Subject: Re: [Roll] Discussion on draft

From: Philip Levis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 09:10:07 -0700

On Apr 1, 2008, at 1:52 AM, Mischa Dohler wrote:
> Phil: "Its purpose is expressly *not* to survey research, other
> standards body, and custom protocols."
>
> Mischa: Ok, we will kick in later then.
>
>
> (Phil: "All of these results are from high-level simulators which  
> use a
> unit-disk model for radio connectivity. Their claims therefore need  
> to be
> taken with a grain of salt. Among other things, they do not consider
> any kind of temporal dynamics."
>
> Mischa: We are very aware of this and our approaches do not consider  
> unit
> disk and also cater for high network dynamicity - and - they work  
> very well.

I was, of course, referring to Vcap and Gspring, the two papers you  
cited. I can't make any statements about papers I haven't read. For  
example, the Gspring paper reads: "In our simulations, we adpoted a  
simple radio model: all nodes have a uniform radio range; two nodes  
can communicate if and only if they are within radio range of each  
other and if their line of sight does not intersect and obstacle."

Phil
_______________________________________________
Roll mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll