Subject: [rfc-dist] BCP 97, RFC 8067 on Updating When Standards Track Documents May Refer Normatively to Documents at a Lower Level

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 17:16:43 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 97        
        RFC 8067

        Title:      Updating When Standards Track Documents 
                    May Refer Normatively to Documents at 
                    a Lower Level 
        Author:     B. Leiba
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      3
        Characters: 6215
        Updates:    RFC 3967
        See Also:   BCP 97

        I-D Tag:    draft-leiba-3967upd-downref-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8067

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8067

RFC 3967 specifies a process for allowing normative references to
documents at lower maturity levels ("downrefs"), which involves
calling out the downref explicitly in the Last Call notice.  That
requirement has proven to be unnecessarily strict, and this document
updates RFC 3967, allowing the IESG more flexibility in accepting
downrefs in Standards Track documents.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org