Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8229 on TCP Encapsulation of IKE and IPsec Packets

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2017 16:56:32 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8229

        Title:      TCP Encapsulation of IKE and 
                    IPsec Packets 
        Author:     T. Pauly, 
                    S. Touati,
                    R. Mantha
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2017 
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 56294
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipsecme-tcp-encaps-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8229

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8229

This document describes a method to transport Internet Key Exchange
Protocol (IKE) and IPsec packets over a TCP connection for traversing
network middleboxes that may block IKE negotiation over UDP.  This
method, referred to as "TCP encapsulation", involves sending both IKE
packets for Security Association establishment and Encapsulating
Security Payload (ESP) packets over a TCP connection.  This method is
intended to be used as a fallback option when IKE cannot be
negotiated over UDP.

This document is a product of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org