Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8199 on YANG Module Classification

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 11:33:46 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8199

        Title:      YANG Module Classification 
        Author:     D. Bogdanovic, 
                    B. Claise,
                    C. Moberg
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 23080
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netmod-yang-model-classification-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8199

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8199

The YANG data modeling language is currently being considered for a
wide variety of applications throughout the networking industry at
large.  Many standards development organizations (SDOs), open-source
software projects, vendors, and users are using YANG to develop and
publish YANG modules for a wide variety of applications.  At the same
time, there is currently no well-known terminology to categorize
various types of YANG modules.

A consistent terminology would help with the categorization of YANG
modules, assist in the analysis of the YANG data modeling efforts in
the IETF and other organizations, and bring clarity to the YANG-
related discussions between the different groups.

This document describes a set of concepts and associated terms to
support consistent classification of YANG modules.

This document is a product of the NETCONF Data Modeling Language Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org