IETF and have HTML
and text copies of it at:

The additions since the draft version I made available on 7 July are:

Differences with respect to LISP:

  LISP: UDP encapsulation with outer SA = ITR's address.

  Ivip: IP-in-IP encapsulation with outer SA = inner SA
        = sending host's address

New sections at the end:

  ETRs checking src & dest addresses
  Scaling the Replicator network
  Is fast, secure, Replication possible on the Internet?
  TTRs and Mobility

Not counting boilerplate and blank pages, there's about 86 pages
of material here.  There's a few hours of reading - but it is
cohesive and should make sense to all RAM list readers.

Please let me know of any blunders, suggestions for improvements,
links to similar ideas elsewhere etc.

  - Robin