Subject: [Roll] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-roll-urban-routing-reqs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 14:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Urban WSNs Routing Requirements in Low Power and Lossy Networks
	Author(s)	: M. Dohler, T. Watteyne, C. Jacquenet, G. Madhusudan, G. Chegaray
	Filename	: draft-ietf-roll-urban-routing-reqs-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2008-4-16
	
The application-specific routing requirements for Urban Low Power and
   Lossy Networks (U-LLNs) are presented in this document. In the near
   future, sensing and actuating nodes will be placed outdoors in urban
   environments so as to improve the people's living conditions as well 
   as to monitor compliance with increasingly strict environmental laws.
   These field nodes are expected to measure and report a wide gamut of
   data, such as required in smart metering, waste disposal,
   meteorological, pollution and allergy reporting applications. The
   majority of these nodes is expected to communicate wirelessly which
   - given the limited radio range and the large number of nodes -
   requires the use of suitable routing protocols. The design of such
   protocols will be mainly impacted by the limited resources of the
   nodes (memory, processing power, battery, etc) and the
   particularities of the outdoors urban application scenario. As such,
   for a wireless ROLL solution to be competitive with other incumbent
   and emerging solutions, the protocol(s) ought to be energy-efficient,
   scalable and autonomous. This documents aims to specify a set of
   requirements reflecting these and further U-LLNs tailored
   characteristics.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roll-urban-routing-reqs-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Roll mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll

---

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 17:03:27 -0400

Our first WG document !

JP.

------ Forwarded Message
> From: <[email-masked]>
> Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 14:00:01 -0700 (PDT)
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Cc: <[email-masked]>
> Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-roll-urban-routing-reqs-00.txt
> 
> Content-Type: text/plain
> Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
> 
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

------ End of Forwarded Message