Subject: RFC 4261 on Common Open Policy Service (COPS) Over Transport Layer Security (TLS)

From: "Hahn, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 14:36:14 -0800

(Note: this was the last open work item for the RAP working Group. --
Scott)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4261

        Title:      Common Open Policy Service (COPS)
                    Over Transport Layer Security (TLS)
        Author(s):  J. Walker, A. Kulkarni, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       December 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 28662
        Updates:    2748

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rap-cops-tls-11.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4261.txt

This document describes how to use Transport Layer Security (TLS)
to secure Common Open Policy Service (COPS) connections over the
Internet.

This document also updates RFC 2748 by modifying the contents of
the Client-Accept message.

This document is a product of the Resource Allocation Protocol Working
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

---

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 03:48:02 +0100

Congrats.

Bert

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
> Hahn, Scott
> Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 23:36
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: RFC 4261 on Common Open Policy Service (COPS) Over Transport
> Layer Security (TLS)
> 
> 
>  
>