Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8013 on Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) Inter-FE Logical Functional Block (LFB)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 14:56:23 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8013

        Title:      Forwarding and Control Element Separation 
                    (ForCES) Inter-FE Logical Functional Block (LFB) 
        Author:     D. Joachimpillai, J. Hadi Salim
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 55263
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-forces-interfelfb-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8013

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8013

This document describes how to extend the Forwarding and Control
Element Separation (ForCES) Logical Functional Block (LFB) topology
across Forwarding Elements (FEs) by defining the inter-FE LFB class.
The inter-FE LFB class provides the ability to pass data and metadata
across FEs without needing any changes to the ForCES specification.
The document focuses on Ethernet transport.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org