Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8046 on Host Mobility with the Host Identity Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 17:39:32 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8046

        Title:      Host Mobility with the Host 
                    Identity Protocol 
        Author:     T. Henderson, Ed.,
                    C. Vogt,
                    J. Arkko
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 86483
        Obsoletes:  RFC 5206

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-hip-rfc5206-bis-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8046

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8046

This document defines a mobility extension to the Host Identity
Protocol (HIP).  Specifically, this document defines a "LOCATOR_SET"
parameter for HIP messages that allows for a HIP host to notify peers
about alternate addresses at which it may be reached.  This document
also defines how the parameter can be used to preserve communications
across a change to the IP address used by one or both peer hosts.
The same LOCATOR_SET parameter can also be used to support end-host
multihoming (as specified in RFC 8047).  This document obsoletes RFC
5206.

This document is a product of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org