Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8191 on Home Network Prefix Renumbering in Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 21:40:21 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8191

        Title:      Home Network Prefix Renumbering in 
                    Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) 
        Author:     Z. Yan, 
                    J. Lee,
                    X. Lee
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 20719
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dmm-hnprenum-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8191

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8191

In the basic Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) specification, a Mobile Node
(MN) is assigned with a Home Network Prefix (HNP) during its initial
attachment, and the MN configures its Home Address (HoA) with the
HNP.  During the movement of the MN, the HNP remains unchanged to
keep ongoing communications associated with the HoA.  However, the
current PMIPv6 specification does not specify related operations when
HNP renumbering has occurred (e.g., due to change of service provider
or site topology, etc.).  In this document, a solution to support HNP
renumbering is proposed, as an optional extension of the PMIPv6
specification.

This document is a product of the Distributed Mobility Management Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org