Subject: Framework PIB: frwkPibIncarnation Prid

From: "Iliff, Tina" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 16:40:00 +0000

Hi,

I need to verify that my interpretation of the frwkPibIncarnation PRC is
correct.  Namely, does the PRID attribute value have to be unique across
contexts per PDP?  For instance, can one Request-State have an
frwkPibIncarnation instance with a PRID value of 3 / Active value of True
and another have an instance with a PRID value of 3 / Active value of False.
If each Request-State has its own name space which does not overlap with any
other Request-State, then the uniqueness of the Prid value should not
matter.  Please clarify if there is a requirement for the Prid values to be
unique across contexts per PDP and explain the reason.

Regards,

Tina Iliff

---

From: "Sahita, Ravi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 10:07:14 -0700

Tina,
 
You're right, the uniqueness of the InstanceId in the Incarnation PRC does
not matter across contexts. 
 
Ravi
 
-----Original Message-----
From: Iliff, Tina [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2001 9:40 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: Framework PIB: frwkPibIncarnation Prid

Hi,

Regards,

Tina Iliff