Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8228 on Guidance on Designing Label Generation Rulesets (LGRs) Supporting Variant Labels

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 14:38:32 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8228

        Title:      Guidance on Designing Label Generation 
                    Rulesets (LGRs) Supporting Variant Labels 
        Author:     A. Freytag
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 50900
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-freytag-lager-variant-rules-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8228

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8228

Rules for validating identifier labels and alternate representations
of those labels (variants) are known as Label Generation Rulesets
(LGRs); they are used for the implementation of identifier systems
such as Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs).  This document
describes ways to design LGRs to support variant labels.  In
designing LGRs, it is important to ensure that the label generation
rules are consistent and well behaved in the presence of variants.
The design decisions can then be expressed using the XML
representation of LGRs that is defined in RFC 7940.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org