From: Kaustubh Phanse <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 12:21:47 -0400 (EDT)

Hello!
	Just curious if there are any practical/experimental results
about COPS performance when used with RSVP for outsourcing policies etc.
in terms of for example the signaling overhead (bandwidth usage,
additional delay incurred in setting up the RSVP reservation) or any such
related results. I would be more than happy to know more about the same.
	Also is there any ongoing research effort (either academic or in
industry) in setting up policies between multiple domains (e.g. through
some kind of inter-PDP signaling)?? I guess the bandwidth broker concept
and architecture comes close to this? Possible extension could be a BB
which could also incorporate PDP functionalities??
	Any comments/suggestions on the above questions or any relevant
ongoing/open research issues for QoS policy are more than welcome.

Thank you
regards
Kaustubh
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Kaustubh S. Phanse					  [email-masked]
 PhD student				       http://www.ee.vt.edu/~kphanse
 Alexandria Research Institute
 Electrical & Computer Engineering Department		               
 Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------