Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8156 on DHCPv6 Failover Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2017 15:05:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8156

        Title:      DHCPv6 Failover Protocol 
        Author:     T. Mrugalski,
                    K. Kinnear
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      96
        Characters: 214505
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-protocol-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8156

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8156

DHCPv6 as defined in "Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6                       
(DHCPv6)" (RFC 3315) does not offer server redundancy.  This document
defines a protocol implementation to provide DHCPv6 failover, a
mechanism for running two servers with the capability for either
server to take over clients' leases in case of server failure or
network partition.  It meets the requirements for DHCPv6 failover
detailed in "DHCPv6 Failover Requirements" (RFC 7031).

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org