Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8064 on Recommendation on Stable IPv6 Interface Identifiers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 14:56:37 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8064

        Title:      Recommendation on Stable IPv6 Interface 
                    Identifiers 
        Author:     F. Gont, A. Cooper,
                    D. Thaler, W. Liu
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 19179
        Updates:    RFC 2464, RFC 2467, RFC 2470, RFC 2491, 
                    RFC 2492, RFC 2497, RFC 2590, RFC 3146, 
                    RFC 3572, RFC 4291, RFC 4338, RFC 4391, 
                    RFC 5072, RFC 5121

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6man-default-iids-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8064

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8064

This document changes the recommended default Interface Identifier
(IID) generation scheme for cases where Stateless Address
Autoconfiguration (SLAAC) is used to generate a stable IPv6 address.
It recommends using the mechanism specified in RFC 7217 in such
cases, and recommends against embedding stable link-layer addresses
in IPv6 IIDs.  It formally updates RFC 2464, RFC 2467, RFC 2470, RFC
2491, RFC 2492, RFC 2497, RFC 2590, RFC 3146, RFC 3572, RFC 4291, RFC
4338, RFC 4391, RFC 5072, and RFC 5121.  This document does not
change any existing recommendations concerning the use of temporary
addresses as specified in RFC 4941.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org