Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8145 on Signaling Trust Anchor Knowledge in DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 16:12:51 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8145

        Title:      Signaling Trust Anchor Knowledge in 
                    DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC) 
        Author:     D. Wessels, W. Kumari, P. Hoffman
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 27110
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-key-tag-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8145

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8145

The DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC) were developed to provide origin
authentication and integrity protection for DNS data by using digital
signatures.  These digital signatures can be verified by building a
chain of trust starting from a trust anchor and proceeding down to a
particular node in the DNS.  This document specifies two different
ways for validating resolvers to signal to a server which keys are
referenced in their chain of trust.  The data from such signaling
allow zone administrators to monitor the progress of rollovers in a
DNSSEC-signed zone.

This document is a product of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org