Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8144 on Use of the Prefer Header Field in Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 07:47:58 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8144

        Title:      Use of the Prefer Header Field in
                    Web Distributed Authoring and 
                    Versioning (WebDAV) 
        Author:     K. Murchison
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 47134
        Updates:    RFC 7240

        I-D Tag:    draft-murchison-webdav-prefer-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8144

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8144

This document defines how the Prefer header field (RFC 7240) can be
used by a Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) client to
request that certain behaviors be employed by a server while
constructing a response to a request.  Furthermore, it defines the
new "depth-noroot" preference.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org