Subject: Policy Device Auxiliary MIB

From: Sumit Vakil <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 12:08:01 -0700

Whatever happened to the Policy Device Auxiliary MIB?  Couldn't find it on
the IETF's RAP page.

Thanks,

Sumit A. Vakil
Caly Networks

---

From: "Mark L. Stevens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 15:30:53 -0400

The draft expired. The authors are busily readying it for re-submission. Look
for it again soon.

If any of the authors are listening, do not hesitate to re-submit the
document at your earliest convenience.  A quick note indicating the expected
time for doing so would be very helpful, too.

-Mark Stevens

---

From: Jukka Manner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 11:09:32 +0300 (EET DST)

Hi,

	I've tried to find out what has happened to the RSVP proxy work? I've
understood that the first ID on the ideas (draft-ietf-rsvp-proxy-02) was taken
to the RAP WG and converged with the ID on COPS usage with the RSVP proxy. What
has happened to this work, as the latest draft-nitsan-cops-rsvp-proxy-03 draft
has expired.

	BR,

	Jukka Manner

---

From: Nguyen Thi Mai Trang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 18:34:25 +0200

Hi all,

I have a question about the COPS protocol usage.

In the normal operation of COPS-PR, the network administrator will creat the
policies and stock them in the COPS-PR Policy Repository. The COPS-PR PDP
connects to the COPS-PR Policy Repository to retrieve the policy and configure
its PEP.

I would like to make a SLA server who manages all SLAs of the domain. Instead of
creating all the policies for the COPS-PR Policy Repository, the administrator
will creat the policies for the SLA server and stock them in the SLA Policy
Repository. The SLA server connects to the SLA Policy Repository to retrieve the
policy. The SLA policy helps the SLA server decide to accept or refuse a SLS
requested by his client. Once the SLA server accept a SLS (i.e., the SLA is
established), it will make some changes or generate some new rules in the Policy
Repository of the COPS-PR Policy Repository so that the COPS-PR PDP can properly
configure its PEPs.

My questions :
1. Am I permitted to use the COPS protocol for the communication between the SLA
client and the SLA server ? call the SLA server the PDP and I call the SLA client
the PEP ?
2. If the answer of question 1 is "yes", is the fact that the SLA PDP make some
changes in the Policy Repository of COPS-PR PDP conflict with the Policy Based
Management Framework and Architecture ?

Thank you very much.
Mai Trang