Subject: [Roll] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-levis-roll-protocols-survey-00.txt

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 19:12:04 -0400

No change other than the name of the document. We're planning to have a
major revision before Dublin.

Thanks.

JP.

------ Forwarded Message
From: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu,  8 May 2008 15:00:01 -0700 (PDT)
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-levis-roll-protocols-survey-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

 Title  : Overview of Existing Routing Protocols for Low Power and Lossy
Networks
 Author(s) : P. Levis, J. Vasseur, D. Culler
 Filename : draft-levis-roll-protocols-survey-00.txt
 Pages  : 23
 Date  : 2008-5-6
 
Networks of low power wireless devices introduce novel IP routing
   issues.  Low-power wireless devices, such as sensors, actuators and
   smart objects, have difficult constraints: very limited memory,
   little processing power, and long sleep periods.  As most of these
   devices are battery-powered, energy efficiency is critically
   important.  Wireless link qualities can vary significantly over time,
   requiring protocols to make agile decisions yet minimize topology
   change energy costs.  Such low power and lossy networks (L2Ns) have
   routing requirements that existing mesh protocols only partially
   address.  This document provides a brief survey of the strengths and
   weaknesses of existing protocols with respect to L2Ns.  It provides
   guidance on how lessons from existing and prior efforts can be
   leveraged in future protocol design.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-levis-roll-protocols-survey-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

------ End of Forwarded Message

_______________________________________________
Roll mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll