Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8152 on CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 11:16:05 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8152

        Title:      CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE) 
        Author:     J. Schaad
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      121
        Characters: 256190
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-cose-msg-24.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8152

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8152

Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) is a data format designed
for small code size and small message size.  There is a need for the
ability to have basic security services defined for this data format.
This document defines the CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE)
protocol.  This specification describes how to create and process
signatures, message authentication codes, and encryption using CBOR
for serialization.  This specification additionally describes how to
represent cryptographic keys using CBOR.

This document is a product of the CBOR Object Signing and Encryption Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org