Subject: [Roll] Query

From: "joy merwin monteiro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 04:29:50 +0530

Hi,

went through the protocol survey document, and had one question:
are the protocols being considered only from among those which
exist as RFCs ? If yes, why ? If not, why are protocols like
directed diffusion and rumor routing not considered ?

Apologies if it sounds retarded to some.

TIA,
Joy

-- 
"...For there is no freedom if it is not secured by the state; and
conversely, only a state which is controlled by free citizens can
offer them any reasonable security at all"

 -- Karl Popper in "Open Society and its Enemies,
 discussing balance of freedom and state control.
_______________________________________________
Roll mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll

---

From: Philip Levis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 17:57:36 -0700

> directed diffusion and rumor routing not considered ?

Well, you'll note that no research protocols -- UCLA/USC/ISI or  
otherwise -- are mentioned. From the perspective of this document, the  
question is whether an existing IETF protocol will meet the needs of  
ROLL. That is, whether there needs to be one or more RFCs that  
describe protocols for ROLL, or whether existing ones suffice.

Phil