Subject: 2 updated drafts for Yokohama

From: Kwok Ho Chan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 00:18:30 -0400

Hi:
Two updated drafts:
ftp://standards.nortelnetworks.com/rap/draft-ietf-rap-feedback-fr-pib-03.txt
and
ftp://standards.nortelnetworks.com/rap/draft-ietf-rap-cops-frwk-01.txt

have been submitted to [email-masked].
Available here for your reading prior to IETF announcement.
-- Kwok --

---

From: "Rawlins, Diana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 00:27:58 +0000

Kwok,

I'm not able to access the below ftp site pages. - "page cannot be
displayed"

There was no update was made to the feedback framework to my knowledge. I've
attached the url to the March version.
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rap-feedback-frwk-02.txt

The feedback pib-03 was, as you said, just submitted to the IETF. Thanks for
posting it to a site (now if I could just read it.)

Thanks,
-Diana

-----Original Message-----
From: Kwok Ho Chan [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, June 30, 2002 11:19 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Kwok Ho Chan
Subject: 2 updated drafts for Yokohama

Hi:
Two updated drafts:

---

From: Kwok Ho Chan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 13:28:48 -0400

Diana:
I can access the drafts OK by just clicking on the links below.
Please let me know if you continue to have problem.

The other draft is COPS Framework, not Feedback Framework.
-- Kwok --

---

From: "Da Silva, Pedro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 14:10:15 +0100

Hi,

Reading the framework doc, first thing that popped to mind is that
outsourcing always has to be present because there is no way to provision a
PEP that has not yet contacted the PDP. That is we always need the PEP to
open, to initiate a config session with the PDP; the PDP cannot proactively
contact a PEP to configure it. So, at least, we need the OPEN message from
the outsourcing model in any situation, be it a core or whatever router.
This is somewhat of a problem for the traditional management model. We
circumvented the prob by configuring the device to contact our PDP after
startup, as COPS allows for this. I believe this is a legacy issue stemming
from RSVP.

Pedro

-----Original Message-----
From: Kwok Ho Chan [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 5:19 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Kwok Ho Chan
Subject: 2 updated drafts for Yokohama

Hi:
Two updated drafts: