Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8166 on Remote Direct Memory Access Transport for Remote Procedure Call Version 1

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 15:51:48 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8166

        Title:      Remote Direct Memory Access Transport 
                    for Remote Procedure Call Version 1 
        Author:     C. Lever, Ed.,
                    W. Simpson,
                    T. Talpey
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      55
        Characters: 123019
        Obsoletes:  RFC 5666

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5666bis-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8166

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8166

This document specifies a protocol for conveying Remote Procedure
Call (RPC) messages on physical transports capable of Remote Direct
Memory Access (RDMA).  This protocol is referred to as the RPC-over-
RDMA version 1 protocol in this document.  It requires no revision to
application RPC protocols or the RPC protocol itself.  This document
obsoletes RFC 5666.

This document is a product of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org