Subject: [Roll] FW: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-roll-indus-routing-reqs-03

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 08:33:18 +0100

Hi:

We just published a new version (03) of the ROLL industrial routing
reqs.
Some language was clarified to address off-list comments, in particular
around MUSTs and SHOULDs. 
We clarified the requirement for "autonomicity", that is the need for
the device to discover and adapt to its environment.

Have a great season,

Pascal

Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-roll-indus-routing-reqs-03
From: "IETF I-D Submission Tool" <[email-masked]>
To: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 08:07:25 +0100

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-roll-indus-routing-reqs-03.txt has been successfuly submitted by Pascal Thubert and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-roll-indus-routing-reqs
Revision:	 03
Title:		 Industrial Routing Requirements in Low Power and Lossy Networks
Creation_date:	 2008-12-18
WG ID:		 roll
Number_of_pages: 24

Abstract:
Wireless, low power field devices enable industrial users to
significantly increase the amount of information collected and the
number of control points that can be remotely managed.  The
deployment of these wireless devices will significantly improve the
productivity and safety of the plants while increasing the efficiency
of the plant workers by extending the information set available from
wired systems.  In an industrial environment, low power, high
reliability, and easy installation and maintenance are mandatory
qualities for wireless devices.  The aim of this document is to
analyze the requirements for the routing protocol used for Low power
and Lossy Networks (LLN) in industrial environments.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
Roll mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll