Subject: [rfc-dist] BCP 153, RFC 8190 on Updates to the Special-Purpose IP Address Registries

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 14:57:44 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 153        
        RFC 8190

        Title:      Updates to the Special-Purpose
                    IP Address Registries 
        Author:     R. Bonica,
                    M. Cotton,
                    B. Haberman,
                    L. Vegoda
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 10158
        Updates:    RFC 6890
        See Also:   BCP 153

        I-D Tag:    draft-bchv-rfc6890bis-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8190

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8190

This memo updates the IANA IPv4 and IPv6 Special-Purpose Address
Registries to address issues raised by the definition of a "global"
prefix.  It also corrects several errors in registry entries to
ensure the integrity of the IANA Special-Purpose Address Registries.

This memo updates RFC 6890.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org