Subject: RE: PDP denied ResvErr/PathErr

From: "Rawlins, Diana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 23:40:11 +0000

My understanding of the COPS-RSVP spec is that the Request ResvErr or
PathErr results because of the PDP responding with a Dec Remove to the
previous request of the same handle. The Request ResvErr/PathErr provides
the change for the PDP to update the ERROR_SPEC object specifying detailed
error sub-codes (error-value) in the Decision Replacement object.

It doesn't make sense to me that the PDP would return a DEC Remove to a
legitimate REQ ResvErr/PathErr, but I suppose it could happen. I'm not
familiar with this case being explicitly addressed in any of the RFC's.
However, I don't see that it would change the PEP state a great deal. There
would be no need for the PEP to exchange the ResvErr or PathErr ERROR_SPEC
object out since the PDP would not have provided it in the Decision Remove.
The RSVP signal would be "error'ed" with a RESVERR or PATHERR and the policy
state removed. 

-Diana

-----Original Message-----
From: Yacine El Mghazli [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 9:33 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: PDP denied ResvErr/PathErr

Is it possible that a PDP deny/reject a ResvErr/PathErr outsourced message ?
If yes, what happens so ?

Thanks,
Yacine

-- Yacine El Mghazli
----------------------------------------------------------------------
  Alcatel R&I
  Software and Services Strategic Program - VIPeR
  Marcoussis, France
  Tel  +33 1 6963 4187
  Fax  +33 1 6963 1169
  [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------