Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8160 on IUTF8 Terminal Mode in Secure Shell (SSH)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 22:56:39 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8160

        Title:      IUTF8 Terminal Mode in Secure 
                    Shell (SSH) 
        Author:     S. Tatham, 
                    D. Tucker
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 6961
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-sgtatham-secsh-iutf8-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8160

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8160

This document specifies a new opcode in the Secure Shell terminal
modes encoding.  The new opcode describes the widely used IUTF8
terminal mode bit, which indicates that terminal I/O uses UTF-8
character encoding.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org