Subject: [REMOTEUI] Proposed Agenda for BoF at IETF 63

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 19:52:08 -0500

I've posted (and will update as appropriate) a draft agenda for the 
Remote UI BOF at:

	http://www.softarmor.com/rui/meets/ietf63/agenda.html

Note that the RUI supplementary web page at

	http://www.softarmor.com/rui/

currently has related information.

Please provide feedback about the agenda ASAP.

The draft agenda follows:

	Agenda Bashing, 5 min
	Introduction & Background information, 10 min
	W3C Multimodal Interaction Work, Dave Raggett, 10 min
	Discussion: Problem Statement, 20 min
	Discussion: Possible Solutions, 15 min
	Discussion: Deliverables, 20 min
		Requirements Doc
		Framework Doc
		Protocol Doc(s)
	Next Steps/WG Charter (10 min)

--
Dean Willis
BOF cochair

_______________________________________________
REMOTEUI mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/remoteui

---

From: Gottfried Zimmermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 16:07:48 +0200

Hi,

since i will not be able to participate at the BoF in Paris the week after
next week, here some input for the session:

(1) I welcome the effort on developing a ui exchange protocol for
facilitation of remote uis across platforms.

(2) The protocol should also work across multiple modalities of user
interfaces and their input and output components, e.g. graphical, auditory,
or tactile output or any combination of these.  Therefore the protocol
should talk about "ui components" rather than "widgets".  UI components (or
interactors) are modality-independent, but are of course rendered in a
specific way on a specific system.

(3) Example use case: A user starts an interaction with a ticket sales
service from their mobile phone by using the graphical user interface of the
service.  Then the user enters a car and drives away, continuing the
interaction by using voice only.

(4) A couple of references may be useful for this development effort:

* The upcoming V2-URC (Universal Remote Console) standard which defines a
set of modality-neutral interactors (defined in a "Presentation Template").
www.myurc.com.

* The XForms 1.0 form controls,
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-xforms-20031014/slice8.html.

Have a good session in Paris,
Gottfried

___________________________________________________
 
 Gottfried Zimmermann, Ph.D.
 Phone +49 7121 790806
 ICT Systems Architect under contract for:
 Trace R&D Center, University of Wisconsin-Madison
___________________________________________________