Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8043 on Source-Address-Dependent Routing and Source Address Selection for IPv6 Hosts: Overview of the Problem Space

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2017 13:04:00 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8043

        Title:      Source-Address-Dependent Routing and Source Address 
                    Selection for IPv6 Hosts: Overview of 
                    the Problem Space 
        Author:     B. Sarikaya, M. Boucadair
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       January 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 35213
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-sarikaya-6man-sadr-overview-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8043

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8043

This document presents the source-address-dependent routing (SADR)
problem space from the host's perspective.  Both multihomed hosts and
hosts with multiple interfaces are considered.  Several network
architectures are presented to illustrate why source address
selection and next-hop resolution are needed in view of
source-address-dependent routing.

The document is scoped on identifying a set of scenarios for
source-address-dependent routing from the host's perspective and
analyzing a set of solutions to mitigate encountered issues.  The
document does not make any solution recommendations.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org