Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8053 on HTTP Authentication Extensions for Interactive Clients

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 17:29:47 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8053

        Title:      HTTP Authentication Extensions for 
                    Interactive Clients 
        Author:     Y. Oiwa, H. Watanabe,
                    H. Takagi, K. Maeda,
                    T. Hayashi, Y. Ioku
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 62530
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-httpauth-extension-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8053

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8053

This document specifies extensions for the HTTP authentication
framework for interactive clients.  Currently, fundamental features
of HTTP-level authentication are insufficient for complex
requirements of various Web-based applications.  This forces these
applications to implement their own authentication frameworks by
means such as HTML forms, which becomes one of the hurdles against
introducing secure authentication mechanisms handled jointly by
servers and user agents.  The extended framework fills gaps between
Web application requirements and HTTP authentication provisions to
solve the above problems, while maintaining compatibility with
existing Web and non-Web uses of HTTP authentication.

This document is a product of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Authentication Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org