Subject: [Widex] Updated Widex requirements draft

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 18:54:08 +0300

Hi,

Updated version of the Widex requirements draft 01 available at
http://www.kolumbus.fi/vlad.stirbu/draft-ietf-widex-requirements-01.txt.
It will be available shortly also in the IETF drafts repository.

The draft addresses the comments raised during IETF65:

* Dean: Can we have multiple Widex sessions between client and server?
That would require more than just URI.  Dave: Assuming single 
session. Need to document.
	- Addressed in section 3.6

* Lisa: Strongly suggest making which DOM to modify explicit, not
implicit.
	- Addressed in section 5.3

* Need to get clarity from REX folks on DOM3 and QNames.  We could work
around it by specifying namespaces as a separate attribute or element.
	- TODO for the framework

* Need to do addressing (identifying session and DOM tree) in the
protocol.  Need to put this into the framework.
	- TODO for the framework

* We cannot have all DOM events get transferred over-the-wire. Need to
figure out how to specify what DOM events at the client get the server
gets notified of.  Is it by provisioning (i.e., this application has
these events) or by negotiation?
	- See next bullet.

* Should UI events that do not update the DOM get propagated via Widex
or the application, such as input focus, text selection, cursor
position? Vlad thinks they should be left out.  Dave: Someone needs to
deal with it, but it could be external to Widex.  Vlad: Widex needs to
communicate stuff that is relevant to modality.  Dave: These are
application events, not strictly UI events.
	- Addressed in section 5.3

* Add requirement for not reporting all DOM events from the renderer.
	- Addressed in section 3.3 in the WO.Event definition.

Cheers,
Vlad
_______________________________________________
Widex mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/widex

---

From: Rosfran Lins Borges <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 22:56:22 -0300

Hi,
   A minor (maybe) fix: at the following section (3.4), in the Widex 
requirements draft 01, where there is a reference to "RUIOs", maybe 
should be "WOs" (Widex Objects).

"3.4.  Transport Protocol

   The Transport Protocol is a protocol that just transports the RUIOs
   as a string of bits, without looking at them."

-- 
Rosfran Borges

ext [email-masked] wrote:

> _http://www.kolumbus.fi/vlad.stirbu/draft-ietf-widex-requirements-01.txt_. 
> * Need to get clarity from REX folks on DOM3 and QNames.  We could 
> work around it by specifying namespaces as a separate attribute or 
> element.
>
>         - TODO for the framework
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>