Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8185 on Dual-Homing Coordination for MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Pseudowires Protection

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 12:38:23 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8185

        Title:      Dual-Homing Coordination for MPLS Transport 
                    Profile (MPLS-TP) Pseudowires Protection 
        Author:     W. Cheng,
                    L. Wang,
                    H. Li,
                    J. Dong,
                    A. D'Alessandro
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 40293
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pals-mpls-tp-dual-homing-coordination-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8185

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8185

In some scenarios, MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) pseudowires (PWs)
(RFC 5921) may be statically configured when a dynamic control plane
is not available.  A fast protection mechanism for MPLS-TP PWs is
needed to protect against the failure of an Attachment Circuit (AC),
the failure of a Provider Edge (PE), or a failure in the Packet
Switched Network (PSN).  The framework and typical scenarios of dual-
homing PW local protection are described in RFC 8184.  This document
proposes a dual-homing coordination mechanism for MPLS-TP PWs that is
used for state exchange and switchover coordination between the dual-
homing PEs for dual-homing PW local protection.

This document is a product of the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org