Subject: Protocol Action: Structure of Policy Provisioning Information (SPPI) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 14:48:36 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Structure of Policy
Provisioning Information (SPPI)' <draft-ietf-rap-sppi-07.txt> as a
Proposed Standard.  This document is the product of the Resource
Allocation Protocol Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Bert
Wijnen and Randy Bush.

Technical Summary
 
  RFC 2748 [COPS] defines the COPS protocol, and RFC 2749
  [COPS-RSVP] describes how the COPS protocol is used to
  provide for the outsourcing of policy decisions for RSVP.
  Another usage of the COPS protocol, for the provisioning
  of policy, is introduced in [COPS-PR].  In this provisioning
  model, the policy information is viewed as a collection of
  Provisioning Classes (PRCs) and Provisioning Instances
  (PRIs) residing in a virtual information store, termed the
  Policy Information Base (PIB).  Collections of related
  Provisioning Classes are defined in a PIB module.
  PIB modules are written using an adapted subset of SNMP's
  Structure of Management Information (SMI) [SMI, TC, CONF].
  This document, the Structure of Policy Provisioning
  Information (SPPI), to define that adapted subset.

Working Group Summary

  The working group has consensus on this document.

Protocol Quality

  This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Bert Wijnen