Subject: INET-ADDRESS-MIB and <draft-ietf-rap-frameworkpib-05.txt>

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 15:54:15 +0200

The latest revision of the INET-ADDRESS-MIB in
<draft-ietf-ops-rfc2851-update-01.txt> allows to share InetAddressType
values and it introduces some new TCs that you may want to use. In
particular, you may want to consider to change

   FrwkIpFilterEntry ::= SEQUENCE { 
           frwkIpFilterDstAddrType      InetAddressType, 
           frwkIpFilterDstAddr          InetAddress,  
           frwkIpFilterDstAddrMask      Unsigned32, 
           frwkIpFilterSrcAddrType      InetAddressType, 
           frwkIpFilterSrcAddr          InetAddress,  
           frwkIpFilterSrcAddrMask      Unsigned32, 
           frwkIpFilterDscp             Integer32, 
           frwkIpFilterProtocol         Integer32, 
           frwkIpFilterDstL4PortMin     Unsigned32, 
           frwkIpFilterDstL4PortMax     Unsigned32, 
           frwkIpFilterSrcL4PortMin     Unsigned32, 
           frwkIpFilterSrcL4PortMax     Unsigned32  
   } 

to the following:

   FrwkIpFilterEntry ::= SEQUENCE { 
           frwkIpFilterAddrType         InetAddressType, 
           frwkIpFilterDstAddr          InetAddress,  
           frwkIpFilterDstAddrPrefix    InetAddressPrefixLength, 
           frwkIpFilterSrcAddr          InetAddress,  
           frwkIpFilterSrcAddrPrefix    InetAddressPrefixLength, 
           frwkIpFilterDscp             Integer32, 
           frwkIpFilterProtocol         Unsigned32,
           frwkIpFilterDstL4PortMin     InetPortNumber, 
           frwkIpFilterDstL4PortMax     InetPortNumber, 
           frwkIpFilterSrcL4PortMin     InetPortNumber, 
           frwkIpFilterSrcL4PortMax     InetPortNumber
   }

This brings the filter definition more or less inline with the
definition in the diffserv MIB. Note that there is also a TC for the
DSCP code point you can consider to use (although this creates an
additional dependency to the diffserv MIB).

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder      Technical University Braunschweig
<[email-masked]>  Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks
Phone: +49 531 391 3289    Bueltenweg 74/75, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Fax:   +49 531 391 5936    <URL:http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw/>