Subject: [Recentattendees] IETF 102 Early Bird Cutoff and Exciting Events!

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2018 14:10:30 -0700

IETF 102 
Montreal, Canada
July 14-20, 2018
Host: Juniper

IETF 102 Information: https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/102/
Register online at: https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/register/

1. Early Bird Deadline
	The early bird deadline for registration is Friday, July 6.
	Be sure to register and pay before the deadline passes!

2. Social Event Information

	Join us at 1909 Taverne Moderne for the IETF 102 social
	reception hosted by Juniper Networks! Just a short walk from
	Fairmont the Queen Elizabeth Hotel, you'll enjoy delicious food,
	craft beer, networking, and entertainment from 7:00pm-10:00pm.

	When: Tuesday, July 17, 19:00-22:00
	Cost: $35 USD per ticket, limit two per attendee
	Link to purchase tickets: https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf102/eventticket.py
	More information: https://ietf.org/how/meetings/102/social/

3. IETF 102 Wednesday Host Speaker Series!

NOTE: The Host Speaker series will take place on Wednesday at
IETF 102.

Topic: Networking 3.0 
Speaker: Bikash Koley, Executive Vice President and Chief
Technology Officer, Juniper Networks

	Over the last decade, networking has seen some fundamental
	shifts. Much of that has been driven by how network is consumed
	today by users and applications. Network’s evolution from a
	rigid, human-driven, connectivity mechanism to a programmable,
	self-driving and intent-drive infrastructure continues. Bikash is
	going to share his experience of the past decade in building such
	a self-driving network at Google and how he sees this evolution
	only accelerating in every enterprise and service provider
	networks going forward. Bikash will put into perspective some of
	the leading technologies that are disrupting networking today.
	For instance, does disaggregation end with white box, or are
	there other opportunities to separate traditionally
	tightly-integrated technology components? How do monitoring and
	programmability ultimately have to come together to support
	highly automated infrastructure leveraging DevOps ambitions and
	event-driven infrastructure? How does security change when policy
	and control extend well beyond a single domain? Bikash has a
	practitioner’s view of what is important, what is different, and
	what should be leveraged in embracing Networking 3.0.

	Logistics: 
	Room: Laurier 
	Date: Wednesday, July 18 
	Time: 12:30 – 13:15 
	Lunch will NOT be provided.

	Speaker Biography:

	Bikash Koley, Executive Vice President and Chief Technology
	Officer, Juniper Networks

	Bikash joined Juniper in September 2017, after a decade as a
	top engineer and visionary at Google, where he helped turn every
	layer of the network stack into a programmable, distributed
	system. Along the way, he designed, built, and operated Google’s
	production infrastructure and led the team responsible for
	adopting SDN. Bikash holds 18 networking technology patents and
	was instrumental in creating the OpenConfig working group.

4. Code Sprint	

	The IETF 102 Code Sprint in Montreal will, as
	always, let you work on fixing those things about the datatracker
	which you most urgently desire to do something about.

	When: Saturday, July 14 from 09:30 to 18:00
	Where: Fairmont Queen Elizabeth Montreal, Room Mansfield/Sherbrooke
	Signup: https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/IETF102SprintSignUp
	More information: https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/IETF102Sprint

5. Hackathon

	The Hackathon at IETF 102 encourages developers to
	discuss, collaborate and develop utilities, ideas, sample
	code and solutions that show practical implementations of
	IETF standards.

	When: Saturday July 14 and Sunday July 15
	Where: Fairmont Queen Elizabeth Montreal, Room Centre Ville
	Signup: https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf102/hackathonregistration.py
	More information: https://ietf.org/how/runningcode/hackathons/102-hackathon/
	Keep up to date by subscribing to: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hackathon

	The Hackathon is free to attend and is open to everyone. It
	is a collaborative event, not a competition. Any competition is
	friendly and in the spirit of advancing the pace and relevance of
	new and evolving internet standards. Extend the invitation to 
	colleagues outside the IETF!

	Descriptions and information regarding the technologies
	for the hackathon are located on the IETF 102 Meeting Wiki:
	https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ietf/meeting/wiki/102hackathon

	Don’t see anything that interests you? Feel free to add
	your preferred technology to the list, sign up as its
	Champion and show up to work on it. Note: you must login to
	the wiki to add content. If you do add a new technology, we
	strongly suggest that you send an email to [email-masked]
	to let others know. You may generate interest in your
	technology, and find other people who want to contribute to
	it.

	To request a wiki account, please click on the “login”
	button on the bottom right corner of the page, and choose
	“register.” If you need a new password please click on the
	“login” button on the bottom right corner of the page and
	choose “Send new password.” 

6. Code Lounge

	In an effort to diversify the type of work that happens
	during IETF meetings, attendees are encouraged to organize
	sessions focused on running code throughout the meeting week. The
	Code Lounge is designed for groups to informally meet to
	brainstorm, code, and test ideas. The area will be designated by
	signage. Attendees can sign up for slots here: 

	https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ietf/meeting/wiki/102codelounge

	Attendees are encouraged to look at the final agenda and
	determine timeslots that have the least conflict to ensure
	successful attendance to the Code Lounge sessions as well as any
	traditional working group sessions.

7. Side Meetings

	For IETF 102, two rooms are available for first-come
	first-served (FCFS) signup online. The larger of the two (Square
	Dorchester) will hold approximately 40 people and will be
	configured with a U-shaped table. The smaller room (Barre
	Oblique) will be configured as a boardroom and will hold
	approximately 12 people. Both rooms will have projectors.

	You can sign up for either room by visiting the IETF meeting
	wiki here:
	https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ietf/meeting/wiki/ietf102#SideMeetings

	The coveted morning, lunch and evening slots are not
	currently available for reservation, but will be made available
	at the start of IETF 102.

	Please include your name, email and a short description of
	the meeting when reserving the room, and please limit yourself to
	no more than a total of three hours during the IETF meeting week.
	In addition, please remember that meetings held in these rooms
	are subject to the IETF Meeting Policy:
	https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/meeting-rooms-policy/