Subject: framework PIB - Device Capability, PRC support, limitation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 13:12:05 -0500

Hi,

For the Framework PIB,

- The Interface Capabilitites Set Table has a reference
"frwkIfCapSetCapability" pointing to "relevant capability tables in any
PIB". Does this mean that any PIB (e.g., Diffserv, security) MUST have
capability tables? 

- What's the difference between the Capability Set Table and the PRC support
table + Component limitation table? To me, they seem to be the same thing.
Take Diffserv PIB as an example, the ClassificationCapsSpec table is able to
specify that it has the ability to classify based on source address. But
cannot the same thing be said with a Framework PRC support table indicating
that for the filter table, only src address is supported? 

Man Li
Nokia 
5 Wayside Road, Burlington, MA 01803
[email-masked]
phone 1-781-993-3923
GSM 1-781-492-2850