Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rap-cops-frwk-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 06:36:24 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Resource Allocation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: An Architecture for COPS Based Policy Control 
                          Management Framework
	Author(s)	: K. Chan, L. Hamer
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rap-cops-frwk-01.txt
	Pages		: 3
	Date		: 03-Jul-02
	
This document describes an architecture for a COPS based Policy 
Control Management System Framework.  The architecture is designed 
to be modular, allowing future modification and addition to existing 
framework.  The major units of the architecture are the Policy 
Decision Points (PDP), the Access Edge Policy Enforcement Points 
(AE_PEP), the Core Policy Enforcement Points (C_PEP).  With Message 
Processing Subsystem, Security Subsystem, Framework Data Model 
Subsystem, and Application Specific Data Model Subsystem in each PDP 
and PEP. 
This document further provides a high level description of each unit 
and describes the relationship among each unit.  This document also 
describes how the subsystems within each unit interact with each 
other to provide the functionality of a Policy Control Management 
System.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rap-cops-frwk-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rap-cops-frwk-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rap-cops-frwk-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.