Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rap-rsvp-authsession-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 06:31:27 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Resource Allocation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Session Authorization for RSVP
	Author(s)	: L. Hamer, B. Gage, M. Broda, B. Kosinski, H. Shieh
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rap-rsvp-authsession-03.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 02-Jul-02
	
This document describes the representation of session authorization 
information in the POLICY_DATA object (RFC 2750) for supporting 
policy-based per-session authorization and admission control in 
RSVP.  The goal of session authorization is to allow the exchange of 
information between network elements in order to authorize the use 
of resources for a service and to co-ordinate actions between the 
signaling and transport planes.  This document describes how a 
process on a system authorizes the reservation of resources by a 
host and then provides that host with a session authorization policy 
element which can be inserted into the RSVP PATH message to 
facilitate proper and secure reservation of those resources within 
the network. We describe the encoding of media authorization 
information as RSVP policy elements and provide details relating to 
operations, processing rules and error scenarios.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rap-rsvp-authsession-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rap-rsvp-authsession-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rap-rsvp-authsession-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.