Subject: [Roll] Fw: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-roll-building-routing-reqs-01

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 09:10:59 -0500

A new version of the Building Automation Routing Requirements (-01) has 
been submitted to the repository.  This version includes the following 
changes received during the review process:

1) Cleaned up changes as requested by Dominique

2) Added Nicolas Riou as an author on the title page 

3) Moved the following three requirements from the 'routing requirements' 
section to the appendix of non-routing requirements per JP

 Packet Prioritization

   Routers MUST support quality of service prioritization to assure
   timely response for critical FMS packets.

Proxying for Constrained Devices

   Routing MUST support in-bound packet caches for low-power (battery
   and energy harvested) devices when these devices are not accessible
   on the network. 

Device Integrity

   Commercial Building devices MUST all be periodically scanned to
   assure that the device is viable and can communicate data and alarm
   information as needed. Network routers SHOULD maintain previous
   packet flow information temporally to minimize overall network
   overhead. 

Regards,

Jerry

----- Forwarded by Jerald P Martocci/CORP/Johnson_Controls on 10/30/2008 
08:48 AM -----

IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]> 
10/30/2008 08:47 AM

To
[email-masked]
cc
[email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked]
Subject
New Version Notification for draft-ietf-roll-building-routing-reqs-01

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-roll-building-routing-reqs-01.txt has 
been successfuly submitted by Jerry Martocci and posted to the IETF 
repository.

Filename:                 draft-ietf-roll-building-routing-reqs
Revision:                 01
Title:                            Building Automation Routing Requirements 
in Low Power and Lossy Networks
Creation_date:            2008-10-29
WG ID:                            roll
Number_of_pages: 27

Abstract:
The Routing Over Low power and Lossy network (ROLL) Working Group has 
been chartered to work on routing solutions for Low Power and Lossy 
networks (LLN) in various markets: Industrial, Commercial (Building), 
Home and Urban. Pursuant to this effort, this document defines the 
routing requirements for building automation.

Requirements Language 

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
Roll mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll