Subject: RE: "Identity Representation for RSVP" question

From: "Hess, Rodney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 12:51:10 -0700

Hey, Hannes,

The statement you high lighted from Section 6.3 is in error.  Sending the
Kerberos ticket to the KDC is unnecessary to obtain the session key as the
ticket already contains the key.  This will be fixed in the next draft.

Rodney Hess
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: Hannes Tschofenig [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2001 3:01 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: "Identity Representation for RSVP" question

hi

in section 6.3. of <draft-ietf-rap-rsvp-better-identity-00.txt> the
verification procedure of the user credentials are explained:

"Kerberos: Send the Kerberos ticket to the KDC to obtain the session key.
Using the session key authenticate the user.".

why should the router/pdp send the ticket to the kdc?

ciao
hannes