Subject: [Roll] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-shelby-6lowpan-nd-00]

From: Zach Shelby <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:57:56 +0300

Hi,

The first version of the ND for 6LoWPAN I-D has now been posted and is 
available for comment. We would appreciate constructive comments and 
list discussions on this before the IETF, and I would like to request a 
slot in Minneapolis to present the draft.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shelby-6lowpan-nd-00.txt

There are some known open issues on this draft:

o Trickle and its optional use for RA periods in to be in next version.
o Fault tolerance to be defined in next version.
o Ad-hoc network (no infrastructure) to be discussed in next version.
o Context dissemination to be described in more detail. To be determined 
in how much detail.
o Can the 6LoWPAN Address Option be integrated into the Address Option 
using options in the S field? One less option..
o Consistent for both mesh under and route over may not be 100% 
consistent yet

Regards,
Zach

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-shelby-6lowpan-nd-00
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 07:47:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
CC: 
[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-shelby-6lowpan-nd-00.txt has been 
successfuly submitted by Zach Shelby and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-shelby-6lowpan-nd
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Neighbor Discovery for 6LoWPAN
Creation_date:	 2008-10-24
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 39

Abstract:
The 6LoWPAN format allows IPv6 to be used over very low-power, low-
bandwidth wireless networks often making use of extended multihop
topologies.  However, the use of standard IPv6 Neighbor Discovery
over 6LoWPAN networks has several problems.  Standard ND was not
designed for wireless links, the standard IPv6 link concept and heavy
use of multicast makes it inefficient.  This paper specifies Neighbor
Discovery optimized for 6LoWPAN.

The IETF Secretariat.

-- 

Zach Shelby
Head of Research
Sensinode Ltd.
Kidekuja 2
88610 Vuokatti
FINLAND

mobile: +358 40 7796297

This e-mail and all attached material are confidential and may contain 
legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, 
please contact the sender and delete the e-mail from your system without 
producing, distributing or retaining copies thereof.
_______________________________________________
Roll mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll