Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8010 on Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: Encoding and Transport

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 13:59:23 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8010

        Title:      Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: 
                    Encoding and Transport 
        Author:     M. Sweet, I. McDonald
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      51
        Characters: 115605
        Obsoletes:  RFC 2910, RFC 3382

        I-D Tag:    draft-sweet-rfc2910bis-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8010

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8010

The Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) is an application-level protocol
for distributed printing using Internet tools and technologies.  This
document defines the rules for encoding IPP operations, attributes,
and values into the Internet MIME media type called "application/ipp".  It
also defines the rules for transporting a message body
whose Content-Type is "application/ipp" over HTTP and/or HTTPS.  The
IPP data model and operation semantics are described in "Internet
Printing Protocol/1.1: Model and Semantics" (RFC 8011).

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org