Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8075 on Guidelines for Mapping Implementations: HTTP to the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 21:54:11 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8075

        Title:      Guidelines for Mapping Implementations: HTTP 
                    to the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) 
        Author:     A. Castellani, 
                    S. Loreto,
                    A. Rahman,  
                    T. Fossati,
                    E. Dijk
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      40
        Characters: 86096
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-core-http-mapping-17.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8075

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8075

This document provides reference information for implementing a
cross-protocol network proxy that performs translation from the HTTP
protocol to the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP).  This will
enable an HTTP client to access resources on a CoAP server through
the proxy.  This document describes how an HTTP request is mapped to
a CoAP request and how a CoAP response is mapped back to an HTTP
response.  This includes guidelines for status code, URI, and media
type mappings, as well as additional interworking advice.

This document is a product of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org