Subject: New draft

From: Andreas Polyrakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 13:16:57 -0400

Hello,

I would like to draw your attention to the following draft:

COPS-PR with Meta-Policy Support
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boutaba-copsprmp-00.txt

This draft defines an extention of the COPS-PR protocol that
allows the PDP to communicate "meta-policies" to the PEP.
Meta-policies are policies that control the content of the PIB of the PEP,
always according to the PDP directions. Hence, the PIB can be
controlled by the PDP either directly (as described by COPS-PR)
or indirectly, through meta-policies. However, by using
meta-policies, the PDP is able to push more policing functionality towards
the PEP, overcome the rigidity of its PIB and make the model 
more distributed, scalable and fault-tolerant.

Any feedback on our work would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Raouf Boutaba 
Andreas Polyrakis