Subject: RE: COPS-PR Clarifications

From: "Iliff, Tina" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 13:57:29 +0000

Saurabh,

Answers to your questions are inline.

Tina Iliff

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Saurabh kapoor [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent:	Thursday, June 14, 2001 12:35 AM
To:	'RAP (E-mail)'
Subject:	COPS-PR Clarifications

We would Like to have a few clarifications regarding the flow of
Configuration request in the COPS PR.
While Sending a configuration request the PEP sends the PDP a Client SI
object containing  <PRID> <EPD> pair.

==> What does PRID stand for? is it the OID of the individual table (for eg
OID of Support Table in FrameWork PIB) or is it the OID of an individual
attribute present with in the table.
It stands for Policy Rule Instance Identifier.  In the case of the <PRID,
EPD> binding it is the OID of the PRC (individual table) entry + InstanceId
subidentifier.
==> Does EPD contain the entire table data or an individual attribute value.
If it is Table data(i.e. all attribute values), then with single PRID of
table, how do we fill the individual attributes.Is it the sequential flow we
need to follow in filling the attribute values??
The EPD contains a complete PRC instance; i.e. a complete table record.  It
contains values of each of the attributes.  

==> One more clarification required is how PIB is constructed at PDP
side..i.e how do we map the OID's to respective attribute of the PIB ( Could
be DiffServ ).
I do not know if I understand this question completely.  The PDP, through
some means which is implementation dependant, will have knowledge of both
the framework PIB and DiffServ PIB OIDs and Entry SEQUENCEs and will process
the NamedClientSI contents based on this knowledge.

Regards,
Saurabh Kapoor
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------
The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions
and not necessarily those of WIPRO Technologies.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------