Subject: [rfc-dist] STD 88, RFC 3596 on DNS Extensions to Support IP Version 6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 10:41:24 -0700 (PDT)

RFC 3596 has been elevated to Internet Standard.

        STD 88        
        RFC 3596

        Title:      DNS Extensions to Support IP Version 6 
        Author:     S. Thomson,
                    C. Huitema,
                    V. Ksinant,
                    M. Souissi
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2003
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 14093
        Obsoletes:  RFC 3152, RFC 1886
        See Also:   STD 88

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc1886bis-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc3596

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC3596

This document defines the changes that need to be made to the Domain Name System (DNS) to support hosts running IP version 6 (IPv6).  The changes include a resource record type to store an IPv6 address, a domain to support lookups based on an IPv6 address, and updated definitions of existing query types that return Internet addresses as part of additional section processing.  The extensions are designed to be compatible with existing applications and, in particular, DNS implementations themselves.

This document is a product of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now an Internet Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org