Subject: [Rfced-future] Interims

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 07:37:21 -0700

Hi Eliot,

I saw your email about a poll for an interim meeting of the RFC 
Editor Program.  I went to the IAB page and could not find any 
information about the past interims.  I have no doubt that you must 
have posted something about those past meetings.  I would have to 
either search for the information as it is not readily accessible or 
postpone understanding the discussions until I have the time to 
locate the interim minutes.

The program is expected to use its mailing list to develop and 
validate consensus.  Why is another interim needed?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 16:44:35 +0200

Hi SM,

You can find minutes on data tracker here:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/rfcefdp/meetings/ <https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/rfcefdp/meetings/>

Best wishes!

Eliot

> On 30 Apr 2021, at 16:37, S Moonesamy <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Eliot,
> 
> I saw your email about a poll for an interim meeting of the RFC Editor Program.  I went to the IAB page and could not find any information about the past interims.  I have no doubt that you must have posted something about those past meetings.  I would have to either search for the information as it is not readily accessible or postpone understanding the discussions until I have the time to locate the interim minutes.
> 
> The program is expected to use its mailing list to develop and validate consensus.  Why is another interim needed?
> 
> Regards,
> S. Moonesamy
>

---

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 08:00:11 -0700

Hi Eliot,
At 07:44 AM 30-04-2021, Eliot Lear wrote:
><https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/rfcefdp/meetings/>https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/rfcefdp/meetings/

Thanks for the quick reply.  I suggest asking for a link to be added 
on the program page as it could help other people.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

---

From: "Salz, Rich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 15:07:59 +0000

Speaking as a participant, we make *much faster* progress during interims than via the mailing list.  That should not be a surprise.

I have not seen anything discussed in the interim that hasn't shown up as GH issues or been confirmed on the list.  The chairs are doing an excellent job of keeping (interims,github,mailing list) in sync.

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 09:13:23 -0600

On 4/30/21 9:07 AM, Salz, Rich wrote:
> Speaking as a participant, we make *much faster* progress during interims than via the mailing list.

Agreed. However, as editor, I plan to start tracking down open issues
more aggressively, so that we can make more progress between meetings.

Peter

---

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 14:05:55 -0700

> on the program page as it could help other people.

Hi,

Good suggestion.  I've had the link added.
-- 
Wes Hardaker
USC/ISI