Subject: RE: draft-ietf-rap-frameworkpib-06

From: "Sahita, Ravi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 08:43:28 -0800

Yes, thanks for the correction,
this will be updated in the updated document.

Ravi

-----Original Message-----
From: Chapman, Ken [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2001 1:03 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: draft-ietf-rap-frameworkpib-06

Hi,
I am new to this list, so I apologize if this has already been reported. In
the FRAMEWORK-TC-PIB (section 3), the Role and RoleCombination
TEXTUAL-CONVENTIONs are defined using SnmpAdminString, which is also a
TEXTUAL-CONVENTION (imported from SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB. This is not allowed in
SPPI (RFC3159):

"11.1.2. Mapping of the SYNTAX clause The SYNTAX clause, which must be
present, defines abstract data structure corresponding to the textual
convention. The data structure must be one of the following: a base type
(see the SYNTAX clause of an OBJECT-TYPE macro), or the BITS construct. Note
that this means that the SYNTAX clause of a Textual Convention can not refer
to a previously defined Textual Convention."
 
Happy New Year,
	Ken

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Ken Chapman           Unisphere Networks, Inc.
                      M/S 2380
Tel: +1 978 589 0288  10 Technology Park Drive
Fax: +1 978 589 0800  Westford, MA 01886
Email: [email-masked]
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++