Subject: Clarifications on error handling

From: Appan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 14:43:18 +0800

I have the following doubts in handling errors in COPS-PR(RFC 3084):

1. The <Named ClientSI> object in report message is defined as follows:

   <Named ClientSI: Report> ::= <[<GPERR>] *(<report>)>

   <report> ::= <ErrorPRID> <CPERR> *(<PRID><EPD>)

   When can the PEP send more than one <PRID><EPD> bindings? If yes,
   which PRID should be sent in <ErrorPRID>?
   If the PEP wants to specify the same <CPERR>, can this be done
without
   repeating <CPERR> object for each <ErrorPRID>?

2. When the PEP gets a DEC message for installing/deleting PRIs, it does
one
    more translation from role-combination to actual interface indices.
    If the installation/deletion fails for one of the multiple
interfaces, is the
    whole DEC message considered failed? How can the PEP indicate to the
PDP
    the error information in this case?

Thank you,